[DE]Rebecca

Information On Damage 2.0

587 posts in this topic

Oh my god, I believe I'm going to be crazily trying to suit myself to/testing the new Elemental states...

Thanks for the update Rebecca, and glad to see the new Lotus already here :D

Looks awesome! Just call it the "Makes Armour Piercing Mods Not Required Update".

This looks very, very promising. I had my doubts, but DE, you proved me wrong. Keep it up, and I'll be a happy man.

Nice explanation, also wonderful to see that each weapon is getting a "proc chance".  I'd imagine mods will be introduced to take more advantage of that, possibly of the combined elemental types as well.

New info is always good. I'm going to have a lot of fun with these new elements.

Edited by GaleRoar

Those UI elements look very clear, I'm happy to see that.

Will Damage 2.0 affect Warframe Powers as well?  I.E. will electrical hits from Volt's Shock and Overload have a chance to proc electrical chains?

Edited by Rajko

This is great! None shall live through their own elements! Noobs shall fall from their gas clouds without even reaching rank 4!

Otherwise, I'll just be over here sticking to the old tactic...

RAINBOW BUILD EXPERIMENTATION

Edited by Generalthree

I cannot tell you how much relief this gives me to have a guide (of sorts) about this damage 2.0. This just makes me look forward to it more (well, assuming that by "level 40 is comparable to level 100 now" you don't mean "bullet sponge" but instead you mean the enemies pose more of a threat due to their new damage output.) Now, I only hope that we are soon to be reaching this "corner" the devs like to place their goody bags around.

@DERebecca - also, when the heck did you get "Overlord" added to your profile?  Made me spit out my drink when I saw that just now...so much awesome...I mean, All Hail!

Edited by KARMA2605

What about weapons that already do 100% fire damage, such as the Ignis? Does this mean you can only get Fire related combos with the weapon?

The system does look promising.

"Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale. Level 1 enemies are still the easiest, but the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0."

Does this mean the enemy levels on the star chart will be changed, or is Pluto being 50-70s what you are aiming for to make the game more challenging? :)

"Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)"

Poor poor Trinity when Evicerators strikes :( Saying this half-jokingly of course since we have to experience it first before judging.

This is probably the most excited part of the future updates to me since there will be lots to test and discover!

I also noticed that Toxin gives poison damage over time TO HEALTH; does this mean Saryn's powers, Torid, Embolist and Acrid will damage health directly with their DoT and bypass shields + armor?

"Viral: Sickened"

What exactly is it? It can't be DoT since that's regular Toxin. Is it a reduction to max health like the initial spreadsheet?

Seems like the scanner/codex will be much more useful than getting simple drop data from enemies; you'll also learn about their weakness and which damage type/elemental is more useful on them (along with personal experience of course).

Edited by Casardis

Enemy Levels

Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale. Level 1 enemies are still the easiest, but the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0.

Does this mean that planets like Pluto will feature enemies comparable to level ~200 in Damage 1.0?