Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.3

[DE]Megan

19 minutes ago, Frcdstcr said:

What part of "Kahl only lets you rank up once per week" are you missing? Every other syndicate can gain standing per day, letting you potentially rank up multiple times a week. Kahl does not. 

You're a Legendary 1 player, right? 

For a regular faction you're required to pay the required faction costs for 12 days straight (15 for a MR20). This means running hours upon hours of missions to generate the appropriate syndicate faction/items needed to level up. As opposed to 1 (maybe 2 or 3 if you're having trouble) missions per week. Doing the math the average person will probably have to run 10-15 missions to max the garrison faction while they'll have to do something like... 5x that (at least) to max, say, The Holdfasts.

It might be achievable in less DAYS (maxing something like Holdfasts) but it certainly isn't achievable in less time spent in mission. 

You already have Styanax so the total cost of all the other things for sale in Chipper's shop comes to 365.

at 105 a week you're going to hit that amount before you've even maxed the faction.

You complained about the cost of shards compared to what we earn, which is simply an asinine complaint unless you're planning on trading the mods. You'd have purchased everything he currently sells before you unlock Home.

Were DE to not give you Styanax for free then yeah, you'd have to go a whole week without getting a shard. But as it stands, even compared to the other factions you're losing AT MOST 3 shards due to garrison taking 5 weeks (as far as anyone knows) to max.

But man... come on... Act your rank. You should realize this before coming on to the forums complaining. It seems like Veilbreaker has brought people out of the woodwork to complain about everything before running the numbers and/or testing/verifying their complaints.

Sure, you have to wait 5 weeks. That's hardly the end of the world. Maxing Garrison is exceptionally easy compared to every open-world faction. 

25 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

For a regular faction you're required to pay the required faction costs for 12 days straight (15 for a MR20). This means running hours upon hours of missions to generate the appropriate syndicate faction/items needed to level up. As opposed to 1 (maybe 2 or 3 if you're having trouble) missions per week. Doing the math the average person will probably have to run 10-15 missions to max the garrison faction while they'll have to do something like... 5x that (at least) to max, say, The Holdfasts.

It might be achievable in less DAYS (maxing something like Holdfasts) but it certainly isn't achievable in less time spent in mission. 

You already have Styanax so the total cost of all the other things for sale in Chipper's shop comes to 365.

at 105 a week you're going to hit that amount before you've even maxed the faction.

You complained about the cost of shards compared to what we earn, which is simply an asinine complaint unless you're planning on trading the mods. You'd have purchased everything he currently sells before you unlock Home.

Were DE to not give you Styanax for free then yeah, you'd have to go a whole week without getting a shard. But as it stands, even compared to the other factions you're losing AT MOST 3 shards due to garrison taking 5 weeks (as far as anyone knows) to max.

But man... come on... Act your rank. You should realize this before coming on to the forums complaining. It seems like Veilbreaker has brought people out of the woodwork to complain about everything before running the numbers and/or testing/verifying their complaints.

Sure, you have to wait 5 weeks. That's hardly the end of the world. Maxing Garrison is exceptionally easy compared to every open-world faction. 

I'm not talking about time spent in mission. I've been going on about standing and daily standing caps and standing per rank and all of that. Clearly I'm talking about the days required to rank up and not the in-mission time. 

Also, "act your rank" please. This isn't school or work. I'm allowed to voice my complaints. And you neglected to mention a solution to the issue of Stock earned per week if someone wants to trade the mods as well... Plus, I might want a second copy of Styanax for my helminth, requiring even more stock to spend.

And I'm a bit miffed that we were promised the ability to purchase a second shard a week, made to wait another week for the shop, and only now we figure out that we need to wait weeks to access the ability to even purchase the second shard because of the way the syndicate ranks up.

Being up front would've been nice of you, DE. Allowing us to use the daily standing cap like literally every other syndicate in the game would be nicer still.

So... I'm going to start with the one positive that I can see here.  At least the Kahl section can be completed quickly.

There's so much wrong with everything else.  Let me just hit a few points.  

1) Styanax is hidden behind a time gate, that once you can unlock the things is literally going to be multiple weeks using all of your credits to purchase.  Seriously?

2) A month of missions.  That's...seriously?

3) I can't believe that you took all of the glassmaker feedback, and decided to do another RNG scavenger hunt.  You also structured the goals so that anyone who hasn't run the mission many times will inevitably have to run multiples because scavenger hunt is a time sink, but goal is do it quick....  Stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

4) The enemies and spawns are...frustrating.  Clear an area, move on, and get blind sided because an enemy decided to spawn away from everyone else and the first cue they are there is being hit with a bunch of rapid fire homing projectiles.  You have captured the grineer experience....

5) 6 weeks of FOMO on the shards.  One without the shop, and 5 weeks to be able to unlock.  Funny this, it's the first faction where all the time you invested into the game means literally nothing...and it's still a miserable time gated grind.

Let me end with...disappointment.  Kahl of Duty is not a great game mode.  It's core warframe stripped of its fun and choice.  It's not particularly rewarding.  It's hiding new great stuff...that you've time gated such that we'll be able to get everything by November...  Yeah, this might finally be the point where I give up again.  Far as I'm concerned the veil being broken is that DE is out of ideas, and is officially stupid enough to fall down the Call of Duty/Battlefield hole.  

I...now hold no hope for Soulframe.  If this is the note you leave with your community after nearly a decade, it shares a lot with a wet shart.  

43 minutes ago, Frcdstcr said:

I'm not talking about time spent in mission. I've been going on about standing and daily standing caps and standing per rank and all of that. Clearly I'm talking about the days required to rank up and not the in-mission time. 

Also, "act your rank" please. This isn't school or work. I'm allowed to voice my complaints. And you neglected to mention a solution to the issue of Stock earned per week if someone wants to trade the mods as well... Plus, I might want a second copy of Styanax for my helminth, requiring even more stock to spend.

And I'm a bit miffed that we were promised the ability to purchase a second shard a week, made to wait another week for the shop, and only now we figure out that we need to wait weeks to access the ability to even purchase the second shard because of the way the syndicate ranks up.

Being up front would've been nice of you, DE. Allowing us to use the daily standing cap like literally every other syndicate in the game would be nicer still.

Seems like a good system to me.

Sorry that it doesn't meet your expectations. I might not love the missions but its about the easiest dang faction to level in the game. The ONLY thing that makes it remotely comparable to the other factions is the RL time sink. But as someone who can't play much it is perfect for my needs. Login 1-2 days a week, clear the weeklies and back to more important stuff. I prefer that 100x over to tons and tons of missions grinding faction resources to rank up, then grinding faction resources to buy all the junk.

Veilbreaker feels like, to me, a side dish rather than the main course. If you go into it thinking it is main-course material then yeah.... probably gonna be disappointed.

But the systems work fine. 

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Seems like a good system to me.

Sorry that it doesn't meet your expectations. I might not love the missions but its about the easiest dang faction to level in the game. The ONLY thing that makes it remotely comparable to the other factions is the RL time sink. But as someone who can't play much it is perfect for my needs. Login 1-2 days a week, clear the weeklies and back to more important stuff. I prefer that 100x over to tons and tons of missions grinding faction resources to rank up, then grinding faction resources to buy all the junk.

Veilbreaker feels like, to me, a side dish rather than the main course. If you go into it thinking it is main-course material then yeah.... probably gonna be disappointed.

But the systems work fine. 

As a "side dish", it works fine. But I'd like the tons of time that I put into the game (part of the reward of which was getting my daily standing cap increased per rank) to still be respected. Kahl doesn't allow any way to rank up faster at all.

59 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Legendary 2 here chiming back in.   Styanax is uh not so good. In steel path and arbitrations which is basically all there is to do at this point. I'd rather play Garuda, Chroma, Vauban, Rhino, Khora, Nekros, Nidus, Limbo, Frost, Saryn, Volt, Mag or about a dozen other frames.  It would however be nice to have them archon shards to work on some builds for warframes I don't typically use.  Styanax would be in the helminth already if he didn't come with a reactor installed.  We just want the Archon Shards.  Especially this weeks since it is an Azure Tau Shard which are the best shards.   It is ridiculous that they time gate the Archon shard.  The one thing they have of real use.     I bought the weapons last week and they are terrible compared to other options, and the mods are mostly garbage.  Not total garbage but mostly useless when you have everything else in game.  Stretch would be good for a volt build in ESO, but you can't spam it so energy isn't ever my hold up anyways .  I don't run duration on Saryn considering I use the helminth on her 3 and I don't run Augments on Nidus.  The intensify could be good for something like a garuda gloom build, but why bother when you can run 3 umbral mods and get 77% all the time.  It's like they got really high, polled for a bunch of the dumbest ideas, and decided to implement them poorly.

Also it takes 8 days for me to reach rank 5 on any other reputation.  Your math is including maxing the 5th tier and you're adding an unnecessary 132,000 rep.  Most of the time it only takes about an hour grind out 32k rep  and it generally gets done passively while grinding out other stuff like pinions and toroids.  The new system objectively screws over the people who have supported the game longer.     In typical warframe fashion this is a bad rollout.  It's been like this since the beta . I doubt it will change just because some of the developers changed.   Also I wish they would remove shield gating. 

18 minutes ago, drunkdirtydanny said:

Also it takes 8 days for me to reach rank 5 on any other reputation.  Your math is including maxing the 5th tier and you're adding an unnecessary 132,000 rep.  Most of the time it only takes about an hour grind out 32k rep  and it generally gets done passively while grinding out other stuff like pinions and toroids.  The new system objectively screws over the people who have supported the game longer.

Exactly this. 

31 minutes ago, drunkdirtydanny said:

Legendary 2 here chiming back in.   Styanax is uh not so good. In steel path and arbitrations which is basically all there is to do at this point. I'd rather play Garuda, Chroma, Vauban, Rhino, Khora, Nekros, Nidus, Limbo, Frost, Saryn, Volt, Mag or about a dozen other frames.  It would however be nice to have them archon shards to work on some builds for warframes I don't typically use.  Styanax would be in the helminth already if he didn't come with a reactor installed.  We just want the Archon Shards.  Especially this weeks since it is an Azure Tau Shard which are the best shards.   It is ridiculous that they time gate the Archon shard.  The one thing they have of real use.     I bought the weapons last week and they are terrible compared to other options, and the mods are mostly garbage.  Not total garbage but mostly useless when you have everything else in game.  Stretch would be good for a volt build in ESO, but you can't spam it so energy isn't ever my hold up anyways .  I don't run duration on Saryn considering I use the helminth on her 3 and I don't run Augments on Nidus.  The intensify could be good for something like a garuda gloom build, but why bother when you can run 3 umbral mods and get 77% all the time.  It's like they got really high, polled for a bunch of the dumbest ideas, and decided to implement them poorly.

Also it takes 8 days for me to reach rank 5 on any other reputation.  Your math is including maxing the 5th tier and you're adding an unnecessary 132,000 rep.  Most of the time it only takes about an hour grind out 32k rep  and it generally gets done passively while grinding out other stuff like pinions and toroids.  The new system objectively screws over the people who have supported the game longer.     In typical warframe fashion this is a bad rollout.  It's been like this since the beta . I doubt it will change just because some of the developers changed.   Also I wish they would remove shield gating. 

mr 23 here so take that how you will, uh no, styanax is not "not good" he is actually pretty damn good, especially in sp, he has literally everything sp endurance runners want and then some, his 4 isnt even that bad despite the fix to it, the sheer amount of slash it procs decimates sp on unmodded strength

to me it just sounds like you have a build issue or a playstyle issue (the latter is not a bad thing, mind you, some people just dont like how a frame plays and thats a-ok)

10 hours ago, BrendanatorX said:

I like the new system, but I'm really sad that Prime Vault is gone now because they just made obtaining prime accessories more real $ expensive.

Previously if I wanted to only buy the prime accessories from prime vault, I only had to spend $22 per prime accessory pack, ($44 if I bought both available at the time) and I could get it directly from the store, now I have to spend a minimum of $45 to get even one whole prime accessory pack worth of Regal Aya or $67 across two purchases of both the 7 Regal Aya option AND 3 Regal Aya option and then head to Varzia's ingame store in Maroos Bazaar and buy the whole 10 Regal Aya worth of accessories which costs the same as the combined pack that comes with a lot of extra stuff I don't need like extra prime frames and weapons and glyphs and endo, which is nice, but I only wanted the accessories and they were a lot cheaper before.

Or, I could buy the $88 pack of 15 regal aya, and then I'd still need to purchase more at the next cycle to get a whole set of prime accessories, because It's still not enough even then.

I would rather just have the cheaper prime accessories like I was used to, I would rather it go back how it was, the current accessory prices or regal aya prices are just too high, and I'm so mad, I have been waiting for so long for the prime vault to come back and stop giving me the same options on repeat even though we've had more prime frames come out and get vaulted, and now I've just been blueballed.

10 hours ago, Dreadlox said:

So let me get straight: Prime Resurgence the Regal Aya price is 3pc/20 dollar. The Usual accesory pack cost 20 dollar and that contain 2-3 ITEMS! But the pricing is now 2-2-1 Regal Aya for a pack. So the Price Accessory pack cost now the double of used to. Not changing the price my ***. The Greed is strong with this change. I hope nobody buys it. 

9 hours ago, ---HattoriIga--- said:

This PRIME RESURRECTION PRICE REDEMPTION most horrible thing that DE invented. this very unfair!!! with the withdrawal of the prime vault that cost R$ 39,90 Brazilian currency to get everything that came from accessories primes of that waframe. now if I want to have accessories primes of a full waframe. have to spend R$ 87,99 that absurd doubled the price. :thumbdown:

8 hours ago, Caramello said:

Prime resurgence is back, and is time to do math again! Exciting! 

This month we have Wukong back, and im glad, cuz he the perfect exemple to show how overpriced resurgence is.

Our beloved monkey came with 3 accessories: A syandana, a kubrow armor, and an ephemera:

bc4b671325305e8192fe33a3ec982823.png

If we still had the old Unvault system, all those 3 things would be neatly packed in a bundle at the cost of 17 euros.

But now? Now those 3 items require a total of 6 regal aya.

9d8ffe40c9e292b336b0dbf1b6e07b94.png

How much is 6 regal aya you ask? 35 euro, or 37 if you want the "best value" (lmao)

451d2d1825b98ec51939080674a0c366.png

Wow! A whooping 100% price increase! Even if the syandana was still 1 regal, that would still be overpriced...

Member when the promise was to keep the value the same from the previous system?

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan @[DE]Danielle

I am both amazed and baffled at the same time, that you have pulled this off this year as well; wasn't the last prime resurgence a lesson? Apparently not.

Can we get an honest answer to this?

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being able to cast Styanax’s other abilities while in Final Stand. 

What? What do you mean? This was literally letting Styanax be able to survive any meaningful content. This is such a wrong move on so many levels I can't even begin to fathom why you thought this was ok. Either add invincibility during Final Stand or add this back because using Final Stand will literally just get you killed now. 

4 hours ago, drunkdirtydanny said:

Thanks for clarifying the math. I did exactly as you described and added the final standing number to the required total. 8 days is correct. 

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

It isn't necessary to add the toxic little quip to the end of your Comment. It doesn't help resolve the identified issue and makes you look bad.

What? DE just ignoring broken things and someone players, who really biting this forum month for moth our bugtraces. No one gives a cookies.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
    •  

• Fixed being able to cast Styanax’s other abilities while in Final Stand. 

• Similar to Wisp’s Sol Gate, Final Stand is a full-body animation that restricts the casting of other abilities. 

This was what has made Styanax more fun. This is seriously what made mediocre frame better. I've even congratulated you here:

Now the gameplay feels dull. To show difference watch this 2 movies:

Before change:

After change (start at 58 second):

https://youtu.be/PWiLi22Cq8w?t=58

13 hours ago, baltaz0r said:

This "fix" is not good. Removing this only removes the fun. It is not automated or disturbing to other's gameplay as you said in your Devstream about balancing.

• Fixed being able to cast Styanax’s other abilities while in Final Stand. 

• Similar to Wisp’s Sol Gate, Final Stand is a full-body animation that restricts the casting of other abilities. 

This bug was a good feature. It allowed Styanax to use his 2nd ability to remove armor from enemies (especially in SP) that otherwise would not take any damage or group them, with his 1st, to hit more of them. That was good synergy between them. As for his 3rd it was a safe way to cast it while in the air. This bug, as you said, was a way to enjoy playing using his 4th ability and not break your gameplay. For his 4th the most enjoyable playstyle is when you are in the air raining spears from above. Not use ability, land, use something else then jump so you can use 4th again. If i have to stop or land whenever i want to use other abilities then it is not fun, at all.

TLDR: This "fixes" having fun with him and not a problem.

This is honestly what make it "ok" frame. We had great animated version, not so great frame then we get nerf. It's not fun.

15 hours ago, Caidezes said:

Why would you do this? That's half of what made Styanax’s playstyle interesting. Plus it helped in Steel Path missions, since he's a sitting duck while he's using Final Stand. He wasn't even overpowered.

4 hours ago, KyriaTheMystic said:

What? What do you mean? This was literally letting Styanax be able to survive any meaningful content. This is such a wrong move on so many levels I can't even begin to fathom why you thought this was ok. Either add invincibility during Final Stand or add this back because using Final Stand will literally just get you killed now. 

+1

You can +1 me in the above topic as you agree with me. It may show that we care about such issues.

Man... the time gating on ranking up Khal's garrison is just lame. :(

I understand that game designers have to contend with how fast players will consume new content, but the daily limits on ranking/farming in general is just frustrating when it's done in such a heavy handed manner.

Man, DE doesn't understand its players.

You really want to put two optional time-gated means to get these Archon Shards, to essentially permanently enhance the stats of a Warframe of your choosing, making them EVEN STRONGER than before, and expect us not to complain about it?

And it's going to take a long long time to get the literal best shards in every slot just for one Warframe, I sure hope there will be a way to turn these weaker shards into better ones because only the best shards will do for my Warframe, for these permanent buffs, that I don't even really need, and is totally optional, and is time gated, but I can't grind them except for a few missions a week, which if you count a week that's like... 150+ hours of grinding for a shard or two. And then you have 5 slots for these permanent buffs... and only a chance for the best shard... that's many many MANY hours.

I can't believe they would do this to us.

And my Mastery Rank doesn't even help here, I really want to laugh in the face of the lower MRs with my permanent buffs but I cannot, Mastery Rank is pointless if I can't at the very least do that...

Well I can still flex as I effortlessly carry them with my room-clearing weapons-... oh wait.

3 hours ago, Boonauta said:

Man, DE doesn't understand its players.

You really want to put two optional time-gated means to get these Archon Shards, to essentially permanently enhance the stats of a Warframe of your choosing, making them EVEN STRONGER than before, and expect us not to complain about it?

And it's going to take a long long time to get the literal best shards in every slot just for one Warframe, I sure hope there will be a way to turn these weaker shards into better ones because only the best shards will do for my Warframe, for these permanent buffs, that I don't even really need, and is totally optional, and is time gated, but I can't grind them except for a few missions a week, which if you count a week that's like... 150+ hours of grinding for a shard or two. And then you have 5 slots for these permanent buffs... and only a chance for the best shard... that's many many MANY hours.

I can't believe they would do this to us.

And my Mastery Rank doesn't even help here, I really want to laugh in the face of the lower MRs with my permanent buffs but I cannot, Mastery Rank is pointless if I can't at the very least do that...

Well I can still flex as I effortlessly carry them with my room-clearing weapons-... oh wait.

Yeah, how dare people want to actually use a new thing and have the time they've already put into the game be respected! (/s)

14 hours ago, Scorpin99 said:

mr 23 here so take that how you will, uh no, styanax is not "not good" he is actually pretty damn good, especially in sp, he has literally everything sp endurance runners want and then some, his 4 isnt even that bad despite the fix to it, the sheer amount of slash it procs decimates sp on unmodded strength

to me it just sounds like you have a build issue or a playstyle issue (the latter is not a bad thing, mind you, some people just dont like how a frame plays and thats a-ok)

He's not good.   He's mediocre.  He's not bad, but really there aren't any bad frames I can take any of them into steel path infinite missions , but then again I use wolf beacons in steel path just to make it more fun.  I think we play on different levels.  He doesn't bring anything exciting to the game.   So he is just MR Fodder. 

On 2022-09-14 at 2:44 PM, XHADgaming said:

*7 to be more precise 

Which is 14% of the roster which seems a decent chunk once you consider the other archon mods. And this isn't even accounting for exalted weapons (non-puesdo) that can also use the effect that number would go up really high if we do factor that in. 

We know this since people were able to get the mods early via transmutation.

Technically all also get it if take into account helminth subsumes with projectiles+residual viremia or Elemental Ward.

Ok please name me one of those seven that you would justify the increase in mod capacity the cost of resources and isn't wildly outclassed by the number of other abilities and weapons that deal obscene amounts of damage due to the main elemental damage types most use is viral and heat (especially now that we have access to 100% armor strip). Oh and that doesn't already deal nonsensical numbers like the exalted blade augment chromatic blade with conditioned overload because it's not only unnecessary the enemies at around 200 SP die before looking at what statuses you have Proc'd but also a negligible damage increase. 

It is possible to use it use it on a few frames and have an increase in damage but it's so slight and unnecessary that it isn't worth it. There are already 100% armor strips all over the game now corrosive proc doesn't help conditioned overload builds already deal enough damage that you won't notice a huge decrease in TTK and the main elemental damage types used are viral which uses toxin and also increases damage much more than a CO build with 1 extra PROC of corrosive.

Also in a sense of using elemental ward which toxin is the worst of his options

residual viremia which means you are not taking a better arcane

and subsumes that again would be better to do a different build with than this.

It's just bad, technically usable and you can do stuff with it, still bad though.

7 hours ago, drunkdirtydanny said:

He's not good.   He's mediocre.  He's not bad, but really there aren't any bad frames I can take any of them into steel path infinite missions , but then again I use wolf beacons in steel path just to make it more fun.  I think we play on different levels.  He doesn't bring anything exciting to the game.   So he is just MR Fodder. 

Then this is a playstyle issue, not an actual slight against the frame's capabilities, he can pretty easily do SP mot endurance without really breaking a sweat, that makes him good. You cant cherry pick what is and isn't good by preference.

Archived