Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.5

[DE]Connor

5 hours ago, ---HattoriIga--- said:

Waiting for an honest answer from this one... which apparently won't have or is difficult to give. :clap:

is it really a lesson? i saw many of my friends always asked will prime resurgence be back? they like this more than prime vaulted

53 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

These might have been legit fixes, but it doesn't make them any better.

Styanax was alright, this flying seemed fun and these changes were unnecessary - he wasn't imbalanced, just a mid-tier frame, and these changes impacted his survivability and strength, not much, mind you, but this was unwarranted.

I'd like to hope for devs come back and revert these changes, but realist in me says they won't.

well if u can fly forever, even it fun but it seem like a bug instead.

You know, when I heard the old guard was going to start working on SoulsFrame, I got excited. I thought to myself "Finally, some fresh eyes and minds to run the game!". But it seems to me that with Styanax it's the same old mentality. Lots of the old guard ran things into the ground. I'm sure many people still remember the "Wednesday? Better nerf Trinity" meme from a few years ago. Or when Mag was nerfed prior. Or the entire Ner%&^eddon that happened because of endless Syndicate rep farming on Draco and Xini.

Seriously, why nerf Styanax so much? He's your 50th frame! He was marketed as this glorious achievement, and now he's no better than Hydroid on release day, and we all know how bad Hydroid was back then (And still is if we're being honest). If you're idea of a glorious achievement is something as fun as a wet noodle and as powerful as a paper bag, I'd hate to see what you guys consider a failure. If you're going to nerf Styanax, why not give him something to compensate? Many of us put loads of Forma, including Umbra Forma, into him because he was a fun frame that had lots of potential. Now the only way to use him is to subsume his Final Stand off in favor of some more weapon support powers like Roar, and if I wanted to use a weapon frame I'd use Gyre, who was also left to rust.

I understand the casting of abilities in Final Stand was a bug, the animations were janky and clunky. But it was also the only way to survive. He has too many shields to shield gate properly, he has too low of armor to have any real damage reduction, Tharros Strike healing health does nothing since most enemies will just 1 shot you once you get to even the low hundreds, and you're going to die if you use Final Stand since you're a floating duck. Can you guys do something, ANYTHING, to help him survive? Add innate damage reduction to Final Stand, or increase the base damage by 3x to kill faster, or even give it some synergies with his base kit like being able to use his Axios Javelin while in Final Stand or decreasing the spread while Rally Point is active, anything. He needs something to make his Final Stand worthwhile. To subsume it off is a shame since it's pretty clear alot of work was put into it. The sound and animations are amazing, and it's a shame that most people will never hear or see them since Final Stand is a joke.

5 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Removed the ability for Styanax to recast Final Stand multiple times while in the air. 

You know, I had this feeling that Final Stand was too good to be true, and too fun to be indented. First removing casting other powers, now forcing grounded use.

Which is why I replaced it with Harrow Condemn, and went full OverShield Gun Crits build.

Thank you for confirming my feeling that Final Stand was Helminth overwrite fodder. Although it is really sad you had kill the alternant build of Heli-spears that other people were finding such joy in.

3 hours ago, BionicFreak said:

Why are BOTH the ability strength AND duration buffs in the Red Crystal?

Ability Strength should be a part of the Red Crystal (Damage)

Ability Duration should be a part of the Yellow Crystal (Efficiency)

Ability Range should be a part of the Blue Crystal (Support)

Also, GIVE ME BACK MY ****ING AMMO!!!!

I run Kuva Ogris and Akarius, and now I never have ammo (both with maxed-out ammo conversion mods)!

And don't use the "automation" excuse, only no-lifes do that kind of thing. Most of us use Radial weapons because they are FUN! and you ruined that fun...

#ReturnTheAmmo

bro malding about aoe fun nerfed in a patch notes, yeah yeah....because you cannot aim at floor at all times already.

cope about it tbh.

also, why dont try out the scavenger aura, more ammo drops.

52 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

well if u can fly forever, even it fun but it seem like a bug instead.

i can make loki able to wall latch for several minutes on end straight
my titania straight up just never runs out of razorwing energy
zephyr
my gauss has a 12 second aim glide with 0 gravity, and i can toss that onto literally any frame in the game

flying is not hard to do, let alone overpowered

3 hours ago, SlickPrime said:

I seriously don't get why that bothered you AT ALL. Intact Sentient Cores barely have any use other than Quill standing. Is it really such a big deal that people with access to endgame content, which Archon Hunts undoubtedly are, can farm them in a way that's more fun than tediously killing Vomvalysts over and over?

You can't buy relic packs or anything tradable for Quill standing anyway. If the trade bans are the issue here - maybe adjust your ridiculous trade ban rules instead? Seems like the most reasonable course of action here!

Hey, I literally just played the current archon hunt: Still got a ton of sentient drops. They didn't make the drops rare in anyway.

Seriously why do you guys keep nerfing Styanax for no reason? Do you just want his 4 to be as clunky as possible? You can't armor strip during it anymore because you removed the ability to cast other abilities during it and now you gotta touch the ground to recast it. Please let that be the last nerf on a frame that was already pretty good but not busted.

6 hours ago, Legend369 said:

Please fix the gamebreaking bug that locks out everything.  The one where abilities, shooting, jumping and menu get disabled.

I believe it has to due with the transference changes and entering and exiting operator. The only way to fix it is to die/get downed or somehow jump into a death plane. It has animation locked me into corners during archon hunts & sortie especially causing me to restart them if I don't have access to a respawn option.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, they have killed off the smooth AF ability synergy process Styanax had prior to this hotfix for incomprehensible levels of logical reasoning that is beyond our feeble mortal minds.

Still no I-Frames for Styanax's 4th ability, and no compensation has been made for the merciless arcanes.

1 hour ago, Amolistic. said:

bro malding about aoe fun nerfed in a patch notes, yeah yeah....because you cannot aim at floor at all times already.

cope about it tbh.

also, why dont try out the scavenger aura, more ammo drops.

AoE needed to be nerfed, no question there. The issue with the ammo changes is that it's impacting non AoE weapons a lot more than it should while still not directly fixing the issue with the AoE meta. Ogris/Bramma/Zarr can still be spammed, without an issue, as long as someone has dispensary in squad, arbi meta runs are proof.

Meanwhile, high fire weapons struggle immensely with the ammo changes.

Why break all weapons when only the AoE needed to be nerfed?

I will make you an example so you understand why using the ammo scavenger mods is not enough:

I was running despoil nekros, in a survival, solo (higher ammo drops), with scavenger exilus on my kuva kohm, in a sortie mission with shotgun only modifier. I was running out of ammo most of the time, while still carefully planning my shots and not just spraying everywhere hoping to hit something.

This is the issue with the ammo changes, AoE has suffered considerably less than the rest of the weapons from the changes.

2 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

is it really a lesson? i saw many of my friends always asked will prime resurgence be back? they like this more than prime vaulted

Your friends then really need to take a good look at prime resurgence prices and do some math comparing them to prime access. The difference is abysmal, wukong prime accessories cost twice as much.

7 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:
  • Fixed Sevagoth various healing abilities and Venari’s heal not activating Archon Intensify. 

Presuming this is to include Sevagoth's subsumed Gloom. It still does not appear to activate Archon Intensify in simulacrum or in mission. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb oceano4:

They could of at the least given Styanax Damage Reduction or evasion while using his 4.

Why would they? It is a pretty, pretty strong ability that can wipe steel path in a matter of seconds. Of course it needs to be counterable. Be smart when and where you cast the ability.

vor einer Stunde schrieb GiantDad21:

Seriously why do you guys keep nerfing Styanax for no reason? Do you just want his 4 to be as clunky as possible? You can't armor strip during it anymore because you removed the ability to cast other abilities during it and now you gotta touch the ground to recast it. Please let that be the last nerf on a frame that was already pretty good but not busted.

You need to differentiate between "nerfs" and "fixes". Do you really think that casting other abilities while being in the full animation swing of another ability was intended?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Hawk197:

You know, when I heard the old guard was going to start working on SoulsFrame, I got excited. I thought to myself "Finally, some fresh eyes and minds to run the game!". But it seems to me that with Styanax it's the same old mentality. Lots of the old guard ran things into the ground. I'm sure many people still remember the "Wednesday? Better nerf Trinity" meme from a few years ago. Or when Mag was nerfed prior. Or the entire Ner%&^eddon that happened because of endless Syndicate rep farming on Draco and Xini.

Seriously, why nerf Styanax so much? He's your 50th frame! He was marketed as this glorious achievement, and now he's no better than Hydroid on release day, and we all know how bad Hydroid was back then (And still is if we're being honest). If you're idea of a glorious achievement is something as fun as a wet noodle and as powerful as a paper bag, I'd hate to see what you guys consider a failure. If you're going to nerf Styanax, why not give him something to compensate? Many of us put loads of Forma, including Umbra Forma, into him because he was a fun frame that had lots of potential. Now the only way to use him is to subsume his Final Stand off in favor of some more weapon support powers like Roar, and if I wanted to use a weapon frame I'd use Gyre, who was also left to rust.

I understand the casting of abilities in Final Stand was a bug, the animations were janky and clunky. But it was also the only way to survive. He has too many shields to shield gate properly, he has too low of armor to have any real damage reduction, Tharros Strike healing health does nothing since most enemies will just 1 shot you once you get to even the low hundreds, and you're going to die if you use Final Stand since you're a floating duck. Can you guys do something, ANYTHING, to help him survive? Add innate damage reduction to Final Stand, or increase the base damage by 3x to kill faster, or even give it some synergies with his base kit like being able to use his Axios Javelin while in Final Stand or decreasing the spread while Rally Point is active, anything. He needs something to make his Final Stand worthwhile. To subsume it off is a shame since it's pretty clear alot of work was put into it. The sound and animations are amazing, and it's a shame that most people will never hear or see them since Final Stand is a joke.

I can't take anyone serious who says that Styanax isn't better than Hydroid on launch day.

Also I can use Styanax just fine in Steel Path. His 4 is wrecking everything.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can put up such a long posting, then proceed to undermine and sabotage his own message by putting so many very uninformed non-facts into his work.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb KosmicKerman:

Now that you have completely changed how Styanax works due to what appears to be a completely broken project management/quality review process, can I please have back all the forma I invested in him? If he can't cast abilities in his 4 and can't chain his 4, he really isn't worth using. Chain casting his 4 is what made him worth playing. Casting abilities while in his 4 is what kept him viable in higher tier content. Now he's just a weapons platform and their are much better options for that. 

And I don't buy for the a second that chain casting his 4 was not intended. What other purpose does his 3 serve in his kit other than chain casting his 4 and casting other abilities while in his 4? It was pretty clear that his entire design revolved around using abilities in his 4.  This whole thing is a big oof and a disappointing and demoralizing reversion to the mean for DE. 

How about building his 4 for damage that you only need one casting instead of multiple?

I absolutely don't understand why everyone is *@##$ing about his 4. The ability is so amazingly strong that nothing is left standing when he casts it. Feel free to contact me in game, I can help you and show you how it works. Or maybe you can show me the problem in these last fixes.

Archived