Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offline Earlier Versions Available for Players to Download, Play, and actually Enjoy?

George_PPS

I personally really loved and enjoyed pre melee 2.99 era with slide attack melee as meta melee and many other meta gun and melee weapons mechanics not destroyed to make them "make sense" according to whoever thinks games need to make sense in the real world.

Many of my loadouts were also optimized for them. I could play the version offline, solo and/or with just friends all day long. It's the version where warframe was at the peak of the fluid gameplay without all the stuttering and damage reduction etc. I was able to move through the maps and tilesets as if it was a racing game! Never there has been a 3rd person shooting game achieving this but the following Warframe updates destroyed it utterly because it was deemed a bad gameplay style. I am sure many players feel the same way for certain versions of warframe and not the current form, which is the worst ever yet based on player feedback and a lot more clunky and stuttering here and there.

Can previous major old versions be released for players to play solo or in local network only?

I want the pre Melee 2.99 version without limitation to wall pass through and keep Riven dispositions high. 

Just now, George_PPS said:

It could be if more players request it. Anything could happen. Look at the overwhelming negative responses of the recent reviews. It happened. 

No, this isn't going to happen. 

Making the game available for offline play would mean releasing the files including code, assets etc. As long as Warframe is online, at all, this won't happen because it would be a major security and IP breach. 

Never going to happen.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

No, this isn't going to happen. 

Making the game available for offline play would mean releasing the files including code, assets etc. As long as Warframe is online, at all, this won't happen because it would be a major security and IP breach. 

Never going to happen.

Any technical issues can be modified. If you don't believe things can happen, you can tell that to yourself and no need to waste your time here. 

It could happen. Warframe servers won't run perpetuality. One day, sooner or later, some offline version must be released to the public way before that happens.

Those who like the idea can keep commenting here and making the requests known, just like all other requests. 

24 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Any technical issues can be modified. If you don't believe things can happen, you can tell that to yourself and no need to waste your time here. 

It could happen. Warframe servers won't run perpetuality. One day, sooner or later, some offline version must be released to the public way before that happens.

Those who like the idea can keep commenting here and making the requests known, just like all other requests. 

I'm not sure if you've seen many MMOs die but when they do they don't suddenly become offline-only...

It isn't a matter of technical ability... of course there COULD be an offline version of warframe. There won't be one though. There never will. You're deluding yourself if you think there will.

18 minutes ago, Genitive said:

We're in the twilight zone.

Yes we are. 

35 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Any technical issues can be modified.

Please tell me: how?

How could they release the game and not have it be a major security issue?

After all if I get the game files (and in order to play completely offline I would need a local copy of all game files) then I can decompile them which tells me exactly how the backend calls work, exactly how all the front end works, and any bugs/flaws that may exist depending on how things are used.

This would basically allow me to test out a ton of various attacks against the game, all locally and without any risk of being caught, that would at the very least provide blueprints to use for an actual attack on the game.  Whether that attack to be just cheating, or actually attacking the infrastructure of the game.

Further this would be a ton of work to make the changes necessary so that it would actually work (and yes, it would be a lot), and for exactly zero gain for DE.
They would have to do a ton of work, with a lot of manhours being spent on it.....and for what? 
It's not like DE could monetize that version in any way...so you're asking them to do a ton of work for zero RoI.  And I can't think of many companies that would be willing to do a complete re-tooling of their software for absolutely zero RoI.

You're basically asking DE to do a ton of work and put in a ton of effort with absolutely no way for them to recoup the costs associated.....that alone makes the entire concept a complete non-starter.

If DE allowed this, players could use this environment to create user-made content. Like Red vs Blue or Enderal. It would be nice if that happened.

Actually wanting it so you can play "like the good old days" is fun for high school reunions and geeky stag parties (about two hours). Is there any other benefit to having this alternate version of Warframe available?

6t5voa.jpg

Archived