[DE]Rebecca

Information On Damage 2.0

Well, it looks interesting, but we should check it in-game. I hope it'll be released without any gameplay bugs.

Anyway, many thanks, DE. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Well, it looks interesting, but we should check it in-game. I hope it'll be released without any gameplay bugs.

Anyway, many thanks, DE.

LMAO. As if...

So instead of making live easier for us you make it more complicated and potentialy more frustrating, especialy for new players who's starting weapons are allready a pile of junk even without requiring a basic teaching in these tactics, which you guys don't provide because your tutorial is still a mess.

All while enemies are still largely meant to be bullet sponges? Only now the sponges are much harder to kill beause we now need to tailor make our loadouts for them? Again newbies don't have that luxury you are punishing new players with this.

Also if level 40 enemies are now as hard as the level 100 enemies we face now, did you at least completely overworked the alert system? Because every second alert currently is level 100 enemies. Wouldn't be very nice facing them now after you made it a priority of making them even more deadly.

You know, it would have allready been nice if you just removed armor scaling and gave the enemies fixed armor ratings. Why do Grineer need potentialy 90% armor? Why not fix it at 50% and leave it like that. Together with health increase it would keep them fair at low levels and fair at high levels? Why so complicated?

Also is this new system going to finaly make melee worthwhile? Or are we still going to hack away at a single lancer for 2 minutes?

Well let's see how it turns out.

Edited by Othergrunty
  • Upvote 5

I rather had explanation if all of the sudden our Formas at certain weapons wont happen to "suck".

Other than that, looks good "on paper", will see in game.

Well, wil we atleast get more mod slots then?

i mean ... ive onyl 8 slots and they are already filled... not included are elemental mods oO

• Upvote 1

@people who are worried about enemies levels. 
The idea is that level 40 will be the new T3 void level.
While 30 will be the endplanet level. 
This makes enemies to be more in line with Warframe levels going from 1->30. 

• Upvote 9

finally, fire DoT! I never understood why enemies weren't damaged while they had the fire effect on. then I learned to accept it. but no more! 

also the elemental combos look really cool, and I'm glad the new UI will break down the damage and actually tell you what elemental damage you will have on the weapon. 

I assume each faction will have a certain main damage resistance, and each unit will have its own resistances to certain elemental combos? cool

cool cool cool

So enemies who inflict slash and toxin damage will go straight through our shields?...man I already hated toxic ancients; now there are gonna be even more enemies to despise.

• Upvote 1

To be honest i was kinda fearful of what would be coming our way in regards to the new armor system but i can honestly say that i was happily surprised. It will require a second and third read through to take it all in but i looks awesome. 

Can't wait to start playing around with the new types of Elemental Damage. :D

Well done, DE. (cough cough well done Grineeer)

I always use all element types. In such a case can there please be a "RAINBOW ELEMENT" for me to play about with ;D

@people who are worried about enemies levels. 

The idea is that level 40 will be the new T3 void level.

While 30 will be the endplanet level. 

This makes enemies to be more in line with Warframe levels going from 1->30. 

This is not necessarily accurate.  It was stated that a level 40 enemy when this goes live will be as difficult as a level 100 enemy is now.  In no way was it stated that they were changing the levels of the mission nodes, the alerts or anything else -- as they did not say they were changing them, it is not proper to assume that they will be changing the mission levels.  It is also not proper to assume that they won't.  Thereby ...

Official clarification would be lovely.  (... and likely not forthcoming until U11 goes live.)

Is DE changing the mission levels on the system map, in the alerts, in the derelicts and in the void to account for the new difficulty?

• Upvote 2

so uh, is there any chance you might consider maybe thinking about how you're going to compensate for disrupting a lot of builds and possibly making some weapons undesirable or redundant in some people's collections

• Upvote 1

Someone said that you could check enemy resistances on the codex...but I remember you that before being able to do that,

"You gotta scan em all" (pokemon theme music in the background)

• Upvote 2

I KNEW IT!!.... Steve doesn't listen to squat we say about this, neither people care... The next elemental combination is going to be Toxin, Heat and Cold to make "Putrid", Toxin, Heat and Eletric to make "Necrosis" and Toxin, Electric and Cold to make "Bacteria". Oh, and i almost forgot, Electric, Cold and Heat to make "Death", because offcurse we need "Death" damage type... I think i forgot that combination because it don't have Toxin in it, but this doesn't stop "Radiation Poisoning" to be a damage type!

And what's worse is that i don't even think you guys can see the sarcasm because you will somehow think that stupid elemental types like "Putrid" is going to be a good element... (Seriously, VIRUS damage type?... What the is Toxin then, nerve-gas? And then what is gas going to be, plain Kitchen Gas?)

Edited by ReiganCross
  • Upvote 2

I don't think people understand that this update isn't going to make things any harder, it's just going to make things different.

• Upvote 7

That viral status effect sounds splendid! Good show DE very good show, the new lotus is rather dashing might i point out :o

Exactly what i thought it will be, OVERDONE.
Too complicated, too much stuff, 90% of our builds, polarizing, will probably be bad now. 
It should be kept simple. This is exact opposite of simple. I dont like this. 

Weapons and builds will be completly situational now. I dont want to keep 5 weapons, and 3 builds on each just to be able to kill effectively. I dont like most weapons, and this will force me into using them if i want to remain useful.

Hate me all you want, but keep going this direction, and you wont gather many players. They will be scared away, they are now, and this will make it worse.

• Upvote 5

What about "pure" damage weapons such as Synapse or Ignis? Will adding for example a cold mod results in magnetic on synapse and blast on ignis?