Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Chat wtb 'groll/good rivens' at outrageous offers getting WAY outta hand!

(PSN)AngelsMercy77

As a long time player I sit in trade helping where I can and of course trading. This whole wtb so called grolll/great rolls and ppl offer outrageous amounts of plat like 10k is getting VERY much out of hand to the point of taking over trade chat. The worst thing is almost NO ONE ever buys either. I've been testing them out with a few of my own perfect groll rivens and over a period of time, about one in my very 50 offers responds and the it's with a pathetic 1k or less offer after the outrageous offer. Please DE do something about these postings, with the very low imposed 100 limit on ignore list from it being unlimited there is no way to weed these posting out without messing up out own trading efforts.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Diamond-Angel77 said:

As a long time player I sit in trade helping where I can and of course trading. This whole wtb so called grolll/great rolls and ppl offer outrageous amounts of plat like 10k is getting VERY much out of hand to the point of taking over trade chat. The worst thing is almost NO ONE ever buys either. I've been testing them out with a few of my own perfect groll rivens and over a period of time, about one in my very 50 offers responds and the it's with a pathetic 1k or less offer after the outrageous offer. Please DE do something about these postings, with the very low imposed 100 limit on ignore list from it being unlimited there is no way to weed these posting out without messing up out own trading efforts.

I'm not sure if there is anything they can do. It is technically a free market, so they can price it to whatever they want.

They could just increase the ignore list (data storage problems aside for a moment), but that wouldn't fix the issue, not that this issue could be fixed.

Couldn't you just ignore the amount itself on the exclude filter? Like "10k" or "10000"?

9 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Couldn't you just ignore the amount itself on the exclude filter? Like "10k" or "10000"?

doesn't work

cause it would miss things like "9.9K" or "8000" or "6000"

-there's just too many different numbers to filter them all

now if they'd let us use a RegEx filter.... but that'll never happen, humans aren't intelligent enough ?and what's UNIX?

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Diamond-Angel77 said:

Yeah, I just consider it the be the usual spam

I'm not gonna buy any of their stuff, so I just add them to my ignore list so I don't have to see it.

in practice, 100 seems to be enough, I doubt the oldest ones on the list are even online anymore so having it overwrite isn't a big deal.

Really the only intelligent way to approach riven trading is warframe.market

It is really simple to just scroll past the scalper/collector prices to find ones that are decently priced. The only rivens worth spending anything more than the price of no-roll (like 100p tops) are rivens for max disposition weapons (the less popular the better).

Never spend lots of plat on rivens for weapons that are new/low disposition. Galvanized mods and arcanes have made rivens for low disposition weapons pointless IMO.

Getting off topic ppl, it's not the amount they are offering but the sure spam they are producing. I could care less if they offered 200k for junk rivs but these posters are NEVER buying and are starting to flood the trade chat without any way or means to filter them off. And not for one thing or another but they post nothing but a copy/paste over and over and over again almost as often as they can, almost as though they never actually go and play the game but just sit there posting.

And the poster about the old probably not even being on any more, not really, when you are active in chats, especially trade, you go through that 100 easily trying to weed out spam postings alone not to mention toxic players ect.

Came back after looking over my own filter list.... Sadly I can see that I have around if not over 200 different filters in place. Estimate about 3/4ths of them are for complete nonsense stuff that I shouldn't even need to have but ppl are childish and can't seem to be able to handle any amount of freedom with responsibility really so I have words like wife man sister step father feet brother child and worse ... So yes 100 is much too small of a list imho 

On 2022-09-19 at 10:49 PM, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

if DE started to regulate trade prices then they would be responsible for every single trade and i honestly hope they don't, because i want them to concentrate on the game itself .
there is still a ton of work to do with warframe

Not asking them to do something about the prices, asking them to look into the spam they are producing or increase the ignore list or something 

On 2022-09-19 at 10:31 PM, Leqesai said:

Really the only intelligent way to approach riven trading is warframe.market

It is really simple to just scroll past the scalper/collector prices to find ones that are decently priced. The only rivens worth spending anything more than the price of no-roll (like 100p tops) are rivens for max disposition weapons (the less popular the better).

Never spend lots of plat on rivens for weapons that are new/low disposition. Galvanized mods and arcanes have made rivens for low disposition weapons pointless IMO.

This is not a good place for rivens. It is solely player based with absolutely no statistical backing what so ever. It's a GREAT site for everything traceable not riven wise. Especially PS4/5 because any actual riven statistics are still always PC based sadly. I've been trading rivs mostly for around 4yrs now and if one is NOT familiar with the in's and out's of rivens they are losing out on plat by selling or getting over charged most of the time when buying. There is a LOT of information to take into account... is the weap meta atm, is it brand new to riven rotation,  is it a stat stick, is it a new coming prime, just to get a base start pricing for fresh unrolled junk stats.

Then you need to go into stats, is the weap crit status or hybrid, knowing what stat ppl want to what weap too.... most ppl do not have this knowledge and thus don't have a clue really about what to post or what pricing to post at.

On 2022-09-19 at 12:28 PM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

It's better to simply not engage with these scalpers than to demand a middle-man to resolve every single problem. Once the latter starts happening, trading could get significantly worse.

Not with Rivens. If a big lootbox ban happened and pressure forced DE to take rivens out of the game, overall quality of experience would improve. They could even remake them into a way more player friendly "custom mod" system that would be infinitely more interesting than the current gamble mechanics.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

Still amazed anyone pays for rivens.

Between DE rebalancing rivens, rebalancing specific weapons, and making major changes like the Ammo change (or prior changes to melee, crit on slide whatever..) that can render a riven trash overnight  ...

You'd be surprised what people will pay for.

I was enjoying a game called The Cycle, until it became infested with cheaters. The reason? People selling weapons and gear for real money. And yet everything is wiped at the end of the season.

I spam chat 20 times everyday for karyst riven with +cc +cd -neg but reasons for not wanting the riven if offered is +cc has max roll of 257% and +cd has a max roll of 128 % on karyst prime riven. So if you offer me 215%+cc and 105+cd i definitely dont want it and people offering 5k 10k for rivens not only want a groll but they want the stats to roll max numbers or close to it. One solution to it locked riven mod stats then i could grind it myself current system i can roll a riven 1620 times and still not get roll wanting.

I think that way. It is actual put IGNORE to someone if he really sell something is quite stupid. Reason is simple. If he sell something in future what you want, you cant see that.

If sellers or buyers take  over 10 minute respond what they want to do. I put sometimes ignore (very rarely). Not because i hated someone, reason is if they are too slow or doing something else than buying/selling stuff.

Prices are always by the way that what buyer and seller decide. Nothing else. 

On 2022-09-19 at 8:21 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

doesn't work

cause it would miss things like "9.9K" or "8000" or "6000"

not sure the entire context but in coding you can do "greater than" which would catch anything above whatever number you wanted, you can automatically filter strings for numbers. remove anything that isn't alpha numeric and then convert any "k" in the string to 000 then scan the string for a number all this stuff can be completed in nanoseconds ,did similar on my old server over 6 years ago that was already a several years old machine when it was in use.

2小时前 , Skaleek 说:

I mean if they spam and never get what they're looking for it sounds like they're wasting a lot of time. To the point where one might wonder why even bother if the pursuit is not fruitful in the least? Something doesn't add up.

I do remember when kitgun was first release in Fortuna and I got a tombfinger riven, I started selling it unroll for 800P and end up selling it to someone for 600P.

Now, whenever I look at my Hunhow's armor set, it always brings me such fond memories. Those were the days. 

But yeah, it is possible to sell a ridiculously priced riven, although if you take into account the opportunity cost and time investment sitting in trade chat for god knows how long, it does not worth it. 

Warframe is a sandbox game. You can do whatever you want to do, including turning it into a merchant simulator, flipping rivens and relics and prime sets and hording plat for the sake of it.

Archived