Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration

Thib19

Hello !

It would be very nice to (finally) stabilize the host migration. In 5min, 2 missions in a row in the Zariman, the host left and :

*1st time I had to Alt+f4

*2nd time I just respawned in my orbiter, as if nothing happened, and all I did in the mission was lost...

Also happened last time while we were killing an angel, and we couldn't deal any damage anymore...

They have (minimal) settings that let you 'filter' hosts by ping, etc., so surely adding a nice little setting as to whether you're willing to be host or not would be a good interim help? I know when I wind up host, I try to stick it out until last man's out the door, and only if I'm client I'll go when I like since it won't hurt anyone, and I'd like to think others would choose the same mentality if they had the option to disable being host when they know they won't be able or willing to stick around longer. 

No replacement for a fix, but HM seems such a baked in issue I doubt it'll be magicked away in a random hotfix, and a way to work around it in the meantime should hopefully help. 

Ping is not the issue, if the host just decodes to leave, or has to leave due to something coming up IRL. They are actively leaving the mission. Or, in SO, they make the decision to just not go through the portal, after others have. This breaks things. In SO, the efficiency timer keeps counting down during host migration, and you lose all active skill stacks. This results in SO suddenly gaining a difficulty spike for that round, if cast any skills prior to the host migration.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've experienced so far:

- Every host migration I encountered at the extraction point of any zariman mission resulted "Mission Failed" and lose all rewards and progress.

- Some host migrations just froze the game entirely and I had to alt+F4 or alt+ctrl+del and end task the game

The last time it happened I just alt+F4 and exit steam. Not fun at all.

At this point I don't care anymore and just won't touch zariman ever again at least until DE fix the issue or found a way to remove host migration entirely.

Just found this thread after creating my own on Host Migration issues.

Literally EVERY MISSION I have run today has crashed with Host Migration being the root cause. The running total of mission crashes in a row is 8 right now.

This game is rapidly becoming unplayable... and me with $200 burning in my pocket that I WON'T SPEND on Warframe until these issues are resolved.

Posting a copy/paste of what I just posted on the thread I began: hoping more eyes on the message will somehow get DE to respond/fix this faster.

Just posting again on this subject... here and in other places.

Literally EVERY GROUP GAME I have played in has had a Host Migration occur.

This happens when we're working on a common goal (like taking down Laphentis in today's daily challenge): suddenly, "Host Migration" pops up, and progress is lost... you cannot continue the mission even solo.

After having this happed FOUR TIMES IN A ROW, it gets old. FAST.

Please DE: find root cause and fix this... this is ruining group play completely.

Stevens: as I reported on the other Hosting Issues I started: shutting off crossplay does NOT seem to fix things. I've played in multiple games and still get "Host Migration" messages seemingly for no reason.

I am on a high-end PC with solid internet.

I am thinking it is an issue that DE needs to solve.

Seems like I might be posting into the void (as far as DE is concerned), but I will persist until this problem is fixed.

Just tried TWO runs trying to do the weekly Archon run... round two, 10 waves.

"Host Migration..." again...

...lose entire group.

Now solo.

Got far, but not completed.

As a group, we were rocking it.

I don't want this to become a solo-only game for me.

I generally love the community on here, and am looking forward to being able to give my first Bless SOON...

...but this is just killing the spirit of me wanting to play.

I don't want to have to do 3, 4, 5, etc. runs to try and complete something that should be able to be done with a solid pub group in ONE run.

DE, if you're listening at all: PLEASE FIX THESE HOST MIGRATION ISSUES.

Please.

Even trading is tedious.

If someone invites me anywhere except their DOJO I won`t be teleported with them 100% of the time. I just get kicked out of the party.

If someone invite me to their DOJO there is, I say 50% chance that the invite will work and I will be ported to DOJO.

If I am the host the trading is all over the place. Trading window gets stuck and become unresponsive. It work for the other person tho.

When I was invited to Maroo`s Bazaar I was thrown into sigle player instance and didn`t see any players involving my party member.

Please DE just make it migrate me to solo if it can't connect to the new host! It should NEVER kick people out of a mission for something that is not their fault, it's your game that picked the new host and picked wrong.

This isn't only about zariman, any open world has this problem too, just now I played deimos for the 3 mech nightwave challenge, and after we did that the host just left instantly, causing migration and failed, which forced me back to the hub, I assume I lost all the mech parts and whatever else I picked up... this is unacceptable.

Archived