Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jazz's (heavily procrastinated) Q-of-L and Improvement-suggestions brainstorm thread. (Specifically concerning Warframe abilities).

ChristOneJazz

READ FIRST;

Howdy fellow Tenno, ChristOneJazz here. I wanted to leave my ideas and suggestions on a thread for someone/anyone to read, and maybe comment on better ways to implement what I've "dreamed up." I've been putting this off for seeeeeeeeveral years, but it's time for me to let this out.

It is worth noting that the perspectives and opinions presented in this text-based thread are not representative of Digital Extreme's, or any of their associates directly, but is indeed and expressly the opinion/perspective of a consumer that is deeply in love with this highly imaginative and very creative entertainment title.

I hope this is in the correct sub-forum.

In this thread, I will be posting my ideas/suggestions for each Warframe, in alphabetical order, in singlur posts, up-to the first 50 Warframes, including but not limited to Styanax.

....so it begins.

(Edit: I will be updating this thread over the next several days, as I have time. Stay tuned!).

In alphabetic order, the first is Ash.

#1. Shuriken- Add a short-range AoE "shuriken storm" function, press for single-target, hold for AoE.

#2. Smoke Screen- Fine as-Is. Would suggest adding a 1.5x (time-and-a-half) "Duration" bonus to the augment of this ability.

#3. Teleport- Fine as-is.

#4. Blade Storm- Would recommend "cleaning up" this ability a little by having all of the "shadows" interact with their victims immediately and simultaneously, so as to reduce "animation load" or "screen clutter."

In alphabetic order, the next is Atlas.

#1. Landslide- Suggest making this an Exalted-weapon toggle directly, much like Excalibur and Hildryn.

#2 Tectonics- Suggest making an AoE barrier "on-hold."

#3 Petrify- As-is. No current suggestion.

#4 Rumblers- As-is. No current suggestion.

In alphabetic order, the next is Banshee.

#1 Sonic Boom- Would suggest simplifying the "mechanical" nature of this ability to a simple "trip attack."

#2 Sonar- Would suggest reducing the energy on this ability slightly.

#3 Silence- Suggest changing the augment to instead silence the weapons of nearby Warframes.

#4. Sound Quake- Would suggest improving the augment to include a "trip attack" and a short-term "confusion" status.

In alphabetic order, the next is Baruuk.

#1 Elude-  As-is. No current suggestion.

#2 Lull-  As-is. No current suggestion.

#3 Desolate Hands- Would suggest making this ability more like an aura, much like Gara's Splinter Storm, though still with the disarm effect.

#4 Serene Storm- Would suggest changing the audio "voice effects" from their current (almost demonic sound) to something more akin to "strong winds."

In alphabetic order, the next is Caliban.

#1. Razor Gyre- As-is. No current suggestion.

#2. Sentient Wrath- Would exchange a portion of the base Impact damage to Magnetic damage. (Cuz meme's).

#3. Lethal Progeny- Suggest changing this from duration-based, to drain-based, like Oberon's Renewal.

#4. Fusion Strike- Would suggest removing specifically the armor stripping portion of this ability. Instead, add Radiation as a damage type.

On 2022-09-18 at 5:40 PM, ChristOneJazz said:

In alphabetic order, the next is Caliban.

#1. Razor Gyre- As-is. No current suggestion.

#2. Sentient Wrath- Would exchange a portion of the base Impact damage to Magnetic damage. (Cuz meme's).

#3. Lethal Progeny- Suggest changing this from duration-based, to drain-based, like Oberon's Renewal.

Razor Gyre is a significant energy drain if you ramp it up, and at high levels it's damage is inferior to any weapon held by the player. Its energy cost should be lowered or its damage increased. As for Lethal progeny, if Gyre remains as it is, giving him a second energy drain ability is severely debilitating, especially since the sentients are very tanky and unlikely to die. Furthermore they are summoned separately, so you would need to add a hold cast to despawn.

In alphabetic order, the next iChroma.

#1. Spectral Scream- Would suggest making this ability in to more of a "fireball," albeit with the given element.

#2. Elemental Ward- Would suggest making this drain-based, instead of duration based, akin to Equinox's Rest and Rage.

#3. Vex Armor- See Elemental Ward.

#4. Effigy- Would suggest making this duration-based, Vauban's Rollers.

In alphabetic order, the next is Ember.

#1. Fireball- Would suggest compounding this in to Fire Blast, and making the ability tap-or-hold.

#2. Immolation- Would suggest adding a burn-on-contact ability, similar to Chroma's Elemental Ward, albeit at a fixed person-only radius.

#3 Fire Blast- Would suggest making this a conical ability, similar to Frost's Ice Wave.

#4. Inferno- Would suggest making the animation of this ability cause an "eruption" from beneath targets, instead of falling meteors.

Archived