Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Styanax - being able to cast abilities during "special" abilities. Other frames should learn from it.

quxier

During Styanax' Final stand (4th) we can cast all abilities (I've checked even Helminth's Mark for death). It makes gameplay much more interesting. Sure, ability may have some issue(s):

and it can be not the best frame but it's still makes gameplay much more natural (flow).

Other frames should learn from it:

- Grendel could shoot enemies using 3rd (shortcut with LMB), use buffs (2nd) and vomit/eat enemies (shortcut RMB)

- Merulina can just cast other abilities (from Helminth) while riding Merulina

- While in Caliban's Razor gyre (1st) state you may armor strip (cast 4t). More here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1298839-calibans-razor-gyre-oriented-gameplay-suggestions-comparision-to-yarelis-aquablades/

- probably others

What about animations? For example frame doesn't look exactly right but it's ok gameplay-wise (won't jump with each ability cast like Styanax or Protea) or it doesn't cover your screen so you cannot see enemies (Caliban's Razor gyre cannot pick stuffs so they hover around him). It's fine. We want to play game not look at beautiful art.

Yep, Styanax brought a whole new flow to abilities imo. He just feels so damn smooth. Caliban and Grendel are definently prime examples of frames that could use a similar approach. Time to allow Hildryn to use pillage during hover mode aswell imo. Wouldnt mind if Wisp and Revenant were allowed to use their kit during their ult channel aswell.

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wouldnt mind if Wisp and Revenant were allowed to use their kit during their ult channel aswell.

They kind of can.  Wisp can launch her 2 and teleport to it while casting Sol Gate.  Revenant can Reave around while using Danse Macabre.  

Honestly, I'm all for expanding functionality like this.  I worry that with Styanax it's unintended though.  It seems like an accident.

Archived