Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We can't play as Khal long run?

ChaoticEdge

we only can play as Khal in story line only but we never got a chance play "outside" of his place.  It be cool we can run mission with him to show players the special grineer we made to run around to show our fashion grineer bro on the field.  That I am willing give my guns for Khal to use for his fun and 💩 for DE Plz let us play Khal anywhere (nearly).  I want to command and bro to play as him for while until we get something interesting going on the game.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

We will get Kahl weekly (?) missions in the next update this Thursday. Content was locked for more time to polish.

49 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

ChaoticEdge back again after not reading anything about the last update

lemme rephase it correctly, YOU CAN"T RUN ON REGULAR BASE MISSION not Khal's Mission which BY I MEANT RUN AS KHAL not his "mission" just as Khal to play as Khal in different type of mission that is like earth mission or just running around in PoE

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

Glad you got your hands on the Garrison missions before everyone else so you can tell exactly what content are in them

*sigh*, "rescuing brothers"...I hate nit pick but I really want to run as Khal with bunch warframe or doing 💩 dumb exploring at the time being.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

*sigh*, "rescuing brothers"...I hate nit pick but I really want to run as Khal with bunch warframe or doing 💩 dumb exploring at the time being.

btw, if you bothered to look at the teaser, you would've seen Kahl fighting a Narmer Thumper boss on the Earth tileset, so we'll at least get to play on normal or slightly altered tilesets, which is better than reskined missions that we've played as warframe for 9 years now

Also, I don't think you realise how boring playing as Kahl, a regular Grineer, along with Warframes players would be

47 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

lemme rephase it correctly, YOU CAN"T RUN ON REGULAR BASE MISSION not Khal's Mission which BY I MEANT RUN AS KHAL not his "mission" just as Khal to play as Khal in different type of mission that is like earth mission or just running around in PoE

Kahl is balanced for his own missions, it wouldn't be possible to run him in normal missions. Even trying to scale him would be hard. And he wouldn't exactly be as good as a warframe at them even if he could.

Now the ability to call him in like a crew member might be cool though. But as far as I know that could be an eventual option, we don't know yet.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Bruh, if you really thought we were gonna have Kahl running around with the normal warframes, you're expecting way too much of DE. That would be legitimately boring seeing as the warframes will have already done all the work before Kahl could get a shot off. 

Not exactly. He can already achieve great speeds with his jetpack. The issue is the speed is only vertical, but I at least see him being on par with warframe mobility in open worlds.

The main problem with him is inability to mod or in any other way enhance both him and his weapons, but theoretically it can be done, so it isn't too far fetched to want him used alongside warframes.

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

btw, if you bothered to look at the teaser, you would've seen Kahl fighting a Narmer Thumper boss on the Earth tileset, so we'll at least get to play on normal or slightly altered tilesets, which is better than reskined missions that we've played as warframe for 9 years now

Also, I don't think you realise how boring playing as Kahl, a regular Grineer, along with Warframes players would be

I know, I still want run around like crazy annoying grunt or mess with the new player thinking they are getting attack by the grineer troops but they aren't really.  I just want to mess with the new players at the time being.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

Kahl is balanced for his own missions, it wouldn't be possible to run him in normal missions. Even trying to scale him would be hard. And he wouldn't exactly be as good as a warframe at them even if he could.

Now the ability to call him in like a crew member might be cool though. But as far as I know that could be an eventual option, we don't know yet.

I still wanna.

17 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I know, I still want run around like crazy annoying grunt or mess with the new player thinking they are getting attack by the grineer troops but they aren't really.  I just want to mess with the new players at the time being.

Yeah, ok

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

we only can play as Khal in story line only but we never got a chance play "outside" of his place.  It be cool we can run mission with him to show players the special grineer we made to run around to show our fashion grineer bro on the field.  That I am willing give my guns for Khal to use for his fun and 💩 for DE Plz let us play Khal anywhere (nearly).  I want to command and bro to play as him for while until we get something interesting going on the game.

In a regular mission? Not sure how well he'd be able to keep up, Tenno move through the tilesets like flowing water and I'm not really confident his Jetpack will make up for his decreased agility

In an endless mission, though? Sure, in most endless missions it usually doesn't really matter where you are and if there is a specific objective it'll be in bullet jump distance so he'd definitely be able to keep up there

3 hours ago, ant99999 said:

Not exactly. He can already achieve great speeds with his jetpack. The issue is the speed is only vertical, but I at least see him being on par with warframe mobility in open worlds.

The main problem with him is inability to mod or in any other way enhance both him and his weapons, but theoretically it can be done, so it isn't too far fetched to want him used alongside warframes.

Warframes still outspeed him, he isn't keeping up. Kahl in warframe missions isn't happening and it makes sense. He's not keeping up, and he's no contributing anything more than a shield and a grenade. 

4 hours ago, shocker53 said:

In a regular mission? Not sure how well he'd be able to keep up, Tenno move through the tilesets like flowing water and I'm not really confident his Jetpack will make up for his decreased agility

In an endless mission, though? Sure, in most endless missions it usually doesn't really matter where you are and if there is a specific objective it'll be in bullet jump distance so he'd definitely be able to keep up there

1 hour ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Warframes still outspeed him, he isn't keeping up. Kahl in warframe missions isn't happening and it makes sense. He's not keeping up, and he's no contributing anything more than a shield and a grenade. 

teleport is a thing, hit f teleport next to players, done.

4 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Yeah, ok

still it is still funny if you think about it.  I scared the crap out a player thinking the stalker is coming for him but really i was dress up as excal looking like a stalker with his war weapon and he wasted all his ammo on me.  Fun prank on April fools day.

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

teleport is a thing, hit f teleport next to players, done.

still it is still funny if you think about it.  I scared the crap out a player thinking the stalker is coming for him but really i was dress up as excal looking like a stalker with his war weapon and he wasted all his ammo on me.  Fun prank on April fools day.

An incredibly lazy design choice that would just make people prefer teleport instead of running to keep up with frames. No dice, would not work.

No thanks, I'd like Kahl to stick to his own missions. He's balanced properly for those and it's a completely different experience from regular gameplay. You want to bring something from Kahl's missions into the regular game? How about buffing Ramparts so they actually deal damage, or letting us direct our summons in some way? I could get behind that.

That being said, having the ability to call him in as a Specter in missions or put him on my RJ would be cool. Make it an upgrade you have to buy with Stock or something, he's got like 99% of the summonable crew stuff anyways so why not.

unlikely to happen, DE has set up Kahl to have his own separate journey, keeping Narmer in check whilst the Tenno focus on the rest of the system and tackle the Archons (though I have a funny feeling Kahl might get to take on Pazuul himself, hopefully). plus there's a totally different game balance setup for him; as others have said, Kahl is still far less powerful in all aspects than a Tenno; he's an absolute gigachad of a Grineer to be sure, but he wouldn't be able to keep up with the extremely fast, nigh invincible demigods that Tenno are.

as a special specter like Clem or a Railjack AI? yes please, that's totally within the realm of possibility, and he even has visual customization already. 

11 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

k

Archived