Drifter invisible in cutscene where you get to choose between operator and drifter

Having this problem too after coming back from like a year long break of the game. So that's fun.

Many situations like of the glass tapping cutscene, invisible character.

General whistling and guiding section, invisible character.

The room, completely invisible character with floating props.

I had to look up a video to see what exactly was the original intention, I can't imagine how many more problems are in the quest, like talk of a Softlock at a somewhat later point apparently. I just can't play the game until all of this is patched, the experience would just be worse.

Edited by SHOKK_
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, omawegpoepsaus said:

And here I thought the operator was just going insane talking to people that only exist in his mind. lol

Since it was my first playthrough, I honestly thought it was intentional cause at some point their hand renders with an effect. But I guess it just uses a completely different shader or mesh and that caused it to show up correctly.

But once you see a held camera shot on literally nothing. It certainly isn't intended, as comedic as it was.

On 2022-09-11 at 1:05 PM, omawegpoepsaus said:

hahahhaahahaaha

*cries due to being softlocked for 3 days* 

Yeah, sorry. That would be the other big bug in the quests.

Can tell you that the devs at least know of that one and have responded to us about it. The softlock bug should be dealt with in the next hotfix.

Started this quest for the first time today and have had invisible drifter in Zariman dinner scene and invisible man in the wall all quest too, the numerous hotfixes appear to have not resolved this yet. I guess I'll take a break from the game until I can actually see the quest properly since I was really enjoying it until the bugs.

Did the New War today, has the same bug. Man in the wall not appearing aboard the zariman, the floating natah hand, and the chopstick vs operator. 

Ive been preparing for this quest for a long time after returning to the game, and it completely ruined my immersion. My friends informed me about that its not supposed to be a floating chopstick, and even though it is the man in the wall, im not supposed to talk to an actual wall. 

I was really disappointed.  Loved the quest, but this kind of ruined it for me.

• Like 1