Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you PLEASE add a notification for players selecting a Steel Path fissure mission on the regular star chart?

Darthplagueis13

So, I just played a 27 minute desaster of trying to get a Ris mod in a Kuva Fortress fissure. For context, I only started steel path this month and am still struggling with the basic mission on Terra, you know, the ones around level 103. Well, Steel Path Kuva Fortress is 180.

I think it's not really an unfunded assumption to believe that you are not supposed to play level 180 Missions, especially when the enemies are roided up by SP modifiers, without properly ranked arcanes. Which I didn't have.

So, I loaded into this mission, not realizing it was Steel Path, because, you know, normally you specifically select to play on SP. I very quickly realized my mistake, but I'm not one to just give up quickly so I decided to see how far I could get. The answer is about 60 out of 130 (getting clowned on by two Acolytes and painstakingly kiting one to death in the process), though that was mostly because I was running Wukong Prime and thus got a few freebies early on. But yeh... without a proper late game loadout, the Overguard on Eximus units is borderline indestructible and since it was a fissure mission, there were a bunch of Corrupted Units there as well.

So, uh, yeah. Maybe just have a little pop-up or something, like a "This is a Steel Path mission. Are you sure you want to play it?" when players select a Steel Path fissure whilst not on the Steel Path Chart because running in undergeared is not really fun and I suspect the actual high level players aren't gonna enjoy having someone on their team who barely tickles enemies and gets disintegrated in two seconds either.

A warning would be kind of redundant when you can already see the levels of the mission, or the fact that you have a difficulty icon on the right side of the map screen... and if you accidentally enter, you can just abort

Arcanes don't make or break the missions, either, they're just one extra part of the whole build. You'll get a lot more mileage out of a better warframe (anything that can strip armour in a Grineer mission is a huge boon, Wukong offers nothing) and weapons modded for their damage type weaknesses.

Actually this happened to me .. I was like S#&$ this is harder than normal Lith fissure I though I had gotten that mod removed from weapons bug, I didnt even think to look at the levels, but just powered through it, only realised when the Acolyte turned up .. kinda funny for some of us, but not so funny for others if it goes all off the rails.. 

Agreed, it could use a sound notification, red font for the level range to separate it from star chart content, or an altered node icon...

Done it a few times on Mot and Adaro while leveling, thinking "oh that's nice, I can get some forma while leveling" before loading in, and instantly getting gibbed from expecting a standard star chart mission.

Though at least the the fissure level is displayed (100+) in the popup, but I almost never check it...

I joined a radshare that wasn't mentioned as being SP.   I didn't even think to check.

I was wondering why the enemies seemed a bit harder to kill than normal, but thought maybe it was lag or something wasn't registering all my shots - until the end of mission screen showed steel essence and I realised it had been SP.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb PatrioticEagle:

You would have to have absolutely horrid vision to not able to read that the levels are 100+. but yeah sp fissures shouldnt appear in the normal menu. but a notification would be kind of nice but also being able to read and figure out "hm level 100+, yep no" is just common sense.

It's not a matter of vision, but a matter of actually looking for it. Like, if you've done a mission a few times and know what level it is, you might not really think about it.

Mind you, I wasn't going from the fissure tab where it's a lot more obvious, but since I needed a Kuva fissure I was on the Kuva Fortress Chart and just picked a mission node that had the fissure symbol attached to it because the thought that it could be SP and 100 levels higher didn't even cross my mind, after all I was on the regular star chart.

10 hours ago, PatrioticEagle said:

You would have to have absolutely horrid vision to not able to read that the levels are 100+. but yeah sp fissures shouldnt appear in the normal menu. but a notification would be kind of nice but also being able to read and figure out "hm level 100+, yep no" is just common sense.

You're correct from a technical standpoint, and I'd be inclined to agree.

Yes, the level range is apparent right from the get go on nearly all platforms, thanks to fairly decent monitors and television sets.

Though the issue is more pronounced on mobile displays, such as the switch and upcoming mobile client. On the vanilla switch and OLED screens the level range font is passable, but it's not as in your face as it should be on PC/X1/PS; and I have missed it a couple times myself.

The issue is compounded further for the switch lite thanks to its smaller screen designed for portability, and smaller phone screens will run into the same readability issue.

Again, the level range display is working as intended and wonderfully at that, but the difference between Star Chart and Steel Path needs a readability pass.

Steel Path alerts can't be viewed from the standard Star Chart, and at least the 5 Steel Essence is right in front of us to remind us it's Steel Path.

Though I personally don't mind the SP fissures appearing on the Star Chart, as I'm often dissatisfied with the Star Chart fissure selection. It still needs a more pronounced visual distinction to announce that it is 100+ content.

With the standard white text among many other texts isn't too helpful from a glance, and having a tiny Steal Path toggle off to the right of the UI isn't that helpful at times either.

Five possible solutions as follows:

1. Do nothing, it only affects a minority of players and future players.

2. Remain consistent in Steel Path vs Star Chart separation, and move the SP fissures to the SP Chart exclusively.

3. Alter the text color (such as a vibrant saturated red, contrasting against the default font color) and/or a confirmation pop-up, just to signify that it's a massive jump in level compared to the adjacent nodes.

4. Create an alternate Fissure icon to represent that it's a SP fissures, similar to how alerts and SP alerts are handled.

5. Create a Steel Path exclusive overlay to differentiate it from the Star Chart, as the Narmer Chart during the New War did just that and was perfect.

Not sure if this was intended by DE, but I have accidentally taxied players into SP Fissures, who did not complete the Star Chart, so were unable to do SP Missions or Incursions normally.  I haven't checked since Hotfix 32.0.6 if this is still possible.  I am under the assumption that SP Fissures would be the same in restricting non-eligible SP players from accessing them.  I really don't care either way, but just wondered if anyone else knows if this is an intended feature or not.  I was confused as to why the Grineer on a Lith Fissure on Earth were taking more effort than normal to kill until I saw the  Enemy Level!  Oopsies, silly me I forgot to toggle off SP beforehand, Tee-Hee!  We were able to complete the Exterminate Fissure but it just required a tad more effort than normal.  Anyway, I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the hat while we are on the subject.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Archived