Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.5

[DE]Connor

Now that you have completely changed how Styanax works due to what appears to be a completely broken project management/quality review process, can I please have back all the forma I invested in him? If he can't cast abilities in his 4 and can't chain his 4, he really isn't worth using. Chain casting his 4 is what made him worth playing. Casting abilities while in his 4 is what kept him viable in higher tier content. Now he's just a weapons platform and there are much better options for that. 

And I don't buy for the a second that chain casting his 4 was not intended. What other purpose does his 3 serve in his kit other than chain casting his 4 and casting other abilities while in his 4? It was pretty clear that his entire design revolved around using abilities in his 4.  This whole thing is a big oof and a disappointing and demoralizing reversion to the mean for DE. 

28 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

• Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 
    • The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done.
    • https://gfycat.com/goodnaturedkaleidoscopicanhinga 

Please revert this, the change makes Final Stand feel far less fluid to use and nerfing it for balance seems silly when there are many other similar abilities that can be cast several times in the air like Garudas 4. It was fun, it felt good and it wasn't breaking the game.

Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air.

Amazing. When the frame launched, the ability was great fun. Now you've really run it into the ground. Guaranteed Helminth replacement. I don't know why you even bother to do this in a PvE game. It's already a very weak ability thanks to a flat damage number. At least let us have fun with its ergonomics.

similar to how Transference casting is done.

That's not a justification, because that is wrong to begin with and should be changed, especially with how much operator gameplay the new updates added.

This led to players earning over 6x the amount of resources typically collected in a brief window of time, which led to false positive trade bans. 

Have you considered not trade banning people for resource farming instead? I once got banned for trying to get top place on the K-Drive scoreboards in Orb Vallis. Apparently, playing the game as intended is suspicious activity.

29 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

• Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 
    • The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done.

I am BAFFLED that you thought this was a problem that needed fixing rather than a delightful addition to his kit. You really over estimate how good a job you did on this frame to think his 4 is worth using except as a stylish alternative to much better slash or aoe weapons. People are coming back to the game because of the amusing clips of Sty flying about and you killed it. Baffling.

Styanax being in the air alot made for really interesting gameplay. I really think it makes playing styanax less fun.
You'd stay in the air not by spamming his 4, but by using his 1 and 4 together, before inevitably having to touch the ground to use his 2 and 3 anyways.

I saw myself staying in the air only by aimgliding and having to keep using his 1 for height and his 4 for speed. A start which only works on certain tiles btw.
You fall after not casting for like 3 seconds anyways so i dont see a reason to force people to go back to the ground every 10 seconds. Overall this change makes styanax less dynamic.

I'd really like to see something like being able to recast his 4 in the air if you used your 1.

Styanax follows the trend of DE releasing a frame that is even a little bit fun and unique to play, and completely nuking that fun and unique playstyle into the ground. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Styanax is just so #*!%ing OP when you compare him to Saryn, and Mesa, and Wisp, and Protea, who all have 100% uptime on all of their bullS#&$ and are more effective. At this point he's pretty much just MR and Helminth fodder. 

This part is wrongly typed. The translation is: A unique, different and fun playstyle was created by mistake. We fixed it.

Can you please explain why you deemed this change necessary? Why was Styanax flying a problem? With this you just made his 4th (and this style of gameplay) dead and the ability the de facto subsumed one.

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

I feel like these quick back-to-back hotfixes should also be used to introduce some quick-buffs to Warframes other than the newest Warframe like damage number tweaks or other QOL improvements instead of just fixing the newest frame's issues.

They don't have to change the frame a whole lot but just enough to get the community to recognize them and play the frame again. I remember seeing Caliban as being a hardly mentioned frame anymore. Now that the Archon hunts have re-introduced sentients and this hotfix talks about sentients it would also be a good time to give Caliban some additional love as being part of the sentient family for example. 

And then if the changes are too much you can always just use the next hotfix in a couple of days to revert the change. 

26 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I feel like these quick back-to-back hotfixes should also be used to introduce some quick-buffs to Warframes other than the newest Warframe like damage number tweaks or other QOL improvements instead of just fixing the newest frame's issues.

I'm not sure you understand the point of a hotfix... hotfixes are things patch-updates that are intended to fix/correct errors. Most notably they exist to quickly remove exploits and/or problematic stuff. 

QOL improvements have no place in hotfixes. There should be QA/testing for all QOL improvements. Hotfixes do not have the same QA process...

20 minutes ago, shut said:

Youre The Worst Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

The Princess Bride Thumbs Down GIF by filmeditor

(But seriously, please reconsider this. I don't see what's problematic about being able to stay in the air at the cost of energy.)

I don't see an issue with some frames able to do this but the spartan frame? Why is he flying the whole mission.... This is a good fix.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

Youre The Worst Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

The Princess Bride Thumbs Down GIF by filmeditor

(But seriously, please reconsider this. I don't see what's problematic about being able to stay in the air at the cost of energy.)

44 minutes ago, r21187 said:

DE please fix the negative reviews on steam B0E7DF46F16B0303729BA0A052E840CC443B0CB2

nerf saryn PLEASE NERF SARYN! nerf mirage prime 😭 there is too many warframes way too broken please nerf them PLEASE

Think they should nerf everything :)
So that in future we don't get dissapointed

43 minutes ago, r21187 said:

nerf saryn PLEASE NERF SARYN! nerf mirage prime 😭 there is too many warframes way too broken please nerf them PLEASE

26 minutes ago, r21187 said:

you seem to forget how DE works

if the comunity loves something

DE will nerf it

is not about being strong or usefull i mean they nerfed the AZIMA 

you know? that pistol that is useless as hell and has not crit or stats LoL

people was having too much fun with styanax and you dont come to this game to have fun 🤣 you come here to grind, so please stop having fun ok

Funny this comes from you, have you ever thought about people play what they enjoy the most? 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I don't see an issue with some frames able to do this but the spartan frame? Why is he flying the whole mission.... This is a good fix.

I get why Styanax shouldn't be able to hover indefinitely thematically. But gameplay-wise, it seems kind of silly to remove this interaction considering that it's not exactly hurting anyone or breaking the game. (Also, I haven't played much Styanax yet, but given how much his 1 relies on being airborne... removing the ability to use 4 multiple times in one jump kinda feels like it's removing a synergy.)

Out of all the weird, distinctly-not-spartan things a Styanax is capable of doing in this game, staying in the air seems super innocuous in comparison.

2 minutes ago, shut said:

I get why Styanax shouldn't be able to hover indefinitely thematically. But gameplay-wise, it seems kind of silly to remove this interaction considering that it's not exactly hurting anyone or breaking the game. (Also, I haven't played much Styanax yet, but given how much his 1 relies on being airborne... removing the ability to use 4 multiple times in one jump kinda feels like it's removing a synergy.)

Out of all the weird, distinctly-not-spartan things a Styanax is capable of doing in this game, staying in the air seems super innocuous in comparison.

IMO the ability should simply be channeled with constant energy drain instead of tap to throw 30 javelins, tap to throw 30 javelins, tap to throw 30 javelins.

Hit button, engage JAVELIN-THROW-MODE and have it suck energy for as long as it is channeled.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

adding my voice to those calling for this to be reverted, along with the previous "fix", all they do is make Styanax feel worse to play

Public needs to have ranked matchmaking. Keeping high level players in public together and low level players in public together, that way late game builds can still exist, and to have a point to playing the game. I haven't played since the title update and won't till something like this is implemented. MR 0 players in public matches should be paired and joined by MR 0 to MR 3 for example. There should be brackets of master ranks. I'm Legendary Rank 2 and should be joined by MR30 to Legendary Rank 2 players in public. This game would flourish with a mechanic like this. No more horrible changes, only good ones. Balance and progression would coexist for once.

Wow, what did Stayanax do to you guys? He's honestly a middling frame, at best, but you seem heckbent on removing everything even remotely fun. I literally do not understand nerfing an ability that leaves you largely defenseless and gives enemies a clear shot at your head. Could you guys give us a single concession? Like giving him DR while casting his 4 in the air or at least give us a limited number of in-air casts? You're just going to nerf something that, as far as I can tell, because you don't like people doing something silly? This is only proving the playerbase right when they say "fun detected, incoming nerf". You don't even say something is broken. Just... "we don't like players doing this".

If you didn't give him away with a Reactor already installed, I would have fed the freebie to Helmenth. Anyway, sorry for playing the newest Warframe, I'll go back to playing the same 5 Warframes I've been playing for the past 3 years.

Archived