Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you describe the current state of the game?

--EC--Adrenaline

I've been away for more than one year and half, only redownloaded the game to play the new war story update didn't bother to read on rest of updates

On my clan's discord server barely anyone plays warframe anymore so no one talks about what's up

Anything new? Like new/reworked mechanics or modes or anything actually fun or the usual rng based farm?

I keep thinking about starting playing again considering how much time and money I've spent on this game but if it's the same as before I don't think I'd last a week before quitting again

Feels better than in a long time imo. Balance changes to ammo/AoE, Steel Path Fissures, new itemization in the shape of Archon Shards, Wukong clone nerfs, more upcoming new content this week that uses Kahl the grineer guy and so on, fun new free frame with Styanax and so on. Oh and veiled rivens no longer take up riven slots until you place them in a weapon to see how to unveil them.

It's not bad all in all. Certainly better than it was a year ago. Still flawed, but I like the direction the "new" team is stirring tge game into.

They reworked Operator and Eximus units about half a year ago, they just updated the ammo system, and as far as I can see are trying to balance the game with more dedication than before.

That being said the issues with the core game systems (like fundamental prevalence of DPS frames over anything else, or lack of balance among the damage types and more) still remain.

P.S. Uhh yes, forgot to mention, it's trendy right now to whine about how DE killed ammo/Wukong/AoE in the recent update, the usual stuff.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb --EC--Adrenaline:

I've been away for more than one year and half, only redownloaded the game to play the new war story update didn't bother to read on rest of updates

On my clan's discord server barely anyone plays warframe anymore so no one talks about what's up

Anything new? Like new/reworked mechanics or modes or anything actually fun or the usual rng based farm?

I keep thinking about starting playing again considering how much time and money I've spent on this game but if it's the same as before I don't think I'd last a week before quitting again

miserable and no improvement in sight. 🙄

there are extremely good games at the moment and the competition is deadly.
the battle was lost at the time. because other developers have recognized the potential of loot games and have worked very effectively in that direction.
I can name extremely good games, but advertising is supposedly undesirable here. but it's actually no secret.

Great ammo changes, finally getting a reason to use a full loadout.

Fixed the AoE weapons that were too much for a full squad, took away the headshot damage from explosions but kept it as an actual headshot if you hit the enemies on the head. 

Single target weapons are in a good state, even got triple the amount of damage from headshot.

Melee is no longer the bread and butter of the game, finally. 

Changed Void dash in void sling that is literally the same, the only difference is the animation. 

They made the Tenno abilities useful with stuff that actualy gives you a reason to pop out of your frame. reworked most of the old ones and new abilities implemented.

Wukong finally fixed. Bye bye to endless lobby of people all using an AoE weapon with the clone doing all the work for them. The clone now uses your own ammo, meaning that he can finish the ammo and stop shooting. Buffed his stick making it finally a good weapon but most wukong mains don't look at that because "MU AFK FREIM". 

a new "open world" (it's really a big spaceship) with 3 new game modes that are all fun.

And the latest stuff...they added a new mode where you use a Grineer in place of your frame, less "power fantasy", more "classic fps".

oh, and a new "type" of weapons that change form. 

a single shot rifle that becomes a gatling gun, a pistol that becomes quite the strong assoult rifle with a small AoE, tonfas that get more slashy, a shotgun that if i remember correctly morphs into a full auto shotgun (may be wrong here) and a dagger that becomes a sword but keeps the dagger stance

(and a few new weapons but these are more...unique than usual)

somewhat middling but still looking forward to more content.

recent ammo changes were an alright change but some weapons, those that were meta and some that weren't were hit a bit too hard. akarius for example.

ammo dropped from enemies are now just "primary" and "secondary" ammo. no more shotgun sniper rifle pistol ammo. some weapons were given an "ammo pickup override" which reduces the amount of ammo they'll pick up. additionally, the Merciless weapon arcanes no longer grant extra ammo. a bit harsh combining all 3 if you ask me.

wukong's celestial twin and I believe equinox duality & excal umbra sentience were nerfed. wukong's in particular got a 50% damage nerf (marking targets will still let the clone do full damage). ability spectres now also consume your ammo to "promote active gameplay". personally feel that ruins the fluidity of the ability. wk players in my experience weren't really afk to begin with.

other than that we got our 50th frame for free by just logging in, suggest you do that if you haven't, Styanax is quite a solid frame unlike the recent underwhelming releases (cacaliban, yareli) we got essentially Sortie 2 (same rewards even, LOL), where we fight Archons, a new big bad. they drop Archon Shards which can be used to increase a Warframe's stats (str, armor, energy cap, etc). we can have 5 at a time equipped. these sorties will only happen once a week. community is mixed but leaning towards positive about it due to Damage Attenuation. i personally don't really care (apart from the shards), just wish it had like, better rewards.

soon we will be able to play as a Grineer, Kahl-175. the missions will come out this week. I believe the main premise of the missions are to free Kahl's fellow grineer and some unfortunate corpus from the Sentients. Don't know how enjoyable it'll be in the long run but we'll see 

You are asking this question during a time of uproar in the community, as DE has finally nerfed a meta that has divided the community for about a full year, so take anything you see here with some salt. My personal take is that Warframe hasn't drastically changed much, but we've gotten higher quality updates (although the bugs are always there), more player-friendly systems, and it seems like DE is now looking towards making some more changes to create a balanced and engaging gameplay experience. Warframe is doing well so far, even if some parts of the community would say otherwise.

The DE needed to fix the one-button AoE dominance so changed the ammo system on all weapons (yes I said all, including non-AoE weapons).
now some obsolete early game weapons became more obsolete and problematic to modify.

Will the DE be able to reverse this?
Will the DE be able to fix the AoE without touching non-AoE weapons?

to be continued.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb ant99999:

P.S. Uhh yes, forgot to mention, it's trendy right now to whine about how DE killed ammo/Wukong/AoE in the recent update, the usual stuff.

Do what is right. Not what is popular :P

But yeah, i would agree, there were some nice changes, especially the operator stuff which makes the operator himself more viable to use, especially madurai - new viable arcanes for frame and operator exist now, too. 

for example OP, If you main a more squishy frame like me and certain units created problems for you you now can literally mow down that enemy with your amp and your 2 new abilities from Madurai (yes, operator also now have 2 abilities :D)

it still feels a little like a transitioning Phase but I would argue that there is enough new content that would at least spark your Attention for over a week If you were away for that long x) the new Kahl Content also drops in about 1 and a half hour which seems to also become a weekly thing now.

If I understood correctly then duviri will also release somewhere this year so maybe you will even be busy until that update comes out which will be even more content (and completely new mechanics as well)

I mean it's still kind of a farming simulator If you grind for the new arcanes but imo the new zariman content is fun x) If you thought about it already then maybe just give it a try :D the new (and currently free) frame previously mentioned is also pretty balanced and viable :D

Mediocre, but not because of drastic changes. It's because the core gameplay mechanics haven't really been touched in 9 years. A lot of guns still feel mediocre, the animations haven't been touched at all in 10 years, a lot of melee stances are very rigid with awkward pauses, the sound design of gunfire and explosions leaves much to be desired, a lot of tilesets need visual overhauls like the Earth tileset got, and the AI behavior is forgettable. I want all of that improved. Just my opinion.

I like the overall changes so far, missions feel much less dull, enemies have some priority to them and a little bit of distinction between Eximus units, it feels so much healthier. 

It's great to have game modes expanding into higher level offerings and I am very reassured by how much love the new team is putting in to connecting with players and working to give them thing they want (was I dreaming last night or did the game give me a survey on logout by the way?). Steel Path fissures alone are giving me a reason to log in and play instead of staring listlessly at a selection of level 20 offerings ^^

I am just feeling more into Warframe now.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Feels better than in a long time imo. Balance changes to ammo/AoE, Steel Path Fissures, new itemization in the shape of Archon Shards, Wukong clone nerfs, more upcoming new content this week that uses Kahl the grineer guy and so on, fun new free frame with Styanax and so on. Oh and veiled rivens no longer take up riven slots until you place them in a weapon to see how to unveil them.

i was going to comment, but your comment already perfecly representwhat i was thinking, so, here's an upvote and a quote, along with a 👍

Thank you all for the updates :D

Wow didn't expect that many changes to be honest, I also heard that there's a new team or new leadership for the game which is good, from what i remember the game really needed a breath of fresh air

Doesn't sound like the usual content so I might as well jump in when I can make time

Also the nerfs were needed I'd say especially aoe, there really wasn't any challenge because of it and running a mission with a random who clears the room you're in and the next with a single button wasn't fun

5 minutes ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

Thank you all for the updates :D

Wow didn't expect that many changes to be honest, I also heard that there's a new team or new leadership for the game which is good, from what i remember the game really needed a breath of fresh air

Doesn't sound like the usual content so I might as well jump in when I can make time

Also the nerfs were needed I'd say especially aoe, there really wasn't any challenge because of it and running a mission with a random who clears the room you're in and the next with a single button wasn't fun

Yep, Rebb has taken over Steve's duty and Pablo is in Scott's (?) position. So far Angels of Zariman and this latest update are the two where Rebb has been in charge, and both have imo been fantastic, so my confidence in the current team setup is good.

I like it, improvements I'd day. Eximus are easily visible, they all glow like MFs. All the eximus got anti CC armor, so the games engaging because can't just turn off every enemies AI. Wuclone was nerfed, all the crying is very amusing. Ammo was, I haven't run out of ammo yet but ammunition pickups was changed, people are crying about that too and I find it amusing. They nerfed AoE a *tiny little bit* and people are crying. Headshots have been buffed. Hmm

I'm liking how things are going tbh

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

1 hour ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

i was going to comment, but your comment already perfecly represent what i was thinking

same. also the changes to armor strip ability's has helped alot, i dont find my self needing to spam what ever explosive weapon im using because 99.9% of the time every enemy is completely armor striped or has no shields.   

Archived