Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automated Message from support about trading between accounts

Screamie

Question

I made a support ticket asking if it was allowed to trade between accounts, and I received an automated message saying that they are "sorry for the delay" and "don't open multiple tickets"

I only sent in 1 ticket.

So my question is, is trading allowed between accounts? Support just completely ignored my question, and the people from forum posts aren't support, so how could they know if trading is allowed between accounts?

DO NOT TRADE BETWEEN ACCOUNTS YOU OWN.

*FULL STOP*

That's your answer.

It's been provided many times in this thread. Links to mod posts have been provided. Someone listed what they said was the location in the TOS. Even the people giving bad answers of "maybe" are also saying "Just don't get caught". Don't do it.

Play your old account or your new one. Whichever was further along, or don't if you want to have the more recent one that's a fresh play through with less mistakes.

59 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if the Trading serves to bypass normal restrictions, then no.
Daily limits or Account limits in Events, or Foundry Timers, or Et Cetera.

if it's not Trades that circumvent those things though, you'll generally be okay.

well now im getting confused and mixed answers :/

1 hour ago, (NSW)BenHiraga said:

Then why does it matter.

It matters because maybe people wanted to transfer their stuff over to a new/old account?

For instance, I made an account back in 2013-2014 and was in the closed beta and I deleted my gmail and forgot about my old account, until recently I remembered what the email and password was and wanted to know if transferring mats/blueprints was allowed, but it's not.

3 hours ago, Screamie said:

How do you know this? Have you ever been banned yourself for doing so?

Ask a question. Get an answer. Question said answer.

Could you screenshot where it says it? Maybe I missed it??

As part of questioning said answer, double down by asking the answerer to provide proof to you.

I'm not circumventing restrictions though. :/

Triple down.

2 hours ago, Screamie said:

To be honest though, that forum post was in 2015. Maybe DE had a change of heart and allowed it.

Quadruple down.

2 hours ago, Screamie said:

I never traded between my accounts.

Then why does it matter.

Trading between alts is in a very dark-grey area.

If the trade is picked-up by an anti-cheat system, and if the "wrong" person from support reviews the trade, you could be banned. And if that happens, there's basically nothing you can do.

"Technically" trading a mod to an alt-account doesn't breach the TOS, but the risk is simply not worth it.

5 minutes ago, Screamie said:

To be honest though, that forum post was in 2015. Maybe DE had a change of heart and allowed it.

Nope. If their TOS says the same thing even after 100 years, then you can get banned, and you'll be the one at fault. 

Remember, DE can ban you at any given time, and for any reason, and they have no obligation to say it to you or give you any prior notice. A "change of heart" means nothing if it is not in writing.

8 minutes ago, Screamie said:

I'm not circumventing restrictions though. :/

You might not even be saying the truth, too.

Nobody has any way of knowing the reason, other than the fact that it has happened. So, trading between owned accounts is bannable regardless of your reasons for doing it.

circumventing restrictions is what the mod is saying in the first line in that quoted reply too.

7 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Bannable.

It should be in the TOS or EULA, you know, the one people skip reading over?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

Uh, DE said so. In this forum and in the TOS. 

Ok I just tried searching up the forums but see no related forum posts (Showed 14 replies from the topic search)

I also read the EULA and TOS and nowhere does it state that trading is prohibited between accounts

(Putting these here just to show you the correct websites I read just incase I didn't read the right ones)

https://www.warframe.com/eula

https://www.warframe.com/terms

Could you screenshot where it says it? Maybe I missed it??

1 minute ago, Screamie said:

Trading between two accounts that you own, sending materials/platinum/blueprints/mods etc.

Bannable.

1 minute ago, Screamie said:

It should be in the TOS or EULA, you know, the one people skip reading over?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

If you are talking about 2 accounts you own, then absolutely no. You will be banned for doing so. If you are talking about other players, then yes you can trade.

Archived