Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any melee guys feel like it got broken recently??

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

Anyone else who plays melee mostly notice anything different recently???   Ever since styanax has dropped I feel like my Forward tactical combo that is meant to close distance is not functioning properly....

Sometimes it will cause me to leap forward like its suppose to.....  but a large amount of the time my guys performs the combo but basically only does a short hop (aka does NOT close distance to enemies.

Im on ps4 so what im talking about is  LT?+Forward + melee.

13 answers to this question

Because of a bug that made melee inherrit from Excals slash dash as seen here; 

It seems a fix made melee then have a reduced targeting on utility animations, aka the dash for nikanas using blind justice for example. But with a reacent hotfix, this seems to be have been fixed again. 

There might still be remnants of the code, that made this bug, still in your game (spagetti code kind of).

To see if it is still a problem or just remnants of the code, please verify and optimize your download cache. (I tried to find a usefull source for this as I dont have a psn account myself.) 

But in conclusion, it should be fixed. In the event that your verifying and optimizing(in that order) does not help. You should add it as a bug report in;

Playstation; Bug report - missions

Preferrably with a screenshot or video.

___

hope this helps.

After thought; it might have been a script error or spagetti code related to auto targeting system for melee. But even then doing the above mentioned should be the first step to figure out if it is consistent.

-First off   it can not be related to melee -assist/autotargeting.    I have never changed those settings.    What im using now has been what I have been using for the last 8 years.   

-Second Dragon actually brings up ANOTHER issue I have been having with melee.....    Yeah sometimes I will occasionally blink towards an enemy while trying to melee.  Exactly like how archwing melee works.   Except im not titania pixie mode or excal.... or have whatever archon weapon that let you do that on heavy attacks... 

-------------

No my main problem is your lunge combo that every weapon has,  not lunging some of the time.   Instead you do the animation but you mostly stay in place or only do a tiny hop forward.   Other times you lunge like you are suppose to.     Its not about target selection or after swings.   This is your tactical-forward combo.  

10 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

No my main problem is your lunge combo that every weapon has,  not lunging some of the time.   Instead you do the animation but you mostly stay in place or only do a tiny hop forward.   Other times you lunge like you are suppose to.     Its not about target selection or after swings.   This is your tactical-forward combo. 

The problem is with the previous stated fix that made this happen on pc. I dont know why it still is happening on psn, but I know how it is happening. Go up towards an enemy and do; forward movement + block + melee attack button. This is vidually easier to see qith nikanas blind justice. To see the difference and why i stated;

On 2022-09-20 at 1:01 AM, xXDragonGodXx said:

Because of a bug that made melee inherrit from Excals slash dash as seen here; 

It seems a fix made melee then have a reduced targeting on utility animations, aka the dash for nikanas using blind justice for example. But with a reacent hotfix, this seems to be have been fixed again. 

To see the difference, you can also do the same without enemies in your radius. You should see that you need the enemies to make this "script error" happen.

13 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-First off   it can not be related to melee -assist/autotargeting.    I have never changed those settings.    What im using now has been what I have been using for the last 8 years. 

The fact you haven't changed your settings has nothing to do with it.  If the devs change the code, it can still be related.

20 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

i recently heard a couple People saying their Melee Settings changed, but i don't know if they're just nuts. was just a possibility.

hmm. i normally only use a single Stance like 95% of the time so i guess i wouldn't have much to say on that. i haven't noticed anything myself though.

On 2022-09-19 at 11:52 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Anyone else who plays melee mostly notice anything different recently???   Ever since styanax has dropped I feel like my Forward tactical combo that is meant to close distance is not functioning properly....

Sometimes it will cause me to leap forward like its suppose to.....  but a large amount of the time my guys performs the combo but basically only does a short hop (aka does NOT close distance to enemies.

It’s been broken since melee 3.00 was released. 

On 2022-09-19 at 1:52 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I haven't had that specific problem but I have noticed sometimes that my Warframe will not auto-guard with his melee weapon even if he has it out and he is still in quick-melee mode (aka I can hit the fire gun button and it will instantly swap to and fire my gun). Somehow the auto-guard function just stops working.

Thankfully it doesn't stay that way. Swapping back to my gun, and firing it once and THEN swapping back to my melee usually fixes it.

Dot know if this is very specific to Garuda or Phantasma but.....

Trying to go from claws to pulling up and alt-firing the phantasma prime has a nasty little delay.   What usually ends up happening if I try to do it to fast is that the Phantasma is never pulled out and instead I perform a heavy melee attack killing my combo count =(.    Hitting the aim button doesnt seem to force stop claw animations that are going on (or maybe any melee animations) 

Archived