Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.6

[DE]Connor

Hespar´s fix

The Hespar´s bug wasn´t that game breaking. It was more like a buff. The weapons scaling on release was it´s big drawback. When it was bugged the 200+ slash procs made up for it. Even bugged it had a limiting factor that kept it in check, that was it´s poor fallow throw. On a single target, yes it was OP but for a group it wasn´t that effective since the status would spread to other enemies while trying to hit one of them thus reducing it´s damage output on a single target.

Now the weapon is as weak as it was on release, barely being able to handle lvl 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Which is pathetic for a weapon that is in the end zone of the Starchart, with parts locked behind low chances of acquisition and that also needs to be crafted afterword.

I hope that Hespar gets a review of some sorts. This experience is a great one to learn from and apply it in game. Maybe it can get a gimmick in which for each kill you do with it, it gets 1 additional slash proc up to 70 or on status proc it´s range and fallow throw increases or for every combo count it multiplies the normal amount of status (example: at x12 combo it deals 12xnumber of regular procs).

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

7 minutes ago, Damnedskycelmic said:

The Hespar´s bug wasn´t that game breaking.

It was utterly gamebreaking lol. It was a several times stronger than the most busted melee weapons. It however also had pathetic follow through that even with its obscenely overpowered status, it STILL struggled in crowds, on top of the nature of its stance having very few strikes with little coverage to begin with, long swing times and little damage. An enormous heavy scythe.... struggling in crowds.

Scythes were literally a tool of agriculture for their sweeping efficiency. You cleaved a patch at a time in a single sweep, yet Hespar with 0.4 follow through is really a single-target weapon. It's so backwards...

scythe weed whacker GIF

Also one final bit about Stayanx, Sure most other frames with long 4 animations cannot overlap casting abilities but lets compare him to the example given by DE.

The issue: Styanax having difficulties surviving during the casting of his 4, it not being able to be sped up with natural talent and other sources of increasing cast speed, and being able to spam it mid-air being removed because his 3 allows for energy regeneration. 

For the spamming of his 4 plenty of other frames are able to spam abilities almost non-stop due to various sources of energy regen/gain such as arcanes, Zenurk, other warframe's restoring it, Energy siphon, and mods like rage/hunter adrenaline.

Wisp lacks these weakness/problems because she is able to Cancel her 4 animation by toggling off the ability, gains a massive health regen, can have a CC buff active at all times to shock enemies that get close, can be invisible during it by casting her 2, can blind all enemies around her shortly before and after casting her 4, and her 4 can be sped up (both entering and existing animations) by using natural talent.

Meanwhile Styanax's 4 cannot be sped up with natural talent, is not a toggle ability that he can freely exit at any time, and has to play through the whole animation before he is able to either escape to safety, use operator to recover health using one of the operator arcanes, or vazarin. and his shields per kill is nice as long as the shields is nice but on its own is not enough to ensure safety during the whole cast time of his 4.

If DE is unwilling to compromise on allowing at least his 1 from being casted during his 4 to CC the enemies shooting at him and grouping them up easier to nuke them and using the CC of his 1 to take the heat off his shields for a bit to allow them to regen back up, than at least consider some alternatives like being able to speed up the rate at of throwing the spears with natural talent or allowing him to roll out of his 4 to cancel the animation if in danger.

Made a quick check of Styanax's color channels for any potential issues post swap. So far so good! I'm usually reticent with these kind of changes due possible tint mixing or forgotten spots issues arising, but I can't find any, so I guess I'm more confident on these post launch changes.

Thanks for the good work and feedback action there Art team, keep it up! :)

Curious if the Tempestarii Railjack skin's weird blue energy issue will ever get fixed, and now the Eros Wings Ephemera are permanently white with blue energy. Both cosmetic issues, so I do feel they will continue staying on the back burner :o

ok and the azima? that was intended?!

YOU NERFED THE AZIMA?! a gun that is supposed to be RARE that has not crit or status stats YOU NERFED?! or is just a bug? 

i am hoping and waiting to this be a bug cause if this was a nerf i will lose my mind 

i mean i can UNDERSTAND the aoe nerf, fine you hate the comunity 

but the azima? FOR REAL?! 

i LOVE the latron pirme, the aklex prime 

when will you trow some love for us semi players? i only see hate for aoe and not from comunity people was fine is DE that dont like the comunity has fun like i just cant i just cant i need to go somewhere like i dont know the steam webpage of warframe maybe?

@[DE]Momaw

When are you guys going to address the abysmal difference between prime accessories prices in prime resurgence and the old prime (un)vault??

with the old prime vault all prime accessories packs were worth 17.77€ each

wukong prime accessories in prime resurgence are 35.54€ if you buy 2 of the 3 Regal aya packs or 36.99€ if you buy the 7 Regal aya pack.

An honest answer on this topic would be appreciated. (Even tho it's the 3rd or 4th different hotfix topic in which players keep asking about this issue and you keep ignoring it)

2 hours ago, Ryujin said:

What's wrong with propa? Haven't read patch notes In a while.

I was wondering the same thing,

Reading the wiki and some other comments,  it appears that the headshot AOE changes had an impact on the Propa, so now a body shot deals more damage than a head shot apparently.

Given how elite the eidolon community can be, it doesn't surprise me that the original commenter would use the word cringe when talking about the change. 

3 hours ago, Aceofgods said:

Make Archon Hunt daily, please.

I would much rather ask for weekly timegating to be removed entirely, and rather have an RNG based system as the easy answer, or adding a fractional currency/resource for the shards as mentioned here but I'll ask for the more likely possibility of change if nothing else is to be done at all.

Agreed, If for no other reason than,

Math: If there are 50 unique warframes (substitute the primes for the frames that have them) and each frame has 5 shard slots; In its current form that means, it will take 250 weeks to max shards for every warframe, which is just shy of 4.8 years! Even if a player farms BOTH their shard from the archon AND from the Khal Stock, this will still take 2.5 YEARS, ++ New frames that are added each year adding to that number.

I understand that the idea isnt that a player SHOULD be able to max shards on every frame but the sheer amount of time here begs a change as stated above^

I don't know if it is intended that way but vigourous swap and the new "on equip:" mods doesn't work with exalted weapons like Mesa's Peacemakers, Hildrin's Balefire and Ivara's Artemis Bow like before, it used to work when you change from a Exalted to any weapon you get the buff and in this patch notes didn't tell about this change so I don't know if its a problem or is that way how it works.

Archived