Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a MR12 requirement to Archon Hunts

-Moctezuma-

I've seen some players (mostly low MR)  ask for the Archon hunts to be nerfed, or to be toned down to not be catered towards end game players

I don't think these players realize the Archon hunts are not meant for their level, and new players can easily rush thru the main quests of the game and unlock archon hunts

10 минут назад, cute_moth.npc сказал:

Nerfed? Amar in particular basically doesn't do anything! ^^;

And boreal mostly was aerolyst hitbox issue.  ( 👎 these frs )

Fortunately, I remembered which weapons are good against them ;)

Don't add an MR requirement but make the fights harder. Artifical formal limits make no sense, if you have the gear and know-how then you should be able to do them regardless. If you fail - then its back to the drawing board for you, look up what works and adjust your build and tactics. Fact: you can solo archon with Paris MK1.

BTW these missions are too easy, you can tell because people are not asking for help, not gathering parties in recruiting, at worst they retry with better gear and thats it.

2 minutes ago, Monolake said:

Don't add an MR requirement but make the fights harder. Artifical formal limits make no sense, if you have the gear and know-how then you should be able to do them regardless. If you fail - then its back to the drawing board for you, look up what works and adjust your build and tactics. Fact: you can solo archon with Paris MK1.

Not a bad notion, but how exactly do you make Archons more difficult? Boreal & Amar are both bullet spongey. The only notable difference that should factor into difficulty is aggression. Boreal, by far, had the more devastating attacks & the aggression to back it up, he even had some punishing AoEs. Amar, in my experience, struggles to decide who to attack if you have a full squad. He also doesn't land his attacks as frequently.

4 minutes ago, trst said:

If players got to New War and don't have the gear to actually do a hunt then there are far deeper issues going on than a lack of mastery locks on content.

to be fair The New War and most main quest are veeery easy, mostly because for some reason DE decided to make New War enemies level 15, even after getting our warframes  back lol

7 minutes ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Not a bad notion, but how exactly do you make Archons more difficult? Boreal & Amar are both bullet spongey. The only notable difference that should factor into difficulty is aggression. Boreal, by far, had the more devastating attacks & the aggression to back it up, he even had some punishing AoEs. Amar, in my experience, struggles to decide who to attack if you have a full squad. He also doesn't land his attacks as frequently.

Thats a topic for a gamedesigner job at DE, but they need to improve the mechanics, not rely on the stupid damage attenuation, it should be about timing and positioning, avoiding enemy attacks and finding an opening for your attack, not just picking an unkillable frame, properly modded 'correct' gun and then just shooting him in the face for max damage and  skipping all the stages.

Hell no.

The only thing warframe has going for it, is exactly how casual it is.

Soon as people start playing they should be carried to the biggest rewards possible and skip as much of the grind as possible.

When people can solo maps it's just being pitiful to exlude others from content.

i'd actually prefer for all Mastery Requirements across the entire game didn't exist.

and instead things were 'gated' by actual things you do in the game, rather than an arbitrary Number which doesn't actually require you to learn the Game Mechanics, just collect a bunch of Weapons and Warframes and semi-idle them in some popular Missions.

2 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

to be fair The New War and most main quest are veeery easy, mostly because for some reason DE decided to make New War enemies level 15, even after getting our warframes  back lol

It still required players to go through every other quest in the game and to go through (or buy, which is one of the problems) getting a Railjack and getting a Nechramech. Just getting through the mech grind should filter out those players. Even when they made the blueprints free you still need to farm enemy mechs for the required resources and also requires going through Fortuna/Ostron ranks.

13 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

I've seen some players (mostly low MR)  ask for the Archon hunts to be nerfed, or to be toned down to not be catered towards end game players

I don't think these players realize the Archon hunts are not meant for their level, and new players can easily rush thru the main quests of the game and unlock archon hunts

you said you've seen (mostly low MR), why not restrict to the highest MR you have seen asking for hunts to be nerfed?

from what i've noticed, every archon hunt complaint i've read from PC players is that none of them have cleared Steel Path, NONE!

and i would hazard to guess that it's the same from other platform players,

if it truly is end game content wouldn't you think it should be locked behind all playable content in front of it?

i know that would lock a huge percentage of the player base out but it is end game right? 

at the very least archon hunts should be locked behind having all the steel path nodes on the planet the hunt takes place on unlocked before hand.

how else would you be able to tell if the random player next to you in the hunt has what it takes to be there?

or do you still think MR should be the bases to which we define experience and restrictions?

lets take just a few players ive come across during my time in the game,

LR2 within 2 months. (streamer)

MR30 just under 160 hours. (revived them on Orb Vallis and was told during our conversation that their boyfriend had carried them to MR30)

MR18 with just under 400 hours. (well, that would be you)

MR10 just over 200 hours. (took them argon crystal hunting in the void)

MR5 well over 5,000 hours (not me). (randomly joined their proxima lich hunt)

and none of them have cleared all the steel path nodes.

how do you (not you exactly) define this?

DE aren't going employ analysts to sift through whatever data they have that would enable them to define exactly which MR level is experienced and which is not,

i get where you are coming from, you probably notice players of a certain MR level fumble their way though an archon hunt and know they don't really have what it takes to be doing them,

i have noticed this too, however the MR level i've noticed this in is more than twice the MR level12 you want restricted.

I don't understand why it should be mr12?
a mr8 can be extremely useful with a tenet weapon.
and tank warframes already exist for mr1.

I like to bring wisp with dispensary. but I assume I can be rezzed too.
I can also equip hardcore tank. But that's pointless and a complete waste of time in my opinion...

Archived