An alternative to weekly timegates would be nice.

Aceofgods

Rather than awarding a shard on every hunt, tie the guaranteed shard from Archons to the Archon Hunt 'sortie', but add a color-coded fractured crystal or something similar to the Archons themselves. Combining, say, 50 of these at Kahl's Garrison would allow you to obtain the colored shard of that week, while exchanging 200-500 would allow you to obtain a Tauforged of that week's color.

This allows a player to rerun the mission as they please for a fraction of the reward, without the fear of a player obtaining too many too quickly. The only people who are going to run this mission 50 times for a normal shard will be the ones who enjoy the content and have the free time to do so, while everyone else can enjoy the game at their own pace without the fear of missing out.

Since everyone seems so adamant about the weekly timegate, the Archon Hunt will remain the most efficient way to gather the Shards, while the hardcore players will have the engaging grind and endgame content they continue to ask for.

If anybody has additional feedback on the idea, I would love to hear it here, whether you would make an alteration or what you think of my suggestion.

• Like 5

what about a different angle? like being able to unlock more Archon runs via some other Content in the game.

so you'd get one run a Week for 'free', and you can get maybe a couple more per Week if you're playing heavily. helps keep you having a reason to login and play even after getting the first one.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 5

I am not against the core idea. But once you put the 50 runs for a shard in the game people will en masse whine and complain that it is way too grindy and that it needs to be nerfed.

Edited by Frendh
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

If only there was a way to get an additional shard a week by putting in some work. Maybe if there was a thing related to Kahl...

Reveal hidden contents

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

True, there is the option of using Kahl's Garrison shop with Chipper to buy one shard for 90 of the 105 Stock that we obtain each week from the challenges.

I suppose we don't really need the 3 new weapons, and they did give most people the Styanax Warframe for free. Anyone who comes late to the party after the 21st will just have to bite the bullet and spend 2 weeks to make the Warframe instead of getting shards... 4 weeks if they have the audacity to feed him to Helminth, because nobody should be doing other content anyways.

Oh, there's also the option of paying plat for the new weapons, even if we can't buy Styanax outside of the Garrison shop. Could even pay USD$30 for the weapon pack in the market.

The new Archon Mods are nice, but I suppose they can wait a few years while we buy the weekly Archon Shard instead. I mean, those are tradeable even if they aren't transmutable anymore, so people like you who don't engage with the shard system at all can sell the Archon Mods and make a killing instead. Everything works out. :D

• Like 6

I believe the valuable feedback is simply the pushback against a single weekly RNG drop. Giving a specific solution is less important and muddles the feedback in my opinion.

I don't fully like your solution, but I agree with your basic premise at least. There should be more shards available, and farming is part of the game I like.

• Like 2

On 2022-09-13 at 8:56 PM, Aceofgods said:

Rather than awarding a shard on every hunt, tie the guaranteed shard from Archons to the Archon Hunt 'sortie', but add a color-coded fractured crystal or something similar to the Archons themselves. Combining, say, 50 of these at Kahl's Garrison would allow you to obtain the colored shard of that week, while exchanging 200-500 would allow you to obtain a Tauforged of that week's color.

This allows a player to rerun the mission as they please for a fraction of the reward, without the fear of a player obtaining too many too quickly. The only people who are going to run this mission 50 times for a normal shard will be the ones who enjoy the content and have the free time to do so, while everyone else can enjoy the game at their own pace without the fear of missing out.

Since everyone seems so adamant about the weekly timegate, the Archon Hunt will remain the most efficient way to gather the Shards, while the hardcore players will have the engaging grind and endgame content they continue to ask for.

If anybody has additional feedback on the idea, I would love to hear it here, whether you would make an alteration or what you think of my suggestion.

Idk if y'all did the math for the  amount of just waiting it's like a month just too get max rank with KALH. And at 2 shards a week it's over 50 MONTHS after that too get shards for every frame. Years of waiting. Not even playing the game 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (XBOX)DextrousMars29 said:

Idk if y'all did the math for the  amount of just waiting it's like a month just too get max rank with KALH. And at 2 shards a week it's over 50 MONTHS after that too get shards for every frame. 

LMAO, it will take far more than that. During the 50 months, you'll have more than 10 additionnal warframes, which requires 50 shards, and during the farm of the 50 shards, other warframes will come out, etc etc etc...

In the end, it'll take like 5+ years to be able to get shards before another warframe comes out.

I don't agree with you idea, simply because I don't think it will be healthy for the game to have a lot of shards quickly (by quickly I mean like 5+ a week). I think the purpose of this mechanic is to 1) try new builds that were not viable before these and 2) make your favorite warframe more tanky/powerful.

Sure, I would love to have as many shards as I want to experiment, but it's not the goal of these shards imo

10 hours ago, (XBOX)DextrousMars29 said:

Years of waiting. Not even playing the game 

Years of waiting yeah. What about the time it take :
- To max out every Syndicate ?
- To get enough Umbra Formas ?
- To get every Lich/Sister weapons at 60% ?
- To subsume all warframes without spending plat ?

Everything in this game take a lot of time, so it doesn't surprise me, and I don't think it's a problem

Edited by fabi-fly
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I'd rather keep the timegates than use your proposed system. 200 archon hunts for 1 tauforged? I'll just wait the timegates out and enjoy my free time.

The numbers in the initial post are intentionally inflated. This is to allow for things like Resource boosters, Kavat Charm, or even making them drop a range value of the currency instead of 1 per kill. It's also made to look more desirable to DE since they seem to dislike us having the things we want to have, like fun or ammo.

36 minutes ago, Aceofgods said:

The numbers in the initial post are intentionally inflated. This is to allow for things like Resource boosters, Kavat Charm, or even making them drop a range value of the currency instead of 1 per kill. It's also made to look more desirable to DE since they seem to dislike us having the things we want to have, like fun or ammo.

I would rather them just remove tauforged shards entirely, and make slotting/removing shards not cost resources. So people can do what warframe is famed for, experiment with builds their own way and have the freedom to customize without incurring the ridiculous helminth resource cost they tacked on to try and nickle and dime us.

Honestly the time gate is garbage. The tauforged rng is garbage. The slotting system is garbage. The whole system is designed to put you on this S#&$ty treadmill that DE thinks will buy them upticks in population. Meanwhile I wait for DE to realize what the players figured out in about half a second, layering of lottery systems coupled with immense timegating and then hindering build experimentation by taxing our resources is just stupid and doesn't leave the player feeling good. The real question here is how long it takes. We all knew it needed to happen with liches, and that one took forever.

If you couldn't tell, I'm frustrated because DE always does this, its just a further push on players. They love to push us harder each patch. I apologize if it seems like I'm hostile towards you, I'm not.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1