Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Information On Damage 2.0

Since Toxic is a main Element, does this mean Poison will become its own Elemental mod now?

Thank you for the post. It gives us something to look forward too.

• Upvote 3

I think my bigger concern is enemies damage output/applying status effects will be a little more brutal on newer players without ranked up defensive mods. Another concern is with how often you come across swarms of enemies how often will -we- be KB'd by impact damage and other status ailments that can possibly take away control from the player?

Yeah. I'm really not looking forward to randomly getting staggered just by being shot.

Wait, so will they be adding toxic mods, or will only the few weapons with toxin be able to benefit from all of those combos? 

I've got a suggestion just based on seeing the screenshots:

It would be nice for the armory UI to have a "total damage" figure that includes the sum of all damage the weapon has (ie pierce/slash/impact/elemental), purely so people understand at a glance how much damage they're doing per shot without having to do math in their heads.

I feel like a total number in this case would be pointless - or worse, misleading. If every enemy has their own individual resistances, in theory NONE of what you shoot at would receive that total number's worth of damage.

I can foresee the "OMGz...muh wepon ain't working. DE lyed!" threads popping up with exposing that number.

• Upvote 10

Fire. Cold. Electric. Toxin is the hierarchy of elements. I understand Fire is priority to be mixed, so say I have Fire and Cold and Electric on a gun. This would mean the result in output would be (Blast plus Electric) as opposed to (Fire plus Magnetic), correct?

From what I can gather, this is the case. Unfortunately, Lotus didn't give us a great example of using the hierarchy.

Am I the only one who is excited cause this might mean, we can start using the room's objects to hide behind and tactically attack? :3

I appreciate that you guys are standing by, however do not perform any knee jerk changes! I repeat, do not perform any knee jerk changes after this is added to the game.

agreed, outside of anything game breaking, give the game the weekend to simmer on the system
  • Upvote 2

i have a question about the toxin damage type, will there be a mod added for guns and melee weapons or that´s just a damage type for certain weapons and warframes?

• Upvote 1

This post offers only 1 new information compared to design council screenshot...

AP increases puncture, and that was kinda expected.

What i'ld like to know:

Proc-Chances? When do we proc? How long? Is the proc damage relying on the mod levels?

Edited by St0l3n_ID

Also, in the picture of a the melee weapon showing off Radiation, there is something that says STATUS: 10%  

I wonder what that is?

Edited by Mrr.Bond

Something tells me that T3 def will become the new torment if you don't change its reward system...

Yes!!! Elemental procs! :'D

I am very excited for this update. It will be much more fun to put combinations of elemental mods on weapons and see in the UI what their effect will be. I can't wait!!! :D

Well thanks for keeping it fresh and fun as you always do ! Looks like alot to remember and put to a good test. thanks DE.

I appreciate that you guys are standing by, however do not perform any knee jerk changes! I repeat, do not perform any knee jerk changes after this is added to the game. 

Also this, very much this.  Certain things might not actually be working, but dear gawd I hope the mass QQ caused by misunderstanding the system does not lead to kneejerk reactions.  I honestly hope DE doesn't touch it for a week (besides bugs, like things not calculating correctly or not working as intended).  I beg everyone to try it for a while first, before starting with the "this doesn't do what it used to, SO ANGRY!" threads.

• Upvote 5

That's because "enemy difficulty" talked about in Rebecca's post is vague. She wrote that it's comparable, but since the system itself will be changed, the workaround of that difficulty will also be different (we won't be looking at simply stacking damage the most armor-piercing damage possible).

Elemental combination will be involved to create CC, not just Warframe powers; certain similar weapons will have different damage type to make them different even if it's in the same series (Scott mentioned that during the latest livestream, how each Braton in the Braton series will have its own advantages in their damage type, so one might have more puncture, while the other one's more slashing, etc).

This means we will need more coordination and thoughtful modding not just for damage output, but for utility along with our Warframe (depending on your Warframe you may want to have a certain type of elemental to benefit your powers, which also have its own damage changes).

But like I said in a previous post, I do expect balance issues. It's possible that those utility with weapon modings and weapon damage type will still not be enough to counter the new difficulty of enemies. So I can understand your concern and I do share some of it.

I agree...I am hoping the end result will be a more tactical game and less of dropping endless clips into a t3 heavy gunner with 90K+ HP and super armor+Shields of doom-o-matic

Hmmm...some of this actually concerns me.....and I don't think increasing enemy difficulty in ways of survival, and damage are gonna be productive....Especially in T3 Defense where 90% of your game content was rendered entirely useless. Not sure how this is going to help that matter, I actually think this might make it worse than it currently is.

The reason T3 Defense renders most weapons useless is because of the amount of armor that the mobs have. Your only solution is using Armor Ignore damage.

This system will make it so that SOME mobs (like Corrupted Heavy Grineer) will still have large armor values and you will need Puncture damage to take care of them. However, other mobs like Corrupted Fusion Moas will require another damage type (maybe Corrosive?) to get maximum damage.

This means that you will have to take a variety of weapons into a Void mission because of the many different mob types contained in those levels. Those chosen weapons will not have to adhere to the "Armor Ignore or its trash" system that we have now.

• Upvote 3