Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Video) As a Banshee main, I get a lot of questions about how (and why) I use her in high level missions. I like making videos, so I finally put together a video for high level Banshee :)

Huggalump

I used to make these long ass videos that explained everything, but that's exhausting and I don't feel like putting that much time into a video anymore. Plus, Banshee's been my main for a couple years now so there's just way too much nuance to explain in a video. 

Instead, I decided to make it short and sweet, then explain the boring details in captions under the images in Imgur here: https://imgur.com/gallery/5NfQxBN

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Also /respect for not cheesing keygate with her.  Umbra Banshees represent.  (I do use Rolling instead of Adaptation though, and I jump around a lot, so there is some shield gating going on.)

Haha yeah I put those Umbra Forma on her real early and I thought it was dumb when I did it. But I figured when you got a main, you gotta make it official.

A year or so later, I have no regrets. It was a good move. 

And I wish I could like Rolling Guard, but I use rolls so often just in my basic mobility, so it's just constantly on cooldown for me 

7 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

Way back in the day, it used to be Banshee + Amprex because the chain effect would auto-target weakspots haha. I wonder if it still does that....

I don't think so, but Amprex is still awesome on her.  Electric (or gas) procs do benefit from Sonar's multipliers when they hit the weakspots.  And Amprex is juicy in general.

47 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

Way back in the day, it used to be Banshee + Amprex because the chain effect would auto-target weakspots haha. I wonder if it still does that....

It doesn't, but the Arca Plasmors projectile is so large it almost always hits the weakspot, so resonance procs almost every single hit, which ends up hitting ridiculous damage values

On 2022-09-14 at 4:13 PM, (PSN)Les-shrooms said:

Adaptation and vitality for high level, there is something wrong here

It's not adaptation and vitality.

It's adaptation, vitality, and 1200 additional armor. That armor massively increases the value of the health and damage reduction. I notice a huge difference in survivability when the armor falls off.

In fact, in the clip where I fall at the start, It happens because I got hit the second the armor fall off. You can see me surviving fine, then the buff falls off, then instantly downed. 

I have said to myself "ppl talk about they love the challenge in sp, but if they really wanted a challenge they would not use a frame that has survivability abilities and use a frame like Banshee" You are the only one that uses Banshee coz she's weak (interms of survivability) and it seems you like that challenge, you are the only one I've seen that wants a real challenge by using a weak frame (and this is coming from someone that don`t like sp) You generally want a challenge so I commend you for that.

I have the opinion that Banshee needs a revisit, since you a Banshee main I would like to know your opinion on my revisit to Banshee, please take a look and tell me what you think.

I also like Banshee I like the concept of a sound warframe, to me it could play into stealth gameplay (visually she looks like a stealthy character) and she has the potential to be really good and I think my revisit does just that.

Banshee

Spoiler

NEW Passive: Depending on the level of noise in the environment will determine the weapons and abilities performance.

·       There is a sound indicator showing the volume level of noise.

·       If there is no sound, weapons will be silenced.

·       If there is noise in the environment, her ability strength will increase based on the level of noise.

·       Sounds that Banshee makes does not add to the volume gauge.

1st ability:

·       Enemies hit will receive a 30% slower knockdown recovery.

·       Enemies that hit a hard surface will take more damage.

·       It can reflect projectile weapons back at enemies.

·       Can be used on the move.

·       Can break breakable objects.

2nd ability:

·       (Synergy) Enemies affected take increase damage from her 1st and 4th ability.

3rd ability:

·       Enemies will notice you within a 10m of their vision.

·       Enemies will have a slower reaction time when noticing you (if you stand in front of them it will take them 3 seconds until they react to your presents)

·       If you hold the ability, you can control how far the ability reaches based on how much range it has.

·       Show the radius of the ability.

·       Put an indicator above enemies’ head to show how quickly they will be alerted by seeing you. (like stealth games)

·       If enemies are alerted, casting this ability will revert them back to being un-alerted however they will still be alerted if the alarms are on or if you are in their sights.

·       Remove muffled sound.

·       (Synergy) If you use after casting the 2nd ability, you can see enemies through walls. It will also give you 4.0 punch-through on weapons. (can be increased by strength mods)

4th Ability:

·       Enemies will be suspended in the air.

·       After being cast, you can now move around while active.

·       It drains 6 energy a second.

·       After deactivation, enemies will have their damage reduced by 80%.

·       (Synergy) because this makes continues noise, the volume gauge will be at its highest as long as the ability is active

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-20 at 10:09 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

3rd ability:

Hide contents

NEW Passive: Depending on the level of noise in the environment will determine the weapons and abilities performance.

·       If there is noise in the environment, her ability strength will increase based on the level of noise.

1st ability:

2nd ability:

·       (Synergy) Enemies affected take increase damage from her 1st and 4th ability.

3rd ability:

·       Enemies will have a slower reaction time when noticing you (if you stand in front of them it will take them 3 seconds until they react to your presents)

·       If you hold the ability, you can control how far the ability reaches based on how much range it has.

·       Put an indicator above enemies’ head to show how quickly they will be alerted by seeing you. (like stealth games)

·       If enemies are alerted, casting this ability will revert them back to being un-alerted however they will still be alerted if the alarms are on or if you are in their sights.

·       (Synergy) If you use after casting the 2nd ability, you can see enemies through walls. It will also give you 4.0 punch-through on weapons. (can be increased by strength mods)

4th Ability:

·       (Synergy) because this makes continues noise, the volume gauge will be at its highest as long as the ability is active

I'm FOR it haha

On 2022-09-20 at 10:09 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I have said to myself "ppl talk about they love the challenge in sp, but if they really wanted a challenge they would not use a frame that has survivability abilities and use a frame like Banshee" You are the only one that uses Banshee coz she's weak (interms of survivability) and it seems you like that challenge, you are the only one I've seen that wants a real challenge by using a weak frame (and this is coming from someone that don`t like sp) You generally want a challenge so I commend you for that.

I have the opinion that Banshee needs a revisit, since you a Banshee main I would like to know your opinion on my revisit to Banshee, please take a look and tell me what you think.

I also like Banshee I like the concept of a sound warframe, to me it could play into stealth gameplay (visually she looks like a stealthy character) and she has the potential to be really good and I think my revisit does just that.

Banshee

Reveal hidden contents

1st ability:

2nd ability:

3rd ability:

4th Ability:

But to give a more nuanced answer, I'm not of the opinion that she needs a rework. Would it be nice? Sure. But 3 of her abilities serve a decent purpose on top of being fairly unique. Her 4th is garbage. When it's good, it's passive to play. When it's bad, it's actively harmful to use. But now with the helminth system, even having 1 bad ability isn't a problem  haha

14 hours ago, Huggalump said:

But to give a more nuanced answer, I'm not of the opinion that she needs a rework. Would it be nice? Sure. But 3 of her abilities serve a decent purpose on top of being fairly unique. Her 4th is garbage. When it's good, it's passive to play. When it's bad, it's actively harmful to use. But now with the helminth system, even having 1 bad ability isn't a problem  haha

And that comment right their is why I don`t like the helminth system, I have that opinion that all warframe`s abilities should be good.

Idm if she gets a rework but I just gave her a revisit and the idea of my revisit is to make her abilities fit her concept and make her a better stealth frame.

Le 14/09/2022 à 17:42, Huggalump a dit :

I used to make these long ass videos that explained everything, but that's exhausting and I don't feel like putting that much time into a video anymore. Plus, Banshee's been my main for a couple years now so there's just way too much nuance to explain in a video. 

Instead, I decided to make it short and sweet, then explain the boring details in captions under the images in Imgur here: https://imgur.com/gallery/5NfQxBN

Banshee is the best frame ever (at least to me) ! 😍🤩😍

Savage silence, radial blind or rest and rage or desiccation to open to finishers, then skiajati and arcane trickery for invisibility, along with arcane ultimatum, for whenever your cloak fails.

Basically CC the room with silence and rest & rage, then be protected via stealth and the armor boost from ultimatum, and use her augment with invisibility to get damage bonus.

Throw in rolling guard or quick thinking, in case plan A fails.

Of course, might as well just play Ash at that point.

Then turn on her 4 for lower level stationary relic maps etc. and go to bed, though I do believe you get an afk penalty for doing that. So yeah.

What really kills the frame for me is actually her shoes. Her shoes and inaros legs make my eyes bleed.

On 2022-09-14 at 5:42 PM, Huggalump said:

The video really makes it look as though high level play is quite exciting. It is a shame we can't experience this when using options that grant maximum potential power.

All-in-all, this video demonstrates why, like you, I self-nerf as well. Great job

Archived