Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.5

[DE]Connor

10 minutes ago, Nerdy_Dinosaur said:

Public needs to have ranked matchmaking. Keeping high level players in public together and low level players in public together, that way late game builds can still exist, and to have a point to playing the game. I haven't played since the title update and won't till something like this is implemented. MR 0 players in public matches should be paired and joined by MR 0 to MR 3 for example. There should be brackets of master ranks. I'm Legendary Rank 2 and should be joined by MR30 to Legendary Rank 2 players in public. This game would flourish with a mechanic like this. No more horrible changes, only good ones. Balance and progression would coexist for once.

No cap, this might be one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen in this game. You do realize the amount of 30+ players is WAY lower than that of players MR 12 - 15. Imagine with just how dead some nodes can be even during peak hours. This game would feel so empty for players that are even MR20+

10 minutes ago, Caidezes said:

He needs it for Steel Path missions.

lol... what?

I wouldn't say he 'needs' Final Stand for Steel Path...

IMO his 2 is far more useful than his 4 for Steel Path against Grineer and Corpus. Against Infested it could work I guess

Just now, Leqesai said:

lol... what?

I wouldn't say he 'needs' Final Stand for Steel Path...

IMO his 2 is far more useful than his 4 for Steel Path against Grineer and Corpus. Against Infested it could work I guess

Read my post again. I said he needs invulnerability/damage reduction during Final Stand in Steel Path, not that he needs the ability.

Why do you insist on nerfing frames as soon as you release them. First you beat Gyre into the ground a week after release, and now you're beating Styanax into the ground. There haven't even been any buffs to compensate for these changes which I would gladly take over a revert of you absolutely insist these changes had to happen. But fun isn't allowed, isn't that right?

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air.

The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done.

So... no fun allowed?

Why are BOTH the ability strength AND duration buffs in the Red Crystal?

Ability Strength should be a part of the Red Crystal (Damage)

Ability Duration should be a part of the Yellow Crystal (Efficiency)

Ability Range should be a part of the Blue Crystal (Support)

Also, GIVE ME BACK MY ****ING AMMO!!!!

I run Kuva Ogris and Akarius, and now I never have ammo (both with maxed-out ammo conversion mods)!

And don't use the "automation" excuse, only no-lifes do that kind of thing. Most of us use Radial weapons because they are FUN! and you ruined that fun...

#ReturnTheAmmo

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

• Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 
    • The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done.

This and the casting during 4 feel like really negative changes that either shouldn't have gone past QA, or should've just stayed in the game. Why systematically strip all of the fun out of Styanax's 4 after literally everyone gets him for free and gets to experience how well designed the kit was? I don't understand. I get that casting during his 4 broke animations, but I'd rather have seen that fixed so that it didn't break animations, not fixed out of the game. And this change? Why tho? Thanks for fixing his 1 and 3 at least, those are both very pleasant changes.

2 hours ago, DexterWolf said:

I'm having trouble understanding how Styanax spending a lot of time in the air is problematic. It was really fun and set him apart from other warframes. Seems like a really unnecessary nerf that is really only there to reduce fun for some reason

Yeah this is weird to me. He doesn't do enough damage for it to be a problem and what is the point of casting the 1 for 10 meters now?

Players: dam styanax is so good and fun. 

DE: No fun allowed, proceeds to nerf styanax into the ground.

casting pillage in air while in his for gave him some what survivability he need while in the air. styanax NEEDS to have invulnerability or damage reduction while in his 4. 

this is starting to be come a common thing with DE and a very bad message to the players. If a mod can explain a reason besides breaking the model i'de be more open to the change

oh while your at it you can nerf vauban flying by casting bastille repeatedly, since you were so fast to nerf styanax flying 

Styanax Changes & Fixes: 

• Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 
    • The facts: with the synergy of Rally Point providing Energy and Shields, you can spend almost your entire mission in the air. For transparency, this is something we caught earlier in development, but this change was missed for the release of Veilbreaker. You can still be in the air when you first cast Final Stand, but to recast, your toes must first touch a surface, similar to how Transference casting is done

Please, reconsider. It doesn't make sense to remove it, if it doesn't cause any problems. It made the gameplay more fluid and just more fun.

It was kinda silly seeing a million sentient core markers covering the screen. It was a pretty nice way to farm cores though.

I will leave feedback that I'm definitely not a fan of Kahl's mission. Not a fan of forced stealth, and not a fan of the whole scavenger hunt type stuff. That's more on me, but it sucks because it makes earning the currency a non-fun experience for me.

I cant believe yall are already nerfing Styanax. Do you not play test him before releasing? You took away his ability to cast while in his 4, which massively reduce his survivalbilty, and now we cant even recast his 4. Him being vunerable in his 4 while NOT being able to cast his CC or other abilities/recast the 4 is a massive downgrade to his survivability. I had high hopes with the new team considering how fun and different to recently released frames Styanax was at launch, but it seems like there’s already anothwr [DE]Scott.

44 minutes ago, killerKronos23 said:

Players: dam styanax is so good and fun. 

DE: No fun allowed, proceeds to nerf styanax into the ground.

casting pillage in air while in his for gave him some what survivability he need while in the air. styanax NEEDS to have invulnerability or damage reduction while in his 4. 

this is starting to be come a common thing with DE and a very bad message to the players. If a mod can explain a reason besides breaking the model i'de be more open to the change

oh while your at it you can nerf vauban flying by casting bastille repeatedly, since you were so fast to nerf styanax flying 

It seems like the new team is not so different from the old one with how quickly they relapsed into knee-jerk nerfing and anti-fun designing. It seems like players were loving Styanax a little bit too much to DE’s liking 

3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Fixed Operator Energy colors not applying to Operator cosmetics and abilities.

Hello, please fix this accordingly. I just went in-game to see if it´s fixed and still not.

My baurahn prime ephemera continues to have default lining/accent color instead of the color that I selected. The energy color itself is fixed but the lining/accent isn´t.

3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Changes:

• Sentient resource drop chances reduced from 50% to 7% in Archon Hunts specifically.
    • For some brief history on this change: Sentients used to only be found as rare enemies on Lua, so the high drop rate chance for regional resources was justified. On their inclusion in Orphix Venom in 2020, we used a custom override to their drop tables to reduce their high resource drop chance to something more sustainable. On their recent inclusion to Archon Hunts, the drop table custom override was mistakenly not added. This led to players earning over 6x the amount of resources typically collected in a brief window of time, which led to false positive trade bans. 
    • We will potentially revisit these droptables in the future to prevent needing to use a custom drop chance for these Sentients to avoid this accidentally happening again.

I seriously don't get why that bothered you AT ALL. Intact Sentient Cores barely have any use other than Quill standing. Is it really such a big deal that people with access to endgame content, which Archon Hunts undoubtedly are, can farm them in a way that's more fun than tediously killing Vomvalysts over and over?

You can't buy relic packs or anything tradable for Quill standing anyway. If the trade bans are the issue here - maybe adjust your ridiculous trade ban rules instead? Seems like the most reasonable course of action here!

The thinly vailed excuses of "Fixes" are atrocious and duplicitous and only incite increased insult to players.   Even if legitimately some kind of bug, calling it a 'fix' is insulting, and most people rarely believe it's genuinely a fix of something in most cases. 

Unbelievable overreaches and highly questionable decisions all over the place.   The future of Warframe does not look good, not that highly questionable decisions are new. 

46 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

The thinly vailed excuses of "Fixes" are atrocious and duplicitous and only incite increased insult to players.

These might have been legit fixes, but it doesn't make them any better.

Styanax was alright, this flying seemed fun and these changes were unnecessary - he wasn't imbalanced, just a mid-tier frame, and these changes impacted his survivability and strength, not much, mind you, but this was unwarranted.

I'd like to hope for devs come back and revert these changes, but realist in me says they won't.

Archived