Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Shards


(XBOX)UltraMagnus5000

Recommended Posts

Azurite Archon Shard 

These buffs are kinda disappointing to me as a shield-gating player but when I look in the perspective of people who uses armor the only thing I see useful is the armor. Health is already easy to fit in a build, shield capacity is useless as shields are less durable than health, the energy max is just alright, and health regeneration is just too low for some frames plus there are a lot of ways you can heal already. The only time I see this archon shard shine is the health regeneration on Garuda as she now can spam bloodletting without needing a healing ability or using molt reconstruct. 

Crimson Archon Shard 

Unlike azurite archon shard where the buffs can provide a use on any setups, this shard most of the buffs are for very specific setups. Melee get crit damage, primary get status chance, and secondary get crit chance. Most people do not lock themselves to one weapon for a frame, the only time people do that if it is an exalted weapon Warframe. So off the bat 3 of these buffs are situational and almost no one will use. If these buffs were universal to all weapons people will actually will want to use these. The ability duration buff is just alright. But the best thing from this shard will be the ability strength bonus as it can help you hit certain thresholds with abilities without using 2 or 3 ability strength mods. An example is terrify and avalanche only need umbral intensify with 3 archon shards or 2 if one of them is a tauforged. 

Amber Archon Shard 

In my opinion all of the buff from this shard is useful. The first buff you can get is a mini preparation which will be good for something like thermal sunder titania for void fissures or sevagoth shadow. Health orb effectiveness with equilibrium or energy orb effectiveness can be good to help sustain energy. The casting speed is just good to have only any and every frame. Having two of these shards can easily replace natural talent. Lastly parkour velocity is nice to have to travel faster. If these shard do become tradeable I feel like this one is going to have the highest value but that is just my opinion based on how I played but we all know Inaros mains will disagree and say azurite is the best. 

4th Archon Talk

When it comes to archons, I wonder what the 4th archon will do or give. DE never stated about this one being in the rotation or when or where you be fighting this one. If they did they most likely said the Kahl missions. If the last Archon do not drop anything it will be a bit of a disappointment in my opinion. I want to at least have a chance to drop the Archon mods so you do not have to waste your valuable Kahl's points/syndicate on them as it is only weekly and not daily. 

What will you use your Archon Shards for? 

I know for all my frames I am going to use 2 ambers so I can get rid of natural talent. But accomplishing this will take a long time so I am going start with my favorite frame, Excalibur. For him I am going to 3 amber: 2 are casting speed and 1 health orb effectiveness (to be paired with equilibrium on my build). The other two is going to be ability strength, one will be tauforged if I can't get a tauforged then I will drop health orb effectiveness now for another crimson shard. This build will help me full strip with terrify and able to drop augur secrets and natural talent for archon vitality and augur reach or stretch. As of right now the azurite shard I got I put it on Garuda as explained earlier in this post. But anyways I wonder what everyone is going to do with their archon shards, even though I feel like I already explained how most of these going to be used but I am still interested as some people can be different and have unique builds or setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh how would the health regen help Garuda sustain her own drain? It's 25/sec if used in all slots, she drains half her health, which for me is uhm around 600 hp or so. That is 10 seconds to get back 250 hp. You are better of stacking 5x150 hp at that point and using Grace or Gloom to sustain her infinitely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Eh how would the health regen help Garuda sustain her own drain? It's 25/sec if used in all slots, she drains half her health, which for me is uhm around 600 hp or so. That is 10 seconds to get back 250 hp. You are better of stacking 5x150 hp at that point and using Grace or Gloom to sustain her infinitely.

In the beginning of the post I literally stated I was a shield-gating player so that affects how I play. Also bloodletting if you are not at 50% of your hp then it will just take away the rest of your health. For example if you at 10 hp you will still get back the same amount of energy back and drop down to 2 hp. If you keep regening 1 hp every second it means you can use bloodletting every second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I am confused why people hate shield-gating, you free up mods lots not having to waste 2 slots for vitality and adaptation just for mediocre survivability on frames like banshee.  

I don't hate shield-gating. Not even remotely.
Its just you don't have to use blue shards on frames that don't need them. It doesn't mean the blue shards aren't very useful. Some frames definitely want shields, energy, health etc. 

It just depends on the build/frame. 

Not every frame should be used for shield-gate chicanery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Health regen is generally useless, imo because I have the arcane that lets me get health back when I spam operator. But I dunno, someone might find a use for it, or something in the future might make a use out of it. Inaros and Nidus might like it since they can't shield-gate but I feel like arcanes are just overall-better at this than the shards would be, but maybe not, or maybe it's good enough to let you use a different arcane in some builds.

Currently a reason to use the +shields buff would be either Styanax for increased crit with his passive, or Hildryn as her shields are her energy pool.

Putting extra health/energy on builds that can't fit it, or casting speed and ability str/duration to make a frame function better is probably going to be my main usage for it. Or maybe energy regen to replace energize.

 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I am confused why people hate shield-gating, you free up mods lots not having to waste 2 slots for vitality and adaptation just for mediocre survivability on frames like banshee. 

For me it feels more like an exploit than an intended feature for frames that need a key to use it. I don't really dislike people who use it but people that expect everyone to use it bother me. It's like saying 'here, just use this cheat.' Like, why should I have to cheat? I want to play the frame as intended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I don't hate shield-gating. Not even remotely.
Its just you don't have to use blue shards on frames that don't need them. It doesn't mean the blue shards aren't very useful. Some frames definitely want shields, energy, health etc. 

It just depends on the build/frame. 

Not every frame should be used for shield-gate chicanery.

In the my post the first sentence literally said, "but when I look in the perspective of people who uses armor the only thing I see useful is the armor". I meant to say when I look in the perspective of people who uses health and armor instead of just armor but you know what I mean. Because armor is hard to fit in a build over adaptation and vitality, also having armor for inital damage reduction is nice but everything else in the azurite shard I do not need to go in more of depth of why they bad than what is already stated in the post besides energy max being alright as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

Health regen is generally useless, imo because I have the arcane that lets me get health back when I spam operator. But I dunno, someone might find a use for it, or something in the future might make a use out of it. Inaros and Nidus might like it since they can't shield-gate but I feel like arcanes are just overall-better at this than the shards would be, but maybe not, or maybe it's good enough to let you use a different arcane in some builds.

Currently a reason to use the +shields buff would be either Styanax for increased crit with his passive, or Hildryn as her shields are her energy pool.

Putting extra health/energy on builds that can't fit it, or casting speed and ability str/duration to make a frame function better is probably going to be my main usage for it. Or maybe energy regen to replace energize.

 

For me it feels more like an exploit than an intended feature for frames that need a key to use it. I don't really dislike people who use it but people that expect everyone to use it bother me. It's like saying 'here, just use this cheat.' Like, why should I have to cheat? I want to play the frame as intended.

I personally do not use the arcane of spamming in and out of operator because even one second being in operator slows down my momentum. Also the health regen for shards are not that good for inaros and nidus because just 5 hp per second. If this was change to a percentage than it would be nice

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

In the my post the first sentence literally said, "but when I look in the perspective of people who uses armor the only thing I see useful is the armor". I meant to say when I look in the perspective of people who uses health and armor instead of just armor but you know what I mean. Because armor is hard to fit in a build over adaptation and vitality, also having armor for inital damage reduction is nice but everything else in the azurite shard I do not need to go in more of depth of why they bad than what is already stated in the post besides energy max being alright as well. 

Just gonna say, higher shield values is very useful on a number of builds. That's part of my point. It isn't just shield gate or health builds. 

Many frames/builds would benefit from more shields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

but we all know Inaros mains will disagree and say azurite is the best. 

Oh, good, you already know some of my stance xD

 

is somewhat as joke, as I've become a bit more of a Lavos main recently (Aka, Inaros with abilities).

 

But I can say that I'm particularly excited for going all-in on Health Regen, as that will better allow for a passive Gourmand-Grendel build. (Aka, Inaros that spends health to cast abilities).

Would also be nice to see how much a difference Health and Armor would make on frames like Limbo, Hildryn, Baruuk, Loki, etc.

 

I can agree that +Shield seems a bit sketchy, kind of included solely for completeness-sake.

I would imagine that those who build for shield-tanking would either want a boost to health to survive toxin, would already have so much shielding that +150 more would be negligible, or would conversely be aiming for minimal shielding because they're shield-gating.

But I'm not that group of people, so maybe they would like it.

 

I also don't have too much to say on the Crimson buffs as a whole. It might be enough to save me a mod-slot on Lavos, that I could then use for more utility. But otherwise, meh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

I can agree that +Shield seems a bit sketchy, kind of included solely for completeness-sake.

 

+shield is useful on any shield-focused frame (especially frames that generate overshields).

Styanax, Protea, Hildryn, Mag, Volt to name a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Oh, good, you already know some of my stance xD

 

is somewhat as joke, as I've become a bit more of a Lavos main recently (Aka, Inaros with abilities).

 

But I can say that I'm particularly excited for going all-in on Health Regen, as that will better allow for a passive Gourmand-Grendel build. (Aka, Inaros that spends health to cast abilities).

Would also be nice to see how much a difference Health and Armor would make on frames like Limbo, Hildryn, Baruuk, Loki, etc.

 

I can agree that +Shield seems a bit sketchy, kind of included solely for completeness-sake.

I would imagine that those who build for shield-tanking would either want a boost to health to survive toxin, would already have so much shielding that +150 more would be negligible, or would conversely be aiming for minimal shielding because they're shield-gating.

But I'm not that group of people, so maybe they would like it.

 

I also don't have too much to say on the Crimson buffs as a whole. It might be enough to save me a mod-slot on Lavos, that I could then use for more utility. But otherwise, meh.

I never thought about health regen for gourmand grendel or despoil nekros thank you. 

I am confused why you mention health and armor on those frames. Hildryn shields is enough for survivability, baruuk already have a really good damage reduction ability, loki is invisible, and limbo if you properly uses his rift you will not be taking almost no damage. I can't if that statement meant to be a joke. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mathed it out and replacing Energize should be fine on my CC switch bomber Titania build which is my main build, It's effectively a 50% increase on Dex Pixia damage and a 55% increase on my switch bombing damage to swap Energize for Precision and will grow a bit more even if it turns out only 2-3 shard slots gets all of the energy I need so it's sort of huge for this build. 

Thats a crazy increase! I think I have minmaxed, optimized and squeezed every bit of performance I could get out of it and hit a wall until now!

Because it's a very low damage build I feel like it starts to slow down a bit vs. SP Grineer around 250, this will be extended a lot, past my endurance attention span maybe.

I already have a build where I do this and it's amazing but the CC build is too energy hungry to do it, shards are going to change that ^^ (unless they make it so you don't get the extra energy while channeling, lol)

On Protea I am just going to stack duration, which will make Blaze Turret far more vicious because of its duration based scaling and make grenade fan lower maintenance which is nice..

Honestly the impact of the shard system is probably not going to be that crazy on a lot of Warframes like Inaros getting a bit of extra health, while on other builds I am looking at it and it's like "okay yeah this opens up a double damage opportunity"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

+shield is useful on any shield-focused frame (especially frames that generate overshields).

Styanax, Protea, Hildryn, Mag, Volt to name a few.

If the frames can easily create overshields and regenerate high amount of shields than this bonus will be even more useless for them because the boost is so minimalistic compare to what they can already do and achieve. Mag, volt, protea, and styanax do not need to even run redirection because they already regen and create so much shields to the point that increase in shields is just redundant. Hildryn only need to run redirection so she can use her abilities often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I mathed it out and replacing Energize should be fine on my CC switch bomber Titania build which is my main build, It's effectively a 50% increase on Dex Pixia damage and a 125% increase on my switch bombing damage to swap Energize for Precision and will grow a bit more even if it turns out only 2-3 shard slots gets all of the energy I need so it's sort of huge for this build. 

On Protea I am just going to stack duration, which will make Blaze Turret far more vicious because of its duration based scaling and make grenade fan lower maintenance which is nice..

Honestly the impact of the shard system is probably not going to be that crazy on a lot of Warframes like Inaros getting a bit of extra health, while on other builds I am looking at it and it's like "okay yeah this opens up a double damage opportunity"

It take more shards than 2 or 3 to replace energize off the build. Especially because I do not know if you talking about the 50% energy orb effectiveness or 100% health orb effectiveness with equilibrium.  In order to replace arcane energize off the build I say you would need 5 to get 97.5 energy per energy orb which is a little over half of arcane energize but is 100% guarantee with no cooldown. So every 2 energy orb pick up equals roughly an arcane energize also it take roughly 2 energy orbs to get it to proc because it is a 60% chance so this end up equaling out. If you talking about health orb effectiveness with equilibrium then it will only take 2 or 3 as health orbs is more common than energy orb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

styanax do not need to even run redirection because they already regen and create so much shields to the point that increase in shields is just redundant

Styanax's passive is directly influenced by the amount of shields he has. He isn't the greatest example for what you're trying to say.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Hildryn only need to run redirection so she can use her abilities often.

Your logic is simply silly... None of the frames need the stats from archon shards.... We've been clearing all content with all frames for a very long time. To suggest that shield-frames not benefit from more shields is silly. Having a larger buffer of base shields is beneficial. Hildryn can cast more often, all of the other shield frames can utilize their gimmicks easier etc.

I mean.. Protea is one that benefits greatly from extra shields because her shield grenades stop working if/when her shields are depleted. Having more shields means it is harder for enemies to break through...

 

Shields + Adaptation can result in pretty tanky frames. More shields means a larger buffer for adaptation to do its thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I am confused why you mention health and armor on those frames. Hildryn shields is enough for survivability, baruuk already have a really good damage reduction ability, loki is invisible, and limbo if you properly uses his rift you will not be taking almost no damage. I can't if that statement meant to be a joke. 

Hildryn and Baruuk are susceptible to Toxin. I don't like that. +health and +armor help with that.

Loki and Limbo, "When Played Right", take little-to-no-damage. But I don't play "Right".

I'm an Inaros/Lavos/Grendel main for a reason. And that reason is that I don't like trusting my survivability to something that can be bypassed/nullified.

I'm not Correct or The Best for playing this way. It's just my way of playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Hildryn and Baruuk are susceptible to Toxin. I don't like that. +health and +armor help with that.

Loki and Limbo, "When Played Right", take little-to-no-damage. But I don't play "Right".

I'm an Inaros/Lavos/Grendel main for a reason. And that reason is that I don't like trusting my survivability to something that can be bypassed/nullified.

I'm not Correct or The Best for playing this way. It's just my way of playing.

As long as you don't abuse dragon keys to shield-gate all will be forgiven, my son.

Friday The 13Th Horror GIF by filmeditor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

Hildryn and Baruuk are susceptible to Toxin. I don't like that. +health and +armor help with that.

Loki and Limbo, "When Played Right", take little-to-no-damage. But I don't play "Right".

I'm an Inaros/Lavos/Grendel main for a reason. And that reason is that I don't like trusting my survivability to something that can be bypassed/nullified.

I'm not Correct or The Best for playing this way. It's just my way of playing.

Sorry I keep forgetting toxin damage exist honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

 

Styanax's passive is directly influenced by the amount of shields he has. He isn't the greatest example for what you're trying to say.

Your logic is simply silly... None of the frames need the stats from archon shards.... We've been clearing all content with all frames for a very long time. To suggest that shield-frames not benefit from more shields is silly. Having a larger buffer of base shields is beneficial. Hildryn can cast more often, all of the other shield frames can utilize their gimmicks easier etc.

I mean.. Protea is one that benefits greatly from extra shields because her shield grenades stop working if/when her shields are depleted. Having more shields means it is harder for enemies to break through...

 

Shields + Adaptation can result in pretty tanky frames. More shields means a larger buffer for adaptation to do its thing.

Styanax passive is just mid because it just additive with crit chance mods and the bonus takes too much to get it near 100%. Also yes more shields equal more survivability but utility is more important if you already have survivability equipped on Warframes. Spreading your buffs provide more of a use than try to put everything in one stat aka your case shields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...