The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the store think I'm in Russia?

Sub2MyOnlyFaas

Question

23 answers to this question

Did you change your region recently? Maybe your ISP is routing through Russia and some magic is happening.

Check your game settings, check your network settings, etc.

IT could be a proxy.

IF all else fails, follow up with the ISP - DE doesn't mandatorily change player's region/region detection to Russia of all places for fun.

I'm not Russian, never been to Russia, never had a VPN set to Russia, never had anything to do with anything Russia related except for memorizing the SOVIET national anthem for memes. So why am I locked out of the store?

Edited by Sub2MyOnlyFaas
Added the actual reason why I'm makin this post xD
  • Like 4

I saw another thread not to long ago about someone's store being set to a different country/currency, so if you're not actually in Russia or Belarus it could possibly be that. If you are actually in Russia or Belarus, though, DE isn't doing business there right now because of the, uh, ongoing events (https://www.warframe.com/news/important-update). Not that we can help you either way, this is just the forums. Recite the magic words: Contacticus Supporticus. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

I saw another thread not to long ago about someone's store being set to a different country/currency, so if you're not actually in Russia or Belarus it could possibly be that. If you are actually in Russia or Belarus, though, DE isn't doing business there right now because of the, uh, ongoing events (https://www.warframe.com/news/important-update). Not that we can help you either way, this is just the forums. Recite the magic words: Contacticus Supporticus. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Did I do it right? image-2022-09-11-210757351.png

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Sub2MyOnlyFaas:

I'm not Russian, never been to Russia, never had a VPN set to Russia, never had anything to do with anything Russia related except for memorizing the SOVIET national anthem for memes. So why am I locked out of the store?

are people from russia not allowed to play warframe? I did not know that.

• Like 3

vor 13 Stunden schrieb kamisama85:

lol looks like someone tried to buy plat at a lower cost than the rest of the world by spoofing their location and got caught.

Hm....
however. he does not answer. so seems to be a cheater.

and less money for the company also means less game content!
I think this should be banned immediately! and for eternity!!!

because he destroys gameplay for ALL of US!

• Like 1

Did you change your language settings in the launcher to Russian at any point? Update 32 made some changes to region detection:

On 2022-09-07 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Purchases on the Warframe website and when purchasing TennoGen now use new backend science to determine the currency/region pricing. Most players won’t notice this change, but we wanted to be transparent for those who may see a currency difference.

I changed my language to Traditional Chinese a while back (just to see if it would allow chinese characters to be usable in chat after switching back to English), and ever since U32 dropped the game thinks I'm in Taiwan.

5 minutes ago, shut said:

Did you change your language settings in the launcher to Russian at any point? Update 32 made some changes to region detection:

I changed my language to Traditional Chinese a while back (just to see if it would allow chinese characters to be usable in chat after switching back to English), and ever since U32 dropped the game thinks I'm in Taiwan.

Never done that, I did randomly get German mission text when doing Archon hunts but that's a little unrelated

I'm dealing with this now. I did submit a ticket and they claimed they fixed it but didn't. Some how my account I think is location was set to Russia when I live in the US. They way iv tested this was logging into different computers and phones, and the store still thinks I'm in Russia.