[DE]Rebecca

Information On Damage 2.0

587 posts in this topic

So...I suppose U11 tomorrow :O or is scott going to enjoy seeing us "suffer" releasing the alad V catching event instead of U11?

And please,Overlord @DERebecca,don't disappoint me on the glaive prime :P,anyways, thanks for the news :D

Edited by DAFIRE

What about weapons that already do 100% fire damage, such as the Ignis? Does this mean you can only get Fire related combos with the weapon?

The system does look promising.

I think a lot of people are curious about this as well.  I wonder if they will make them unable to equip any elemental mod type besides their own?  I do think people are looking forward to the new "Michael Bay Splosions" Ignis tho.

LOL wow the difficulty scale, this is going to be fun.  Feel bad for the noobs though....this may make their lives rather terrible. 

wow, this stayed closer to the design council sneak peak than I expected, I'm liking how the ui adjusts for your mod selection.

looking forward to my torid creating gas clouds within gas clouds!

*torid ception*

Fire. Cold. Electric. Toxin is the hierarchy of elements. I understand Fire is priority to be mixed, so say I have Fire and Cold and Electric on a gun. This would mean the result in output would be (Blast plus Electric) as opposed to (Fire plus Magnetic), correct?

Wrecking ball incoming, countdown to impact:

T-24 hours (give or take a few hours)

Edited by jrkong

Cheers for the Info.

Looking really good, and will add depth to the combat system. Nice!

I'm in love with the new elemental system now! I'm glad I read these for once. Being able to mix and match and creating new damage types.

Thanks for the update!

The "the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0" really concerns me, though. Wasn't this supposed to be countering the absurd enemy scaling, and not the other way around?

Enemy Levels

Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale. Level 1 enemies are still the easiest, but the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0. Infinite mission types will still feature ever increasing enemy levels. Enemies will be wielding weapons that can inflict different types of damage and Procs on the Tenno, meaning the difficulty will come from a combination of their loadouts and their level.

oh_zps562251b1.gif

I'mscared

Appreciate the clarification, Rebecca. All the more reason to be excited.

I'd still like to see elemental mods being off to the side in their own two slots, like auras but without the mod slot boost.

With regards to the knockback effect for impact... Will we see ragdolling or knockdown? How is this different to Blast : Stun?

With regards to the knockback effect for impact... Will we see ragdolling or knockdown? How is this different to Blast : Stun?

I believe stun is more of the stagger-type we see when you melee enemies with heavy weapons, which lasts way shorter than an actual knockdown, but allow you to hit enemies more properly.

i know im kinda alone with this... but DR. strangelove was one of my favorite movies of all time.

thanks for that rebecca.

Sounds like new players grinding up through the solar system are going to have an even rougher time. Super. /deadpan

Sounds like new players grinding up through the solar system are going to have an even rougher time. Super. /deadpan

I'd like to emphasis on the "difficulty" part that's comparable. I think this new challenge will add much more depth in combat and mod combinations in order to go against said challenge. We probably won't be shooting at bullet sponges anymore, but rather have to find good combinations to deal with them quicker (elemental CC effects will come into play greatly), and part of the difficulty will be the effects enemies can deal on you too, not just sheer amount of damage (at least I hope that's the case).

This makes me wonder though. Since this affects us Warframes, what happens to the armor system on Warframes, and Steel Fiber? Does it add resistances to all damage types, or only certain damage? Will certain Warframe become squishier than they already are? Will the "tanky ones" become even more tanky? Or will it be reversed depending on what stats each Warframe has since they will have 3 damage resistance now instead of 1?

*mind explodes*

Edited by Casardis