Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 Aya for 5 Void Traces is quite literally the worst deal in the game


Darthplagueis13

Recommended Posts

So, you can trade Aya for Void Traces now. That's not fundamentally a bad concept and I can imagine scenarios where this might be useful.

 

If it weren't for one issue, that is: 1 Aya for 5 Void Traces is a god-awful conversion rate. If I need 5 Void Traces, I'll do a quick Lith Fissure run with no relic equipped, which is gonna take me like 2 minutes for most mission types because the enemy levels are so low and get a guaranteed minimum of 6 Traces (and a maximum of 30, mind you) provided I pick up enough reactant.

Compare this to Aya, a ressource with no guaranteed source that is either obtained from completing bounties (which is gonna take much longer than your average lith fissure mission), opening relic packs (which requires, well, a relic pack which is inherently a somewhat slow farm) or missions in the Void (with the drop chance being tied to how quickly the respective mission type can be finished).

I get that it's technically a time saver if you have left-over Aya in your inventory and already own all the primes in the game but I still think it should be a better deal.

Considering Aya is somewhat rare to come by, I think you should at least get 45 Traces for one Aya, which just so happens to be the maximum amount of Traces  you can get in a non-endless Relic Run with no ressource boosters active.

You'd still be better off doing fissures for Traces, but at this point I can at least imagine some situations where this trade would make sense for a reasonable player (for instance, if you have just over 55 Traces, bringing one Relic up to radiant is going to be better for farming a rare reward than opening two relics with either both Exceptional or one intact and one flawless. Of course, that doesn't quite account for the fact that after running one flawless you might just get enough traces as a reward to bring a second relic up to flawless which would technically yield a better chance for the rare than running a single radiant relic) which right now, I really cannot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

If it weren't for one issue, that is: 1 Aya for 5 Void Traces is a god-awful conversion rate. If I need 5 Void Traces, I'll do a quick Lith Fissure run with no relic equipped, which is gonna take me like 2 minutes for most mission types because the enemy levels are so low and get a guaranteed minimum of 6 Traces (and a maximum of 30, mind you) provided I pick up enough reactant.

Which is kinda backwards thinking, just as the last time around when people said the same about the ducats. Sure you can go crack a relic for more void traces, but the thing with the Aya is that you dont need to trade it in for a relic and then crack the relic to get the 5 traces or ducats. Which means you wont end up with yet another relic in your collection of potentially thousands upon thousands of relics that already need cracking in order to not just gather pixel dust.

So think of it like this. Would you rather just have the Aya sit in your inventory/void stash, or would you like 5 traces or ducats in your hand? I wish I could trade relics in straight up for 5 traces or ducats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Which is kinda backwards thinking, just as the last time around when people said the same about the ducats. Sure you can go crack a relic for more void traces, but the thing with the Aya is that you dont need to trade it in for a relic and then crack the relic to get the 5 traces or ducats. Which means you wont end up with yet another relic in your collection of potentially thousands upon thousands of relics that already need cracking in order to not just gather pixel dust.

So think of it like this. Would you rather just have the Aya sit in your inventory/void stash, or would you like 5 traces or ducats in your hand? I wish I could trade relics in straight up for 5 traces or ducats.

He isn't talking about using the aya to get a relic and then get the traces, he's talking about just getting the traces themselves.

5 Traces is AWFUL. Considering the MINIMUM we get for a 1-2 min capture mission is 6, it's instantly better just doing the capture. There's 0 reason to use the aya for the traces other than wasting aya.

You're better using the aya to buy the relic to get both MORE traces, AND a prime part. Not doing so is just wildly innefficient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

He isn't talking about using the aya to get a relic and then get the traces, he's talking about just getting the traces themselves.

5 Traces is AWFUL. Considering the MINIMUM we get for a 1-2 min capture mission is 6, it's instantly better just doing the capture. There's 0 reason to use the aya for the traces other than wasting aya.

You're better using the aya to buy the relic to get both MORE traces, AND a prime part. Not doing so is just wildly innefficient.

You clearly did not get my point at all. 

If you already have hundreds or thousands of relics to crack, getting 1 more with the aya just adds to the stockpile as opposed to handing it over for traces or ducats. You will only get value that is higher than 5 traces or ducats if you are at a point where you have no other relics to spend time on cracking. Aslong as you already have relics to crack you will effectively get nothing from the aya unless you need parts from the relics you can buy with it. You'd simply replace one relic for another to crack while handing over the aya simply gives you something instead of having it end up on your stockpile of still uncracked relics.

Just now, Grommile said:

I already have so much cabbage backlog I could start a coleslaw factory.

That guy gets it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You clearly did not get my point at all. 

If you already have hundreds or thousands of relics to crack, getting 1 more with the aya just adds to the stockpile as opposed to handing it over for traces or ducats. You will only get value that is higher than 5 traces or ducats if you are at a point where you have no other relics to spend time on cracking. Aslong as you already have relics to crack you will effectively get nothing from the aya unless you need parts from the relics you can buy with it. You'd simply replace one relic for another to crack while handing over the aya simply gives you something instead of having it end up on your stockpile of still uncracked relics.

That guy gets it!

And you didn't get my point.

Doesn't matter if you have hundereds or thousands of relics. You STILL GET MORE traces just opening a relic PLUS ducat fodder. It's never better buying 5 traces for 1 aya when you can get 6-30+a prime part

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

And you didn't get my point.

Doesn't matter if you have hundereds or thousands of relics. You STILL GET MORE traces just opening a relic PLUS ducat fodder. It's never better buying 5 traces for 1 aya when you can get 6-30+a prime part

What you get from the aya is free and instant. The shortest of fissures take 30-40 sec if we ignore picking relics and loadtimes. Aya is simply turned in at the vendor and done. There is no reason to save them for other relics if you dont need something specific from them, because you will never get around to opening the relics you buy most likely, so you practically get nothing from trading them in for a relic.

So the return of 5 of either currency is still good, since it is free and instant and doesnt just add to your already large pile of uncracked relics. It is simply extra ontop of whatever else you need/get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb SneakyErvin:

free and instant.

It's quite literally not free. It costs 1 Aya, a ressource that is wildly more difficult to get and slower to grind than Void Traces.

 

And again, my point isn't that there shouldn't be an option to trade, my point is that the amount of traces you get should be somewhat comparable to the amount of effort you have to put into getting the Aya.

For instance: The fastest single mission you can run that rewards Aya is Ukko in the void, which has an 8% drop chance, meaning you get about one Aya every twelve runs. Why should twelve capture missions worth of effort be exchanged for less than the amount of currency you can get in a single fissure (which may well be a capture mission as well)?

Even if you add some kind of "convenience tax" on there (which is kind of silly considering that Aya is not a convenient ressource to obtain) it's still just not that reasonable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about 5 ducats for 1 aya? 🤡

The person who assigned those values never plays the game. If you average the time cost of getting a single aya they should buy you ~100 traces and ~200 ducats

12% drop rate from Ukko (from last year), so thats 8-9 missions per aya,

In that time you will do 5 quick mission relic runs (cause they are still slower) you will have 200+ ducats worth of primes and 90-100 traces (with no booster or cat luck), roughly approximating.  And you farm both at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

It's quite literally not free. It costs 1 Aya, a ressource that is wildly more difficult to get and slower to grind than Void Traces.

 

And again, my point isn't that there shouldn't be an option to trade, my point is that the amount of traces you get should be somewhat comparable to the amount of effort you have to put into getting the Aya.

For instance: The fastest single mission you can run that rewards Aya is Ukko in the void, which has an 8% drop chance, meaning you get about one Aya every twelve runs. Why should twelve capture missions worth of effort be exchanged for less than the amount of currency you can get in a single fissure (which may well be a capture mission as well)?

Even if you add some kind of "convenience tax" on there (which is kind of silly considering that Aya is not a convenient ressource to obtain) it's still just not that reasonable.

But it is simply extra income, unless you need the aya for the specific relics. They could simply not have the system there and force you to pick a relic you wouldnt need in the end instead, like how it was previously, where getting a vaulted relic would just be another on the pile. Now I can atleast trash it for traces or ducats instead of nothing.

No one in their right mind would run Ukko (or any other aya mission) either unless they are specifically after the unvaulted relics (aya). If you are farming anything else you should very likely target farm the different disruption missions since it narrows down the drops to very specific relics and increases their chance to drop significantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People have been asking for a way to dissolve relics for years. This is basically DEs answer to that. If you don't want another relic to add to the pile, here's 5 ducats instead.

Maybe 10 ducats would've been a better number, but naturally DE would rather you use the Aya to buy a relic and then open said relic.

It's not going to appeal to everyone, and that's fine. If you'd rather buy a relic and crack it open, then of course that is going to be the better option. It would be stupid for Aya to give a better result than opening a relic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-09-17 at 6:40 AM, Darthplagueis13 said:

So, you can trade Aya for Void Traces now. That's not fundamentally a bad concept and I can imagine scenarios where this might be useful.

 

If it weren't for one issue, that is: 1 Aya for 5 Void Traces is a god-awful conversion rate. If I need 5 Void Traces, I'll do a quick Lith Fissure run with no relic equipped, which is gonna take me like 2 minutes for most mission types because the enemy levels are so low and get a guaranteed minimum of 6 Traces (and a maximum of 30, mind you) provided I pick up enough reactant.

Compare this to Aya, a ressource with no guaranteed source that is either obtained from completing bounties (which is gonna take much longer than your average lith fissure mission), opening relic packs (which requires, well, a relic pack which is inherently a somewhat slow farm) or missions in the Void (with the drop chance being tied to how quickly the respective mission type can be finished).

I get that it's technically a time saver if you have left-over Aya in your inventory and already own all the primes in the game but I still think it should be a better deal.

Considering Aya is somewhat rare to come by, I think you should at least get 45 Traces for one Aya, which just so happens to be the maximum amount of Traces  you can get in a non-endless Relic Run with no ressource boosters active.

You'd still be better off doing fissures for Traces, but at this point I can at least imagine some situations where this trade would make sense for a reasonable player (for instance, if you have just over 55 Traces, bringing one Relic up to radiant is going to be better for farming a rare reward than opening two relics with either both Exceptional or one intact and one flawless. Of course, that doesn't quite account for the fact that after running one flawless you might just get enough traces as a reward to bring a second relic up to flawless which would technically yield a better chance for the rare than running a single radiant relic) which right now, I really cannot.

Wish we could trade unwanted relics for void traces. Figured no more than 18 which the average amount you can get solo. Tired of holding onto thousands of relics for nothing. Only using them for void traces and I hate how long it’s taking to do that when I could just trade them for void traces and farm for wanted relics to use the void traces on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-09-17 at 7:13 PM, Darthplagueis13 said:

It's quite literally not free. It costs 1 Aya, a ressource that is wildly more difficult to get and slower to grind than Void Traces.

I don't go looking for Aya.

Aya just shows up in my drops from time to time.

I have an enormous backlog of relics.

It happens to be the case that there are still vaulted primes that I want, so I'm not going to cash my Aya in for ducats/traces; I'm going to buy the vaulted relics that have the parts I want in them.

But once I have all the vaulted primes, buying relics for Aya doesn't get me any void traces or ducats at all. It just makes my enormous backlog (that I will never get through, because I spend most of my gameplay time doing things that are not relic cracking, and so my pile of relics naturally expands over time) bigger.

At that point, cashing in Aya for ducats or void traces starts to make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I think the trade is a bad deal, one thing you are not taking into consideration is that Aya effectively increases the max amount of void traces you can stock up. Basically there is no cap now.

So basically, a bad trade is better than no trade at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And if you're as bougie as I am and refuse to play without a resource booster on because the resource grind in this game is awful, then the minimum you can get is 12.  I have so many relics that I could start running them all blindly right now and probably not run out until the game dies.  And I still wouldn't trade aya for 5 traces.  I'd rather it sit in my inventory and do nothing than get ripped off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...