The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just How Ready Are You? The U11 Anticipation Megathread

Mythblaze

When they say its "around 'the corner'", they didn't quite specify on the corner of what, exactly.

The corner of this month?

Of the year?

Of the next decade? (no, probably not this)

On topic, I doubt it's next week.

Let's lower our expectations.

If it does happen, we'll have all the more reason to be enthralled.

For some weapon (for example, my Soma) they don't have enough mod slot for putting many elemental mod. I am doing a crit based build on my Soma, and that build doesn't allow me to put fire, cold, electric damage at once. So why not make a combined elemental mod? Such as a single mod card with +50% fire and +50% cold damage. If the combination of elements are really that big deal in Damage 2.0, these mods should appear and help us a lot with crit based weapons that don't allow us to put as many elemental mod as we want to. The story will be different for Flux Rifle, for example. I am making a Rainbow build, therefore I have all the slots to put in Hellfire, Cryo Round, and Stormbringer in it as the weapon is meant for this type of build (not crit based build)

-Snip-

Hi LadyScootaloo! It's good to see you here on the forums too :P

I was just coming back to point out that [DE]Rebecca posted this today: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132366-information-on-damage-20/

It's right up there in those quick links, but I didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out on the Warframe Subreddit.

All the more reason to be cautiously optimistic about U11 coming out tomorrow. They're already prepping us for Damage 2.0!

Possibly. But again: What's the point of changing the way elementals work if we're just going to add in mods that do the same thing for less?

Ie. Damage 2.0 makes everything more complex, so lets add mods that dumb it back down.

This is right - why would we want to take their nice complex system and then make an immediate bypass?  Honestly, I understand you want to be able to have every mod equipped that can make, in this case, the Soma better OP but DE wants tradeoffs and I think it's a good thing.  It will be all about sacrifice - do you want elemental damage? if so, elemental combos?  or crit?  or both?  in which case, are you losing ammo capacity?  these will be the tradeoffs.

Putting the combo elements in as nightmare mods would be durn silly of DE, IMO.