The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just How Ready Are You? The U11 Anticipation Megathread

Mythblaze

Hello all.

To those of you paying attention to the Devs, you will know many of the wonderful things coming in Update 11.
Also those of you who have been with DE for a fair amount of time (Meaning about 2/3 updates), will have noticed that DE seems to make a little bit of a fuss over when an update is about to be released.

My question here is, where is this fuss over the update? This brings me to believe that update 11 may not be coming out this week (perhaps Damage/armour 2.0 isn't just quite ready), or maybe they are just so organised that they don't have to.

So what do you guys all think? I would personally be a little annoyed if it is delayed too, but if its due to something detrimental like Damage/armour 2.0, then I certainly wouldn't mind waiting for a full completed product.

They said soon,maybe this wednesday else next week.

I'm not sure if armor 2.0 gets released right away though...

Damage/armour 2.0 does. They said in the previous livestream that it is definitely update 11. Kinda the point in the update.

This week: Hunt for Alad Event

Next: U11

Very good theory. This would certainly make the build up to U11 brilliant!

Edited by Stormandreas

Event this week, to introduce update the following week, that's what I got from the livestream.

The "this week" part is speculation, but they did say an event would precede the update, with us helping "someone" locate Alad V.

Guessing something similar to Phobos, where we fill some event bar to show we have found the new Gas Planet missions, then they unlock.

That would actually be a great move by DE, if the update is actually ready now, but while we trash an event, they refine and tweak and hotfix the update internally before we get it.

Edited by Egg_Chen

They said exactly these words on last livestream...

"Right around the corner! Not right around the corner, but around the corner. We don't patch on Fridays or Weekends... lol"

Remember... the last livestream was last friday.

Besides that... Rebecca already changed for the new update 11 avatar picture.

I am sure will be tomorrow.

Am I ready for Update 11? Oh sure, i`m ready to have all the OP awesomeness of my weapons/warframes be stripped away once Armor 2.0 comes out :]

But on a more serious note, didn`t they mention some infested event that would happen before update 11? Was really hoping that u11 is indeed tommorow, but I won`t jump to any conclusions just yet.I bet the berserker warframe will get a lot of hate for either being too UP or OP and DE is gonna spend months releasing ' re-works '  for her :)

Am I ready for Update 11? Oh sure, i`m ready to have all the OP awesomeness of my weapons/warframes be stripped away once Armor 2.0 comes out :]

But on a more serious note, didn`t they mention some infested event that would happen before update 11? Was really hoping that u11 is indeed tommorow, but I won`t jump to any conclusions just yet.I bet the berserker warframe will get a lot of hate for either being too UP or OP and DE is gonna spend months releasing ' re-works '  for her :)

Pretty sure the event thing meant the implementation of the event we did a couple of weeks back w ith the two nodes competeting for like conquering etc, the event you might mean was hinted at a future event were randomly infestation would spread and try to take over nodes (I think its not in u11, but you might wanna recheck the youtube video off that live stream to confirm)

Also those of you who have been with DE for a fair amount of time (Meaning about 2/3 updates), will have noticed that DE seems to make a little bit of a fuss over when an update is about to be released.

Actually, last update proved that it's exactly opposite - U10 had been literally ninja-deployed: no ETA, just a Twitter post and short YouTube movie few hours before.

But really - it will come when it's ready. We don't need another rushed content just because community is impatient.

this wednesday makes sense. however because of the holiday approaching (but they're canadians and thanksgiving is on a different day....) they may delay it knowing that (because they were thinking about releasing it with an event) it would be wiser to wait for the highest amount of participation.

Well they repeated so many times, "It's around the corner" that I'm thinking tomorrow.

Also, they might not be making a fuss at this time because they are working on getting everything finished for U11 (which is a huge update).

I'm hoping they will release their usual "Moment before the Update release Video" tomorrow.

They did specify that the event was to kick off with the Update. Scott did explain that as you progressed through the event, the tileset will become available.

this wednesday makes sense. however because of the holiday approaching (but they're canadians and thanksgiving is on a different day....) they may delay it knowing that (because they were thinking about releasing it with an event) it would be wiser to wait for the highest amount of participation.

Doesn't really mean as much given that I as a German for example couldn't care less about thanksgiving. There's always local holidays and unless they affect the devs directly, it doesn't really matter that much.