Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.6

[DE]Connor

On 2022-09-16 at 2:48 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Changes:

• Swapped the Tertiary and Accent material channels on Styanax, Styanax’s Helmets, and the Afentis to better match player expectations and be in-line with other Warframe’s material channels.

Fashion-framers everywhere rejoice!

But can you please also do this for the Lining layer for the Operator outfits: Harrier, Kubrodon Ventkid, and Outrider?

Not only are they the only ones whose Lining channel isn't tied to their metallics, their metallics aren't even tied to the same channel as each other!!! Both for Harrier, and Primary or Secondary for the other two?!? They can't hardly match anything else!! It's my firm opinion that the "main" metallic should always be Accent/Lining, for consistency, and then a secondary metallic or metal-like or shiny material should be in Tertiary. Way more things would match each other nicely, instead of making you choose super conservative and boring limited selections of color just because they're the only ones that look okay both as a fabric and as a metallic. So ideally Harrier and Bishamo would both follow that convention as well. But honestly it wouldn't have to be Tertiary, as long as it consistently was not set as Primary, it could be Tertiary or Secondary.

Also the Stranger's Hood is SEARINGLY bright on its current Primary channel, making it clash with 99% of any other outfits. Also the Stranger's Hood's Eyes being tied to Lining instead of Tertiary feels off, with it not being metallic.

Attachments could use the same love, badly. most noticeably with the ENTIRE TENNOCON SETS, as well as the Arca, Elexis Latron, Eos Prime, Gazal, Hexis (Primary channel should not be metallic, imo), Hulta, Kuva (can't match the OTHER Kuva armors???), Lokan, Maggor, Pakal (ditto Hexis), Porta Day of the Dead, Prisma Avia, Prisma Daedalus, Prisma Edo, Prisma Latron, Prisma Naberus, Quaro, Shi, Tannukai, and Vetala. Oh, and the Focus School badges.

These ^ 30ish (if I counted correctly and identified them all) sets don't even all match each other, as some have their metallic on their primary channel, some secondary, and some tertiary, and the ones that have two channels don't all share the same two! Meanwhile there's EVERY prime (minus Eos) armor, 13 of them, that set and match the "standard" (alongside Prime Warframes themselves) for Metallics being on the Accent channel. Meanwhile there's over 40 non-prime attachments that have their metallics on the Accent channel.

It's a almost a 2:1 ratio once you add them all up! That's a THIRD of ALL (metallic-using) ATTACHMENTS that DON'T MATCH the OTHER TWO THIRDS!!

Sorry for the heat I've just been waiting for this to be handled for years. It's SUPREMELY irksome that you can't even pair the Tennocon armors with other Prime Armors, or the Dex Raksaka armor which is also explicitly Lotus-themed.

On the Warframe Helmets/Skins side as well, there's mismatches:
Ash's Default, Scorpion, and Locust sets
Chroma's Default , Amaru, and Drac sets
Ember's BackDraft, Vermillion set (I'll miss one of my favorite Ember fashions if you fix this but it's worth it if you fix the rest <3), her Default also seems to have un-colorable metallic channels
Equinox's Default, Solstice, and Clisthert also seems to have uncolorable metallic channels (Default Equinox's skin is uniquely intentionally split to have Tertiary and Accent be expressed only on Night and Day respectively so maybe we need to give her a pass on this whole effort)
Excalibur's Amethyst, Onyx, Proto (Helmet).
Frost Harka (skin)
Gara Default (Helmet), Virago
Hydroid Default (Helmet)
Inaros Default (Helmet)
Ivara Loxley and Zirastra and Default (uncolorable metallics)
Loki Knave (secondary Channel and uncolorable metallics)
Mag Default, Amethyst, Coil, Gauss, and Immortal with Uncolorable metallics.
Mesa's Presidio and Projectilyst (metallic primary)
Nekros Default and Raknis and Shroud and Mortos Binds with uncolorable metallics

.... I'm tapping out for now, but that's a lot of things whose ONLY metallic channel is on something OTHER THAN ACCENT/LINING.

On 2022-09-24 at 5:18 PM, Grav_Starstrider said:

Can you please also do this for the Lining layer for the Operator outfits: Harrier, Kubrodon Ventkid, and Outrider?

They can't hardly match anything else!! It's my firm opinion that the "main" metallic should always be Accent/Lining, for consistency, and then a secondary metallic or metal-like or shiny material should be in Tertiary.
Way more things would match each other nicely, instead of making you choose super conservative and boring limited selections of color just because they're the only ones that look okay both as a fabric and as a metallic. So ideally Harrier and Bishamo would both follow that convention as well. But honestly it wouldn't have to be Tertiary, as long as it consistently was not set as Primary, it could be Tertiary or Secondary. But ALL 2-metallic things should use the same 2 channels! Please!

When it comes to attachments that have a metallic channel, it's a almost a 2:1 ratio once you add them all up!
That's a THIRD of ALL (metallic-using) ATTACHMENTS that DON'T MATCH the OTHER TWO THIRDS!!

TLDR'ed cuz that was a lot. But I stand by my statement. Fashion frame is drastically less flexible and open-ended when you're stuck trying to find colors that look tolerable as both flat/matte materials AND metallic at the same time.

Just finished playing the second kahl's garrison mission for the 100th time, because all 5 of the genestamps dont appear in the levels.  I meticulously covered every inch of the map every time and only came up with a maximum of 4 stamps.  Finally after many many tries,  I managed to pick up all 5, being that the genestamps dont appear in the same spot in each instance.  HOWEVER,  upon completing this final mind numbing challenge,  Warframe crashed and upon logging back in, my progress was not saved, i do not have all 5 genestamps and i cannot get the last archon mod.  I will wait for the next mission on this one.  yea.  not playing this anymore.

On 2022-09-16 at 11:48 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Changes:

• Swapped the Tertiary and Accent material channels on Styanax, Styanax’s Helmets, and the Afentis to better match player expectations and be in-line with other Warframe’s material channels.
    • You will notice the colors of your fashion have changed upon log-in. A quick swap of the colors between your Tertiary and Accent channels will restore your fashion to what it was before this Hotfix!

Now if only you'd do this across the entirety of cosmetic armor and operator cosmetics. Where it actually matters.

Pls fix the bug that makes Warframe unable to move and use abilities seems to be caused when using transfer too quickly...

22 hours ago, MikeyColeman281 said:

Just finished playing the second kahl's garrison mission for the 100th time, because all 5 of the genestamps dont appear in the levels.  I meticulously covered every inch of the map every time and only came up with a maximum of 4 stamps.  Finally after many many tries,  I managed to pick up all 5, being that the genestamps dont appear in the same spot in each instance.  HOWEVER,  upon completing this final mind numbing challenge,  Warframe crashed and upon logging back in, my progress was not saved, i do not have all 5 genestamps and i cannot get the last archon mod.  I will wait for the next mission on this one.  yea.  not playing this anymore.

This happened to me, I spent 2 hours on the mission just to find the 5th genestamps, I searched every corner of the map and found NOTHING. After 6 attempts I gave up!

Archived