Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best weapon to use against archon assassinate target?

(PSN)crow5716

Question

12 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (PSN)crow5716 said:

Looking for info on what the best weapon to use against the archon assassinate target is that will make the fight as quick as possible also what element?

Thanks for any help.

Radiation Kuva Hek to my knowledge. Meta hugger Grind Hard Squad has a video of him two shotting boreal, one shot per phase.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)crow5716 said:

Looking for info on what the best weapon to use against the archon assassinate target is that will make the fight as quick as possible also what element?

Thanks for any help.

It is weak to radiation and take your favorite weapon with a lot of single target damage and that does not rely on ammunition.

Some examples would be Phenmor, Laetum, Nataruk...

I have also seen people using weapons that do a spread of many bullets and deal big damage; gunblades like Stropha or shotguns with spread like Kuva Hek. 

It is worth noting it is immune to armor strip and the vast majority of warframe abilities and it also has a limit on how much of each stat procs it takes.

Take a frame that you are comfortable you won't die because you are heavily punished for it and keep in mind pesky sentients and eximus will spawn frequently.

It has a weak spot that counts towards headshots for incarnon weapons

Frame abilities that can self buff damage like eclipse, roar, chroma's vex armor, octavia's amp have tremendous value in this fight.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, R4bbit0le said:

It is weak to radiation and take your favorite weapon with a lot of single target damage and that does not rely on ammunition.

Some examples would be Phenmor, Laetum, Nataruk...

I cant Say anything about the Phenmor but the Nataruk and Laetum are Not Suitable for this Fight....

Yes they won't Run out of Ammo but they also are hurt the Hardest By The Damage Attenuation....

The Nataruk is a good For the Aerolysts Though...

It has a weak spot that counts towards headshots for incarnon weapons

Actually Thanks to the Last Hotfix its new Weak Spot is the Shard in its Neck 👀.... Shooting that will deal more Damage.

Frame abilities that can self buff damage like eclipse, roar, chroma's vex armor, octavia's amp have tremendous value in this fight.

That Actually Don't....infact They Do the Exact Opposite.... The more You Buff Yourself... The less Damage you Will Deal.... Multiple Players have Confirmed that Activating Roar/Eclipse Caused their Damage to Go Down Significantly 👀 !!!

Phenmor, Laetum, Kuva Hek, I can vouch for. You want Radiation Damage. Phenmor and Laetum, Incarnon modes, come with some Radiation. 

Archon has damage attenuation, so ideally, for example, if you use Kuva Hek, what you want to do, is land an Alt Fire shot on its head. Then wait, a bit, and do it again. You may not want to just blindly fire into it, over and over. 

Maybe be possible, some high damage snipers, built for Rad, getting headshots may be effective as well. I haven't personally tested. Big damage to head, in regular intervals though, should help you get through fairly fast.  

On 2022-09-11 at 6:42 AM, R4bbit0le said:

do a spread of many bullets and deal big damage; gunblades like Stropha

Stropha shoots one bullet, so it wont work.

Do not use snipers, as with Lephantis you want something that doesnt hit like a truck per damage instance, but instead has a lot of damage instances per second. I tested Rubico and a quickly ran out of ammo while doing puny dmg per shot.

On 2022-09-12 at 1:58 PM, Zakkhar said:

Stropha shoots one bullet, so it wont work.

Correct, the gunblade that does a spray is Vastilok, I was really messing up the two in my head. The Stropha has amazing damage though and by pure coincidence Brozime did a video with a Stropha and a Kuva Hek and did Boreal in less than 5 min. (that was before my comment!)

On 2022-09-11 at 7:32 AM, Lutesque said:

Actually Thanks to the Last Hotfix its new Weak Spot is the Shard in its Neck

The weakspot was always the shard, it was just bugged before. Counts as an headshot and procs all things associated with headshots.

On 2022-09-11 at 7:32 AM, Lutesque said:

The more You Buff Yourself... The less Damage you Will Deal....

Not exactly, I believe you are confusing how damage attenuation works in this fight. TheKengineer did an awesome video on this and I can't explain it any better than him. I highly recommend.

Other than recommending more of our awesome creators I did Amar with a Kuva Hek and a Laetum, using Stropha just to one tap the fools around him and since I got the buffs for Octavia I just had to use her :P he gets huge chunks of damage by both Laetum and Kuva Hek. A squadmate was using Phenmor, Knell (and a Glaive to clear the room) using a Xaku with the buff and he reports a joyful experience as well!  

Archived