Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If the lights are flashing, give an indicator for what is happening.

Sir_Goreth

For the most part when the lights start flashing it's fairly straightforward what's going on; generally, a kill squad is about to show up hunting a specific tenno.
Juggernaut Kuva Larvling spawning aren't as straightforward though: the time allotted to trigger the spawn and the quantity of enemies required to kill seem inconsistent. Having an overhead display "Kill X more enemies to spawn {larvling/jug}. X:XX time remaining to spawn" would be good clarification for players that aren't aware of the system, as well as for players avoiding juggernauts.

Likewise, prior to a syndicate death squad appearing a message like "A [syndicate name] death squad is hunting a fellow Tenno" would be helpful to know who is about to show up.

I never liked how the lights "flash" in the game. It's more like my screen is flashing. If the lights ACTUALLY flashed, like in horror games, that would be WAY cooler.
As for indication - they just need to make unique sounds for each one. The current defaults "Shaaa" whisper should be stalker, Zanuka should be something mechanical, Grustrag three maybe like a horn - something easily recognisable as grineer.
And death squads can have the same common sound. Like a metal ganging, maybe.

I think your point about the lich spawning is spot on, that would be a great QoL, especially for new players trying to spawn them, that's not obvious at all.

I don't mind the uncertainty, but also wouldn't mind an announcement either. Sounds might work, but I think the stalker sounds only happen for the affected player? So if it's just sounds make it for everyone maybe.

I 100% agree about the horror lights haha, but I don't think that will happen because level lighting probably isn't dynamic for performance reasons. Still they might be able to cheat it somehow, maybe some post processing.

Some of them are very recognizable - the Stalker's red-and-black smoke effect, and hissing whispers. The Zanuka Hunter's blue energy rings on your character, and high-pitched beeping and weird synthesized bell chime. The Grustrag Three glitch out your Lotus/mission-control transmissions and have those little staticky energy orbs that orbit and follow your warframe. Juggernaut makes a very distinctive loud scream/roar, and makes all the nearby Infested start glowing bright yellow.

Kuva Larvling on the other hand has a light-flicker that's barely noticeable in the first place, and could easily be confused for a Death Squad.

Take my opinion on this with a grain of salt: As a solo-main, I only know what it looks/sounds like to be the target player, not what it looks like in a squad. If these distinct cues only play for the target and not squadmates, yeah that lack of information would be really irritating.

(Wait, one thing stood out for me - OP, do you mean Juggernaut is a player-specific, targeted spawn like a Death Squad, and not tied to the stage/mission itself? Shouldn't everyone in the squad hear the scream/see the glowing infested?)

Archived