Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Shards

(XBOX)UltraMagnus5000

1 minute ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Styanax passive is just mid because it just additive with crit chance mods and the bonus takes too much to get it near 100%. Also yes more shields equal more survivability but utility is more important if you already have survivability equipped on Warframes. Spreading your buffs provide more of a use than try to put everything in one stat aka your case shields.

I don't disagree with you but the point remains, there is definitely a benefit to using the +shields archon passive and many players will utilize this. 

The Styanax passive isn't terribly hard to maintain btw. His 3 paired with subsumed pillage makes him ridiculously tanky (overkill IMO). 5 +shield archon shards would buffer his shield pool while also giving him an extra 18.75% crit chance (not much but its an aside, and also doubled for spearguns which... who really gives AF about spearguns but there you have it). 

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I don't disagree with you but the point remains, there is definitely a benefit to using the +shields archon passive and many players will utilize this. 

The Styanax passive isn't terribly hard to maintain btw. His 3 paired with subsumed pillage makes him ridiculously tanky (overkill IMO). 5 +shield archon shards would buffer his shield pool while also giving him an extra 18.75% crit chance (not much but its an aside, and also doubled for spearguns which... who really gives AF about spearguns but there you have it). 

Still do not see the point in the +shields archon. You even somewhat contradict yourself when you mention how it can affect styanax. Saying the increase in crit chance is not much and even if it is double for spearguns no one will use or care about spearguns especially for damage. 

Shield builds are decent for some frames but this survivability method is by far the worse one when it comes to most frames so I highly doubt many people going to utilize it. Shields base damage reduction can not be improved. Health you can increase the base damage reduction with more armor value. Also health regen is not lock behind certain abilities as you can use operator, healing return, life strike, hunter recovery panzer, amalgam daikyu mod, and molt reconstruct. 

3 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

for me the plan is 1 armor, 2 casting speeds, 1 parkour velocity, and one hp on limbo

I am a little confuse about the hp because I feel like vitality should be enough also if you can't fit vitality than I do not think one of these shards are enough to help you. Everything else is understandable

1 minute ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Still do not see the point in the +shields archon. You even somewhat contradict yourself when you mention how it can affect styanax. Saying the increase in crit chance is not much and even if it is double for spearguns no one will use or care about spearguns especially for damage. 

Shield builds are decent for some frames but this survivability method is by far the worse one when it comes to most frames so I highly doubt many people going to utilize it. Shields base damage reduction can not be improved. Health you can increase the base damage reduction with more armor value. Also health regen is not lock behind certain abilities as you can use operator, healing return, life strike, hunter recovery panzer, amalgam daikyu mod, and molt reconstruct. 

It isn't for you, but that doesn't make it less beneficial than it is...

You're fine to have the opinion you do but the facts are the facts. More shields has a use on a number of frames.

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Adaptation can reduce damage to shields though.

I knew you would say this. I honestly hate people who use a lot of shields say adaptation plus all these shields make you really tanky. On frames with base kit that regenerate shields I see it fine but people who use redirection with adaptation on frames like banshee for example instead of vitality are out of their minds. Having higher base damage reduction is good so you will take less damage to better help adaptation to stack. Also enemies like bombard not being common, do high damage, and having a slow fire rate weapon can provide a counter to adaptation as by the time that enemy respawn, all your blast stacks will be gone and it will just one shot your shields. Being able to increase the base damage reduction you will be able to tank bombards hits better and that is why armor is better than shields.

I know you view my statement of the +shield archon as a opinion, but I view it as an undeniable fact that it have no place in the game besides what you mention of Styanax meh passive. Also to be honest even on hildryn it is not even good because hildryn have so many shields that it barely makes a difference. My hildryn setup only have redirection with no blazing pillage or primed vigor and I have blind rage and I was still able to sustain by shields in Steel Path Survival well. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

It take more shards than 2 or 3 to replace energize off the build. Especially because I do not know if you talking about the 50% energy orb effectiveness or 100% health orb effectiveness with equilibrium.  In order to replace arcane energize off the build I say you would need 5 to get 97.5 energy per energy orb which is a little over half of arcane energize but is 100% guarantee with no cooldown. So every 2 energy orb pick up equals roughly an arcane energize also it take roughly 2 energy orbs to get it to proc because it is a 60% chance so this end up equaling out. If you talking about health orb effectiveness with equilibrium then it will only take 2 or 3 as health orbs is more common than energy orb.

It definitely will work with 3 or work with 2 if Tauforged but I will test that later when we get there. Energize over does it and produces more than that build really needs, but energize is sort of an all or nothing solution whereas the shards can be stacked per each Warframe to an appropriate level which is nice! 

Remember that while 2 or 3 isn't equivalent to Energize, basically a lot of builds don't need the full effect to run a surplus ^^

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Then I guess it is probably a waste of time for us to continue discussing this.

I'll just return to

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

I know you say you done but I give you more of a reason why +shields archon is useless. People who uses shields instead of health for survivability will accidently/unknowingly somewhat abuse shield-gating as they will constantly make sure their shields up so they can survive giving them 0.33 or 1.33 seconds of i-frames if enemies destroy their shields which make +shields even more useless as they will already have something to catch their fall if their shields go down or depleted by a bombard or naplam. 

9 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

It definitely will work with 3 or work with 2 if Tauforged but I will test that later when we get there. Energize over does it and produces more than that build really needs, but energize is sort of an all or nothing solution whereas the shards can be stacked per each Warframe to an appropriate level which is nice! 

Remember that while 2 or 3 isn't equivalent to Energize, basically a lot of builds don't need the full effect to run a surplus ^^ 

Yeah it mainly depends how often you cast your abilities and how much efficiency you have will depend how much you will need.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Azurite Archon Shard 

These buffs are kinda disappointing to me as a shield-gating player but when I look in the perspective of people who uses armor the only thing I see useful is the armor. Health is already easy to fit in a build, shield capacity is useless as shields are less durable than health, the energy max is just alright, and health regeneration is just too low for some frames plus there are a lot of ways you can heal already. The only time I see this archon shard shine is the health regeneration on Garuda as she now can spam bloodletting without needing a healing ability or using molt reconstruct. 

Crimson Archon Shard 

Unlike azurite archon shard where the buffs can provide a use on any setups, this shard most of the buffs are for very specific setups. Melee get crit damage, primary get status chance, and secondary get crit chance. Most people do not lock themselves to one weapon for a frame, the only time people do that if it is an exalted weapon Warframe. So off the bat 3 of these buffs are situational and almost no one will use. If these buffs were universal to all weapons people will actually will want to use these. The ability duration buff is just alright. But the best thing from this shard will be the ability strength bonus as it can help you hit certain thresholds with abilities without using 2 or 3 ability strength mods. An example is terrify and avalanche only need umbral intensify with 3 archon shards or 2 if one of them is a tauforged. 

Amber Archon Shard 

In my opinion all of the buff from this shard is useful. The first buff you can get is a mini preparation which will be good for something like thermal sunder titania for void fissures or sevagoth shadow. Health orb effectiveness with equilibrium or energy orb effectiveness can be good to help sustain energy. The casting speed is just good to have only any and every frame. Having two of these shards can easily replace natural talent. Lastly parkour velocity is nice to have to travel faster. If these shard do become tradeable I feel like this one is going to have the highest value but that is just my opinion based on how I played but we all know Inaros mains will disagree and say azurite is the best. 

4th Archon Talk

When it comes to archons, I wonder what the 4th archon will do or give. DE never stated about this one being in the rotation or when or where you be fighting this one. If they did they most likely said the Kahl missions. If the last Archon do not drop anything it will be a bit of a disappointment in my opinion. I want to at least have a chance to drop the Archon mods so you do not have to waste your valuable Kahl's points/syndicate on them as it is only weekly and not daily. 

What will you use your Archon Shards for? 

I know for all my frames I am going to use 2 ambers so I can get rid of natural talent. But accomplishing this will take a long time so I am going start with my favorite frame, Excalibur. For him I am going to 3 amber: 2 are casting speed and 1 health orb effectiveness (to be paired with equilibrium on my build). The other two is going to be ability strength, one will be tauforged if I can't get a tauforged then I will drop health orb effectiveness now for another crimson shard. This build will help me full strip with terrify and able to drop augur secrets and natural talent for archon vitality and augur reach or stretch. As of right now the azurite shard I got I put it on Garuda as explained earlier in this post. But anyways I wonder what everyone is going to do with their archon shards, even though I feel like I already explained how most of these going to be used but I am still interested as some people can be different and have unique builds or setup.

The health orb buff is going to be so op from dispensary.

You literally will be getting 200-600 energy (depending on the amount of shards) every 5 seconds and this isn't even counting the tauforged shards.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

The health orb buff is going to be so op from dispensary.

You literally will be getting 200-600 energy (depending on the amount of shards) every 5 seconds and this isn't even counting the tauforged shards.

Oh yeah that will be insane this will guarantee replace arcane energize but you will have to lose a mod slot for equilibrium it more depends if the player rather sacrifice a mod slot for a arcane slot. Also it depends if the player do not prefer another helminth ability as well.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Oh yeah that will be insane this will guarantee replace arcane energize but you will have to lose a mod slot for equilibrium it more depends if the player rather sacrifice a mod slot for a arcane slot. Also it depends if the player do not prefer another helminth ability as well.

Another thing is you could slot in the energy orbs (for an extra 250% effectiveness) and then you don't need Synth Fiber or combat discipline but you still get 85+ energy every 5 seconds along with a guaranteed 85 energy every time an enemy drops and orb (which energize cannot do because it has a cooldown and a 60% proc chance).

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

I know you say you done but I give you more of a reason why +shields archon is useless. People who uses shields instead of health for survivability will accidently/unknowingly somewhat abuse shield-gating as they will constantly make sure their shields up so they can survive giving them 0.33 or 1.33 seconds of i-frames if enemies destroy their shields which make +shields even more useless as they will already have something to catch their fall if their shields go down or depleted by a bombard or naplam. 

+Shields is only useful if you use Hildryn and maybe Harrow.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Azurite Archon Shard 

These buffs are kinda disappointing to me as a shield-gating player but when I look in the perspective of people who uses armor the only thing I see useful is the armor. Health is already easy to fit in a build, shield capacity is useless as shields are less durable than health, the energy max is just alright, and health regeneration is just too low for some frames plus there are a lot of ways you can heal already. The only time I see this archon shard shine is the health regeneration on Garuda as she now can spam bloodletting without needing a healing ability or using molt reconstruct. 

Crimson Archon Shard 

Unlike azurite archon shard where the buffs can provide a use on any setups, this shard most of the buffs are for very specific setups. Melee get crit damage, primary get status chance, and secondary get crit chance. Most people do not lock themselves to one weapon for a frame, the only time people do that if it is an exalted weapon Warframe. So off the bat 3 of these buffs are situational and almost no one will use. If these buffs were universal to all weapons people will actually will want to use these. The ability duration buff is just alright. But the best thing from this shard will be the ability strength bonus as it can help you hit certain thresholds with abilities without using 2 or 3 ability strength mods. An example is terrify and avalanche only need umbral intensify with 3 archon shards or 2 if one of them is a tauforged. 

Amber Archon Shard 

In my opinion all of the buff from this shard is useful. The first buff you can get is a mini preparation which will be good for something like thermal sunder titania for void fissures or sevagoth shadow. Health orb effectiveness with equilibrium or energy orb effectiveness can be good to help sustain energy. The casting speed is just good to have only any and every frame. Having two of these shards can easily replace natural talent. Lastly parkour velocity is nice to have to travel faster. If these shard do become tradeable I feel like this one is going to have the highest value but that is just my opinion based on how I played but we all know Inaros mains will disagree and say azurite is the best. 

4th Archon Talk

When it comes to archons, I wonder what the 4th archon will do or give. DE never stated about this one being in the rotation or when or where you be fighting this one. If they did they most likely said the Kahl missions. If the last Archon do not drop anything it will be a bit of a disappointment in my opinion. I want to at least have a chance to drop the Archon mods so you do not have to waste your valuable Kahl's points/syndicate on them as it is only weekly and not daily. 

What will you use your Archon Shards for? 

I know for all my frames I am going to use 2 ambers so I can get rid of natural talent. But accomplishing this will take a long time so I am going start with my favorite frame, Excalibur. For him I am going to 3 amber: 2 are casting speed and 1 health orb effectiveness (to be paired with equilibrium on my build). The other two is going to be ability strength, one will be tauforged if I can't get a tauforged then I will drop health orb effectiveness now for another crimson shard. This build will help me full strip with terrify and able to drop augur secrets and natural talent for archon vitality and augur reach or stretch. As of right now the azurite shard I got I put it on Garuda as explained earlier in this post. But anyways I wonder what everyone is going to do with their archon shards, even though I feel like I already explained how most of these going to be used but I am still interested as some people can be different and have unique builds or setup.

The beauty of Warframe is it's ability to offer a "meh" something for you but an "AWESOME" thing for me, and vice versa. I've learned to not express what's better or worse because I've seen players use builds that I would not even think of. My favorite is still the guy who used the elemental damage reduction mods (like warm coat) and thrived for two hours very easily in SP. It's very easy to fall into a group and declare "this is the way" while DE prefers to challenge the curious and experimentalists. 

All of that said, I think the shards are insanely good across the board. One +150 health shard may not seem good until the multipliers kick in and multiple health shards are used. Another is shield boosts that would turn a maxed shield modded Rhino Prime into million armor frame after using the Parasitic armor ability combined with 1's augment. The possibilities are left to the researchers so I'd be cautious to list what isn't worth it.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

In the beginning of the post I literally stated I was a shield-gating player so that affects how I play. Also bloodletting if you are not at 50% of your hp then it will just take away the rest of your health. For example if you at 10 hp you will still get back the same amount of energy back and drop down to 2 hp. If you keep regening 1 hp every second it means you can use bloodletting every second.

That isnt true for Garuda. Energy gained is based on missing health. You first drain will give you full, your next will also (almost), after that you need to get back to a point that allows you to fill your energy in a cast, which is based on your efficiency pretty much. If you constantly sit sub 100HP it wont really translate to much energy in any build, since it is still a small percentage of your health pool and so a small percentage of half your pool aswell.

Say you have 1k HP, draining at 100HP means you have a 20% efficiency only, since 100 HP is 20% out of half your health, which is the minimal threshold needed to gain full energy benefit from a cast.

Archived