Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Information On Damage 2.0

Sounds like new players grinding up through the solar system are going to have an even rougher time. Super. /deadpan

quite the opposite, enemies aren't going to bee as heavily armored as before, and given that fire damage for pistols is an early drop, it may be much, MUCH easier.

regardless, I'll probably try running through mercury and Venus with a mk1 just to see how out pays out

• Upvote 3

So much to learn, it's like starting a new game all over. Oh, how I love the thrill of the unknown.

Thanks, Rebecca!

• Upvote 4

@DERebecca - also, when the heck did you get "Overlord" added to your profile?  Made me spit out my drink when I saw that just now...so much awesome...I mean, All Hail!

Dear,she's @DERebecca (a.k.a The Lotus) and the lotus is tenno overlord,right?,so why are you surprised? :P

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update!

The "the difficulty of a Level 40 enemy in Damage 2.0 will be comparable to a Level 100 enemy in Damage 1.0" really concerns me, though. Wasn't this supposed to be countering the absurd enemy scaling, and not the other way around?

I agree, I'm still more wait n' see but that worries me unless the star chart gets an over-haul in enemy levels.

• Upvote 2

wait so all our weapons will be nerfed in damage and lvl 40 mobs will be like lvl 100 now.... yeah I can see this being U7 all over again

• Upvote 1

Why do I have a very, very bad feeling that you guys will somehow screw this up?

To be honest, I'm EXPECTING balance issues to happen at first. That's almost inevitable with such a big overhaul on the core mechanics of damage system.

This is also why I'm even more excited since lots of change will happen, and lots of change will keep happening depending on feedback. Maybe T3 void missions will be impossible when Damage 2.0 hits.

Who knows, but if anything, I'm positive that this is towards a better path, and we as players will need to work/give feedback continuously to help it.

• Upvote 13

SO! does this hierarchy mean that if i have a fire mod in a weapon, all other elements will combine with fire?or just the next element in the tier? ie FIRE+COLD+ELECTRIC = BLAST + RADIATION or BLAST + ELECTRIC?

• Upvote 2

I appreciate that you guys are standing by, however do not perform any knee jerk changes! I repeat, do not perform any knee jerk changes after this is added to the game. 

Edited by Mythblaze
Snipped quote
  • Upvote 3

Nice! Thanks DE, great job on that! <3 This is something new and refreshing as expected of new Update 11. Big things are coming, with those Basic Damage and Elemental Dmg combinations gameplay will be now different for everybody and with every approach we make or loadout we use. 

Some many new features, so much to learn and to try out. It'll give us even more hours of fun with Warframe. Once again, many thanks Digital Extremes, we love you all. :D 

Can't wait for Update 11, please don't make us wait too long. :D

Really really interested about how much the playing style of us all will change (in a positive way of course!)

So many awesome changes, I think I'll enjoy this game as I've never done before. Thank you for your hard work DE

With your Primary, Secondary and Melee weapon, you will be able to take on the fiercest foes with many different combinations.

Hooray :D No more people complaining about melee usefulness!

• Upvote 2

Hmmm...some of this actually concerns me.....and I don't think increasing enemy difficulty in ways of survival, and damage are gonna be productive....Especially in T3 Defense where 90% of your game content was rendered entirely useless. Not sure how this is going to help that matter, I actually think this might make it worse than it currently is.

• Upvote 2

To be honest, I'm EXPECTING balance issues to happen at first. That's almost inevitable with such a big overhaul on the core mechanics of damage system.

This is also why I'm even more excited since lots of change will happen, and lots of change will keep happening depending on feedback. Maybe T3 void missions will be impossible when Damage 2.0 hits.

Who knows, but if anything, I'm positive that this is towards a better path, and we as players will need to work/give feedback continuously to help it.

100% agree with this.  Too massive an overhaul to not burst loose some balancing here and there. 

I'm pretty stoked to give this a whirl, though.  

It reads like the higher level areas may get truly difficult from combinations of enemy overall power and loadouts.

I'm very curious to see how this will affect the artificial difficulty debate.

Edited by Rajko
  • Upvote 3

Fire. Cold. Electric. Toxin is the hierarchy of elements. I understand Fire is priority to be mixed, so say I have Fire and Cold and Electric on a gun. This would mean the result in output would be (Blast plus Electric) as opposed to (Fire plus Magnetic), correct?

Also curious as to this.  Originally I was thinking that the Electric element in your example would just be wasted and not add to any damage.  This should be easier figured out by whether or not it adds to the UI - or if DE answers.  They wan't to get away from rainbow builds however, so my first inclination may be correct.

With regards to the knockback effect for impact... Will we see ragdolling or knockdown? How is this different to Blast : Stun?

It seems like it will have to do with each weapons Proc %.  So say a weapon like the Kestrel which before was full Forcefield/Ragdoll might have a very high Proc % as an Impact weapon, more or less allowing for Ragdoll still.  Whereas a weapon like the Fragor might have a lower Proc % but the obviously higher damage.  This is where some balance in the sense of utility will come about.

Sounds like new players grinding up through the solar system are going to have an even rougher time. Super. /deadpan

I actually got the impression that it won't so much be a difficulty increase so much as a level retune.  If I'm correct, then rather than face level 1-5 enemies on Mercury, players may now only face level 1-2; on Pluto it may now be 30-40 or whatever.  I don't think they meant it to be a flat increase across the board, but I could also be dead wrong in which case yes: things are about to get much more challenging.

the changes sounds good, can you speak about what happened to serration, hornet strike and pressure point?

also what exactly are we looking at, status wise, on a heavy gunner [40] for example?

will the planet levels stay the same? some 55~60 will have a similar difficulty to a 150~200 by your math

Hmmm...some of this actually concerns me.....and I don't think increasing enemy difficulty in ways of survival, and damage are gonna be productive....Especially in T3 Defense where 90% of your game content was rendered entirely useless. Not sure how this is going to help that matter, I actually think this might make it worse than it currently is.

That's because "enemy difficulty" talked about in Rebecca's post is vague. She wrote that it's comparable, but since the system itself will be changed, the workaround of that difficulty will also be different (we won't be looking at simply stacking damage the most armor-piercing damage possible).

Elemental combination will be involved to create CC, not just Warframe powers; certain similar weapons will have different damage type to make them different even if it's in the same series (Scott mentioned that during the latest livestream, how each Braton in the Braton series will have its own advantages in their damage type, so one might have more puncture, while the other one's more slashing, etc).

This means we will need more coordination and thoughtful modding not just for damage output, but for utility along with our Warframe (depending on your Warframe you may want to have a certain type of elemental to benefit your powers, which also have its own damage changes).

But like I said in a previous post, I do expect balance issues. It's possible that those utility with weapon modings and weapon damage type will still not be enough to counter the new difficulty of enemies. So I can understand your concern and I do share some of it.

Edited by Casardis
  • Upvote 4

When do procs actually proc?

What does "Sickened" mean?

What does "armor damage" from corrosive proc mean? Is it just reducing armor?

will the planet levels stay the same?

NO.

I think that adress half the concerns here already.

I mean come on guys, use common sense. They won't triple the difficulty just like that...

Proof:

Enemy levels now fall in a more compressed scale.

compressed scale.

It means that rather than having the ennemy levels scaling from 1 to 120, they'll scale from 1 to 50.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel
  • Upvote 2

Significance of Change

Damage 2.0 is a very significant change to Warframe. We are standing by to receive feedback and experiences on this new Damage system when it is released.

Thank you for reading, everyone!

I've got a suggestion just based on seeing the screenshots:

It would be nice for the armory UI to have a "total damage" figure that includes the sum of all damage the weapon has (ie pierce/slash/impact/elemental), purely so people understand at a glance how much damage they're doing per shot without having to do math in their heads.

• Upvote 1

i'm more concerned about warframes now - their skills - mainly def ones and - and armor... if I have a rhino with 300 def - they will be wipe the floor with me on Mars or even earlier ?!

or the enemies will be scaled in similar mater to warframes -

fully moded frame with weapons at lvl 30 = ~30 lvl of enemy ?

Edited by Cracken

the changes sounds good, can you speak about what happened to serration, hornet strike and pressure point?

Also a very good point - I wonder if we aren't going to see individual damage type mods per weapon class in place of/in addition to the original damage replication.

According to DE Steve's original post about all of this, and using DE Rebecca's formula, each category of damage type could get a boost now whereas it would be harder to justify an increase across the board.  Intersting stuff if the base mods go away...and I just finished leveling my Serration too :P

Thank you Rebecca (be the way are releated mayor ford ?, lol),can you please give us more info like armor 2.0 (frame armor)?Also kind of worry on level 40 compared to level 100 (in current game) for star map,event and alert kind of scary with so little info.But really look like fun, just wish we had more info...

I think my bigger concern is enemies damage output/applying status effects will be a little more brutal on newer players without ranked up defensive mods. Another concern is with how often you come across swarms of enemies how often will -we- be KB'd by impact damage and other status ailments that can possibly take away control from the player?