Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove/Change Ivara's Prowl Movement Restrictions

ReverseKinetix

I beg of you please. Not being able to bullet jump or even sprint is super annoying and does not fit well in the current flow of gameplay. It incentivizes sitting still in one place and mindlessly shooting, tossing glaive, or whatever else instead of utilizing the free-flowing movement warframe is heralded for. I don't care if you give a bigger energy drain while doing those movements - we already get more drain while moving or melee attacking in the first place. The fact that I am relegated to sitting on my dashwire or just slow walking around a mission is restrictive and holds the frame back.

If we can't get a change in this area, at least let us have prowl stay active if we do run or bullet jump. As it is now we have to recast the ability anytime we use movement beyond rolling or walking. I would at least like to be able to reposition freely and go right back into invis when I stop moving. Basically, let the ability stay active if we utilize movement beyond the parameters listed on the description (i.e. If I have prowl active and bullet jump or sprint then I will lose invis with the ability remaining active - no drain since I am not getting invis, no pickpocket, no headshot multiplier. However, when I land, wall latch, or stop sprinting I will immediately go back to being invisible so there will be no need to recast the ability when I'm already being targeted by enemies.)

I would prefer if the movement restrictions on Ivara's 3, Prowl, would be removed entirely, but I think the second option is at least a fair compromise so Ivara can keep up with the current pace of gameplay.

Also, I know this post may seem out of place considering it is mostly filled with Wukong posts at the moment, but the new team seems to be very happy handing out QoL changes: see Excal, Volt, and Mag. My hope is that this post will at least add Ivara's outdated Prowl restrictions to DE's list of future QoL improvements to frames.

The biggest reason for the movement restriction is so that it isnt just loki's cloak. Also since the whole theme behind her is she is a sneaky huntress that stalks her pray. And if they got rid of the restrictions, they would have to redo its augment. I get what you are saying, but ivara isnt meant for high mobilty and high power. For mine, she is either slow and steady for spy missions, or power wire/bow for things like defense where I can sit in one area. Anything else, and a different frame will work better, In the meantime, could use prowl as a "oh S#&$" button just to get out of danger and stay fully mobile till then. But yeah, the second option does sound alright, losing invis when I slide does get a bit annoying.

Prowl really doesn't incentivize standing still. lack of Bullet Jump and Sprint slow you down a little bit, but really not much since the rest of Parkour isn't restricted.

also if you want to go extremely fast in Prowl, the Infiltrate Augment is your Friend. with Strength you can go borderline uncontrollably fast.
and if you want even more than that, the Parkour Velocity 'Stat' will make you even faster.
you'll literally be so fast you you can't maneuver. you'll overshoot everything and hit every Wall.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

If you're in invis, how would you be taking damage then?

my 'favorite' is Arc Traps :D
dealing like -50 Energy/sec, before the  Door it's behind even finishes opening 👌

if anything, it would be nice if the Energy Drain on Damage had a cap to like, maybe 5 times a Second or something.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

If you're in invis, how would you be taking damage then?

You seem unfamiliar with the Disruption mode. Upon activation, the terminals will cause a variety of effects, among them mana drain. But also shield and life drain, both of which (if I recall correctly) near instantly drain Ivaras entire energy bar as well.

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You seem unfamiliar with the Disruption mode. Upon activation, the terminals will cause a variety of effects, among them mana drain. But also shield and life drain, both of which (if I recall correctly) near instantly drain Ivaras entire energy bar as well.

Except those are only if you stay near the terminal, right? If you're playing Ivara, you won't be near the terminals.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Except those are only if you stay near the terminal, right? If you're playing Ivara, you won't be near the terminals.

The shock conduits one is only near terminals. But health, shield, and energy drain are global until the demolyst is killed. 

I love Ivara, but I’ve never been tempted to take her into disruption. 

6 hours ago, Foxyboi95 said:

The biggest reason for the movement restriction is so that it isnt just loki's cloak. Also since the whole theme behind her is she is a sneaky huntress that stalks her pray. And if they got rid of the restrictions, they would have to redo its augment. I get what you are saying, but ivara isnt meant for high mobilty and high power. For mine, she is either slow and steady for spy missions, or power wire/bow for things like defense where I can sit in one area. Anything else, and a different frame will work better, In the meantime, could use prowl as a "oh S#&$" button just to get out of danger and stay fully mobile till then. But yeah, the second option does sound alright, losing invis when I slide does get a bit annoying.

but we have so many ways to go invisible that are just better than prowl

like this mod here 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stalk

and we also have octavia that can stay invisible forever

She's a frame perfect for those who don't wish to be moving at ricochet off the wall speeds all the time, her Prowl is for when you wish to be moving careful and if you need to go fast you drop it and go and recast when your not in frenetic mode. Also there is a reason we have now 50 frames in that not every frame is best for every occasion.

On 2022-09-12 at 8:31 AM, taiiat said:

also if you want to go extremely fast in Prowl, the Infiltrate Augment is your Friend.

that's not how you go fast in prowl. use the rollspeed pistol mod (you should use it in 100% of your frames anyway as it literally faster than BJ for horizontal movement unless you have a speedbuff) and just roll a lot during prowl.

you'll outrun pretty much anyone without a buff and without the mod while being invisible. especially corpus tilesets are fantastic for this, but it works decently enough even in corrupted ship.

ofc, spacechild dash is still faster if the space allows for it, but that would be true either way, regardless of prowl or not.

3 minutes ago, iHaku said:

roll

I wish I could.

I don't (want to) use a separate key exclusively for Roll (forward + tapping Crouch works perfectly fine in all other situations),
thus I can't roll without breaking Prowl, since a Slide-cancelled-into-Roll breaks it.

DE, please just disable sliding during Prowl to allow everyone / every control scheme to utilize this mobility feature.

37 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I wish I could.

I don't (want to) use a separate key exclusively for Roll (forward + tapping Crouch works perfectly fine in all other situations),
thus I can't roll without breaking Prowl, since a Slide-cancelled-into-Roll breaks it.

DE, please just disable sliding during Prowl to allow everyone / every control scheme to utilize this mobility feature.

i dont have it on a "seperate" key either. my roll is bound to double dapping the "sprint" key (which is shift for me).

7 hours ago, iHaku said:

i dont have it on a "seperate" key either. my roll is bound to double dapping the "sprint" key (which is shift for me).

Alas, I'm also using Toggle Sprint (via clicking in the left analog stick) so this doesn't apper to be an option for me, either.

Admittedly, I managed to finagle something ~workable with setting the stick click to "Sprint / Roll"
but now that'd mean I'd need to undo years of muscle memory (#firstworldproblems) since I'd now need to hold to toggle while tap is Roll,
plus ... holding / rapidly repeating stick clicks is not exactly super comfortable TBH :P
(And swapping it to a different button, besides more muscle memory issues, would still mean something gets swapped to the stick click so I'd dislike using that other thing instead.)

I still think disabling slides during Prowl would be a relatively simple solution that wouldn't hurt anyone if it was added as an option.

BTW, going through the Options, I did a double take, what is up with that entry called "Auto Sprint"?

Is that what I think it is, automatically toggling on Sprint at the start of the mission?
The thing people have asked for for years, that was promised / teased almost as many years ago? When was that added?

And is it just a troll by DE or something, because the option automatically gets toggled off as soon as I close the menu, what the Hek.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Alas, I'm also using Toggle Sprint (via clicking in the left analog stick) so this doesn't apper to be an option for me, either.

to be fair, i didnt even think of anyone using controller to play on PC. like, no offence to people that enjoy that control scheme for WF, but to me it's such an outlandish way to play the game that if you wouldnt have said analog stick, i wouldve never guessed that this was the case lol. 

17 hours ago, iHaku said:

that's not how you go fast in prowl. use the rollspeed pistol mod (you should use it in 100% of your frames anyway as it literally faster than BJ for horizontal movement unless you have a speedbuff) and just roll a lot during prowl.

that's slower than Infiltrate, so i'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.
and i suggested using many things together anyways. i'd pick Arcane Consequence first if i wanted to boost my Parkour as Ivara, myself.

also i too am trapped with using Amalgam Diffiusion despite wanting to use Galvanized Diffusion. but good Parkour has to come first, so rip Damage :(

On 2022-09-12 at 8:33 AM, Traumtulpe said:

Even worse is the energy drain on taking damage. You basically can't use her in Disruption unless you fancy having a super-energy-drain aura on top of the normal one.

disruption aint bad with her and managble 

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's slower than Infiltrate, so i'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is.

what nonsense are you even talking about? rolling with dodgespeed and without infiltrate is much faster than rolling without dodgespeed and with infiltrate. it's not even close dude. and yeah obviously i'm using both since you cant actually roll 24/7 and need to maneuver just a bit without rolling.

not that i'd lose any damage anyway since secondary damage is useless for the most part and only really good as a status inflicting weapon like using a kompressa to instantly apply a ton of corrossion, viral and heat with a single press for my rubico.

4 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

disruption aint bad with her and managble 

agreed, its managable, atleast with primed flow. probably a bit harsh on the energy with default total energy. 

On 2022-09-13 at 4:03 AM, iHaku said:

you'll outrun pretty much anyone without a buff and without the mod while being invisible. especially corpus tilesets are fantastic for this, but it works decently enough even in corrupted ship.

ofc, spacechild dash is still faster if the space allows for it, but that would be true either way, regardless of prowl or not.

The main downside to this issue is that the roll-speed Pistol Mod you're referencing is Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, which means that the user would have to purposefully gimp their weapon to use it, since Galvanized Diffusion relies on the same slot and is universally considered a staple in almost every single pistol build.

Additionally, the OP has a point that I don't think has been made clear. There are many Warframes that allow for invisible movement, and none put restrictions on such movement that Ivara has. To add to that, the majority of all movement in this game is done while sprinting (hence the toggle sprint and auto sprint options), but that is cancelled while she is in Prowl. I would personally like the restriction for sprinting removed, and keep the bullet jumping as is, since that wouldn't intrude on any other Frames, and would allow us to still move at speed without the awkward jump/roll (which makes NO sense in a stealth setting).

5 minutes ago, iHaku said:

what nonsense are you even talking about? rolling with dodgespeed and without infiltrate is much faster than rolling without dodgespeed and with infiltrate. it's not even close dude. and yeah obviously i'm using both since you cant actually roll 24/7 and need to maneuver just a bit without rolling.

that just sounds like not knowing how fast Infiltrate is. it's like knockoff Coptering.
as long as the Terrain allows placing Ziplines. Terrain that blocks it is lame-o

3 minutes ago, iHaku said:

not that i'd lose any damage anyway since secondary damage is useless for the most part

uhhhhhhhhhh
...k, didn't know we were still living in 2013. thanks for the heads up though.

Archived