Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.6

[DE]Connor

22 минуты назад, Josh486 сказал:

Warframe players when bugged behavior gets patched

🤓

23 минуты назад, Oorel сказал:

it needs a good stance, but this bug was not a 'fix' for the weapon. no way theyd let anything proc 100 times a hit, get real.

this weapon deals no dmg whatsoever, the animations themselves are awesome and very smooth i don't see problem here at all 
(ok not NO DMG, but painfully lacking in high lvl missions)

Edited by Anobash
  • Like 1

Hesper was in no way was broken like Limbo's old spamming 4 dealing percentile damage to all enemies killing everything, its not causing crashes, its not making the game worse for others, its not causing issues for other players. 
On release the only thing that needed patching was his 3 overwritting other styanax's 3s.

If it were a bugged interaction that caused something serious like breaking the animation freezing him in-air, a bugged interaction causing something to hit damage cap, or something like the Bugged interaction with the negative power strength aura and nidus's link (which has long since been patched) then fair enough.

But for Styanax it just made him a lot more fun to play.

Also to clarify since I typed it in a rush, a further detail from my pervious post: ideally reworking it to function properly with his other abilities. And an even earlier post even limiting to just his base abilities and excluding all helminth abilities.

• Like 10

Imagine making Archon hunts, call them endgame content, and then make them weekly for something you can do in 15 minutes.. Whole community was hoping for endgame content, but yet again Digital Extremes failed us.. Managing to make even the Archon boss fights bad, nothing but bullet sponges, not being able to use any real battle mechanics you should be expected to use at this point of the game.. Yeah.. Time to go back to Destiny 2, as D.E has lost all my trust at this point. If they made Platinum untradeable, this game would die VERY fast. 

At least in Destiny I feel like the game respects my time, and has enough content to do for endgame players, unlike Warframe.

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Noctis_The_Buckethead said:

Also responses like this are wrong in this specific instance, this in no way was broken like Limbo's old spamming 4 dealing percentile damage to all enemies killing everything, its not causing crashes, its not making the game worse for others, its not causing issues for other players. 
On release the only thing that needed patching was his 3 overwritting other styanax's 3s.

If it were a bugged interaction that caused something serious like breaking the animation freezing him in-air, a bugged interaction causing something to hit damage cap, or something like the Bugged interaction with the negative power strength aura and nidus's link (which has long since been patched) then fair enough.

But for Styanax it just made him a lot more fun to play.

It was clearly not an intended feature. You either got frozen in place until you threw all javelins down, you got to walk in the air on literal nothingness or everything was fine, except that Styanax did the other ability's animation mid-air, like he was on the ground. 

It caused an otherwise incoherent animation queue and made you be able to multi-task with abilities, which you can't really do with other frames (unless it's intentional). But you don't see buggy, incoherent and abrupt animation changes when such features are in fact intentional ones. 

Also it does hurt the devs vision about the frame and how his ultimate ability was supposed to work. You can believe this to be the case or not, it won't change the fact that they deemed this better / healthier to Styanax's gameplay mechanics. The only thing I see should get reverted was that you could activate Rally Point mid-air without animation, which was a perfect animation-cancel mechanic that you could play out if you knew the frame well enough. But otherwise, this change is / was very justifiable.

Edited by Samhel
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Oorel said:

it needs a good stance, but this bug was not a 'fix' for the weapon. no way theyd let anything proc 100 times a hit, get real.

I mean they gave incarnon weapons so much dps they facerolls lvlcap and endless ammo to boot, yet they are far easier to acquire, Hespar should be endgame melee likewise and could have an extra status chance perk.

Buff the stance or give the weapon something extra to be good.

• Like 2

Spesificly for Styanax the abilities to recast his 4 mid-air and cast other abilities during it gave his gameplay a nice flow to it where he could combo the abilities together, and the only animation errors I noticed while using him pre-patch were it breaking during the casting of helminth abilities.

Since DE keeps on insisting to "fix" and nerf it an alternate solution would be to limit the abilities able to be casted while his 4 is active and patch/fix any animation errors caused by it. Such as preventing helminth ability casts, Allowing us to cast his 1 during the 4 animation since he is already throwing spears, and the CC of his 1 could help group enemies together more to better combo with his 4's damage and add some survivability. instead of being shot to death while casting 4, since there is no way to cancel the animation and its a somewhat long cast time.

But Helminth abilities breaking the animation of the 4 definitely would justify just preventing helminth abilities form being casted during the 4 animation.

Edited by Noctis_The_Buckethead
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Noctis_The_Buckethead said:

Spesificly for Styanax the abilities to recast his 4 mid-air and cast other abilities during it gave his gameplay a nice flow to it where he could combo the abilities together, and the only animation errors I noticed while using him pre-patch were it breaking during the casting of helminth abilities. Since DE keeps on insisting to "fix" and nerf it a better solution would be to limit the abilities able to be casted while his 4 is active and patch/fix any animation errors caused by it. Such as preventing helminth ability casts, Allowing us to cast his 1 during the 4 animation since he is already throwing spears, and the CC of his 1 could help group enemies together more to better combo with his 4's damage and add some survivability.

But Helminth abilities breaking the animation of the 4 definitely would justify just preventing helminth abilities form being casted during the 4 animation.

His second ability also broke the javelin throwing animation though 🤔 but then again, why can't I cast abilities while I'm casting Caliban's 4 or Saryn's then? You can combo some abilities like with Revenant, but you can't expect to have this mechanic just for one specific frame when a lot of the other 49 frames can't do this.

6 minutes ago, Samhel said:

His second ability also broke the javelin throwing animation though 🤔 but then again, why can't I cast abilities while I'm casting Caliban's 4 or Saryn's then? You can combo some abilities like with Revenant, but you can't expect to have this mechanic just for one specific frame when a lot of the other 49 frames can't do this.

Wait his 2nd ability broke the 4 too? 

I only ever casted his 1 and 3 during the 4 pre-patch and some helminth abilities that broke the animation. 

And as I was arguing, its because it gave Styanax something unique to do to make him stand out and was fun, if his 2 broke the 4 animation then maybe just limiting it to throwing his 1 during his 4 to gather enemies would be okay too, and maybe his 3.

Or being the earlier solution of trying to fix animation errors caused by his base abilities, preventing helminths from being casted during his 4, and to maybe balance it limiting it to 1 other ability cast during his 4 per cast of his 4.
Maybe for it to also count towards a possible mid-air recast of his 4 so players would have to choose between combo-ing his 4 + his 1 2 or 3, or spamming 4 twice in a row before landing.

Edited by Noctis_The_Buckethead
More Ideas

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Fixed the Hespar neutral attack triggering many unintended Status effects. 

It's an unfortunate bug to get for Hespar to finally see use. This weapon is not good for a multitude of reasons, and even more unfortunate that balancing weapons for relatively equal use is not a design goal.

Edited by rainy
hyperlinked Hesper Analysis
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Turboameeba said:

At least in Destiny I feel like the game respects my time, and has enough content to do for endgame players, unlike Warframe.

Yup Destiny 2 lately is just been superior to WF. Better content, better balance/changes, better activities. if the current state of Warframe get worse with the constant nerfs to fun and nerfs in general i'll just become a full Destiny 2 player.

• Like 9

Styanax 4 changes make since but he suffers being a giant target when its used and doesnt really synergize with his kit since you loose all the shields you build up with your 3 which makes you less effective for his passive. He needs invincibility in his 4 to make it a viable move. It kills slower than most decent weapons in high level content so having the invulnerability time wouldn't really be op. But It would allow his 4 to synergize with his kit making the choice to helminth an ability on to him harder. All you have done is make it a free slot (funny you mentioned Sol gate in the change since it suffers the same fate of free-slot-itis)

1 минуту назад, killerKronos23 сказал:

Yup Destiny 2 lately is just been superior to WF. Better content, better balance/changes, better activities. if the current state of Warframe get worse with the constant nerfs to fun and nerfs in general i'll just become a full Destiny 2 player.

Yeah, go buy some DLCs
Y3b8lRV.png
There is literally nothing to do in a base game.

• Like 7

Your stubborness over the years only bleeds players's patience.

Years ago you embraced coptering and negative power strength nova, alternative ways of playing that your players discovered.

Now, every single time something fun or positive for the player is discovered, it's straight removed from the game.

GG DE, nice to see that things don't change even with someone different in the chair.

Castanas trinity, Xoris, Khora, SE efficient farm, Archons being affected by abilities, Azima, Hespar, Propa.

Edited by krazox
  • Like 8