Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we use Archon Shards slots to link Augments to Warframes, at the expense of possible stat buffs?

Yaerion

Title.

Our mod slots in the arsenal haven't evolved in years, while many enemies gained increased resistances to all of our powers, many new augments & interesting mod sets appeared, and you are currently investing time and efforts in buffing all underused augments.

If we don't use augments is not because we don't want them, but simply because we can't make space for them! Over the years, you added more and more mandatory mods without expanding our modding possibilities. This could be an attempt to unclutter a bit our arsenal, while making your efforts on augments worth it.

Also, given the rate of obtaining these Archon Shards and our stockpile of warframes, it will help us benefit from all these empty spaces.

The next step could be "layers of secondary slots" in the Arsenal, that could activate under certain conditions in missions (above certain enemy level thresholds, or if the player delivers some requirements of gameplay, etc)... But that's another suggestion, so I'll just stop here.

4 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

Title.

Our mod slots in the arsenal haven't evolved in years, while many enemies gained increased resistances to all of our powers, many new augments & interesting mod sets appeared, and you are currently investing time and efforts in buffing all underused augments.

If we don't use augments is not because we don't want them, but simply because we can't make space for them! Over the years, you added more and more mandatory mods without expanding our modding possibilities. This could be an attempt to unclutter a bit our arsenal, while making your efforts on augments worth it.

Also, given the rate of obtaining these Archon Shards and our stockpile of warframes, it will help us benefit from all these empty spaces.

The next step could be "layers of secondary slots" in the Arsenal, that could activate under certain conditions in missions (above certain enemy level thresholds, or if the player delivers some requirements of gameplay, etc)... But that's another suggestion, so I'll just stop here.

yep, more mods slots will be nice since most of the time we all have to either ditch survivability for more warframe powers or you can have some survivability but theres no place for quality of life mods already.

an additional (secondary slot like you mentioned) slot will definitely feel much better in terms of modding...

We have 10 mod card slots right now. What they could do to keep you from being more powerful stat wise is multiply across your mods so you are always at an equivalent of 10 mods. Example, let's say you want 11 mods, (10 base plus an extra 1) your mods' stats will be devided by 1.1, 12 mods/1.2, 13 mods/1.3, and so on. You get to equip more than 10 mods, but they will always have the total strength of 10 mods. More interface work on DE's end, but the code calculation should be easy... for the most part.

As always, I look forward to constructive criticism and discussion. 

Le 17/09/2022 à 06:08, Tyreaus a dit :

Sure - if the shard cost is related to the augment's worth. As I've said before, not all augments are made equal.

It would be complicated, and I spoke about augment taking slots, not requiring shards (given the slow rate of obtaining them). The process to link an augment should require some cost though (in resources or something else (see below)).

Le 17/09/2022 à 07:14, CosoMalvadoNG a dit :

Let's cut fast: The developers already said NO to this several times. Have a nice day.
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It's the purpose of feedback to try to make the developers change their minds, with new arguments ^^

Le 17/09/2022 à 13:45, Arcticblizzard a dit :

We have 10 mod card slots right now. What they could do to keep you from being more powerful stat wise is multiply across your mods so you are always at an equivalent of 10 mods. Example, let's say you want 11 mods, (10 base plus an extra 1) your mods' stats will be devided by 1.1, 12 mods/1.2, 13 mods/1.3, and so on. You get to equip more than 10 mods, but they will always have the total strength of 10 mods. More interface work on DE's end, but the code calculation should be easy... for the most part.

As always, I look forward to constructive criticism and discussion. 

Interesting idea.

But I'd rather have control over the nerfed things. For example, linking an augment into a shard slot could cost stat penalty to our warframe (like a power branching): we could choose to loose 75 health/armor/shields (maybe not shields, to avoid shield gating problems), or 8% critical chance or damage for example.

Archived