Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of rewards to vets want from this game exactly?

mega_lova_nia

As someone who considers them in mid-game, I'm already satisfied with archon shards being a some sort of endgame reward for vet players to enable them to push their frames beyond their limits because of it's rarity and how it's not necessary to complete the game in its entirety. However, People still express that farming these shards would be too slow and that gaining tauforged ones will be slower and painful. They even calculated that it would take years of painful consistent grinding to obtain shards to fill in every single warframe. Isn't that EXACTLY what endgame materials supposed to be, slow, rare, and not spread around like candy? Like seriously, if you want shards to be less rare than now, what kind of endgame materials do the vets want exactly? Might as well make a monthly boss that drops plat.

I just want my orbiter to be so filled with roller floofs that it's hard to move around and when I try to dash through them they fly into the camera, block doorways, they even make it hard to tell where you are on the star chart when you look out the window. That is supreme victory.

I'm personally not really aggravated at all by the Tauforged rarity or the time it will take? Shards feel like they are in the same vein as Umbra forma or Arcanes, meant to be scarce and worked on over a long time. That's okay with me ^^

FWIW I think part of the problem is that it's just the shards. If we had other long-term things that took up some of the time in-between, it'd probably be easier to handle. As it is, when it's just the shards, we end up sitting on our thumbs most of the time, making it feel a lot longer.

18 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

As someone who considers them in mid-game, I'm already satisfied with archon shards being a some sort of endgame reward for vet players to enable them to push their frames beyond their limits because of it's rarity and how it's not necessary to complete the game in its entirety. However, People still express that farming these shards would be too slow and that gaining tauforged ones will be slower and painful. They even calculated that it would take years of painful consistent grinding to obtain shards to fill in every single warframe. Isn't that EXACTLY what endgame materials supposed to be, slow, rare, and not spread around like candy? Like seriously, if you want shards to be less rare than now, what kind of endgame materials do the vets want exactly? Might as well make a monthly boss that drops plat.

I used to say warframe rivens but Archon shards are basically that but less RNG and more grind. 

Just now, Tyreaus said:

FWIW I think part of the problem is that it's just the shards. If we had other long-term things that took up some of the time in-between, it'd probably be easier to handle. As it is, when it's just the shards, we end up sitting on our thumbs most of the time, making it feel a lot longer.

Yeah, it's nice addition, some long-term farm, which I'm totally okay with. It's something. But it actually doesn't give me anything to DO after I've finished the weekly mission. At least they staggered Archons with Kahl, so I don't have to count the hours until finally there's something to go do again quite so often.

I want things to DO. I want long-term repeatable, challenging content. That's what I want.  PLEASE

Something I can go play at any time, and that offers some long-term benefit or reward with at least an occasional update now and then to keep it a little fresh.

I'm lukewarm on more content islands to farm and forget, lukewarm on more time-gated farms like archons & kahl and invasions, pretty burned out on relic fissures too - i just get near-zero benefit out of them anymore. The only stuff I have to do is fiddle with the arsenal and go groan through some survival somewhere to test it until I can't think straight.

evergreen Rewards is pretty much always the answer. things that can continue to be useful longterm, whether that be due to more stuff added in a future update, or ways to polish what you already have.

because ultimately that's practically all that matters.

for a reminder of what one time Rewards do and how meh they are, look at Onslaught. those Captura Scenes? it's useful literally once and then........ now there's just a Chance to get literally nothing as your Reward for playing.
oh golly gee, that's my favorite.

3 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Yeah, it's nice addition, some long-term farm, which I'm totally okay with. It's something. But it actually doesn't give me anything to DO after I've finished the weekly mission. At least they staggered Archons with Kahl, so I don't have to count the hours until finally there's something to go do again quite so often.

I want things to DO. I want long-term repeatable, challenging content. That's what I want.  PLEASE

Something I can go play at any time, and that offers some long-term benefit or reward with at least an occasional update now and then to keep it a little fresh.

I'm lukewarm on more content islands to farm and forget, lukewarm on more time-gated farms like archons & kahl and invasions, pretty burned out on relic fissures too - i just get near-zero benefit out of them anymore. The only stuff I have to do is fiddle with the arsenal and go groan through some survival somewhere to test it until I can't think straight.

Yeah ideal endgame has more challenge less artificial time gating. There should be something we could do to reset the Archon hunt.

Personally I don't find "power" upgrades to even be rewards at this point. We've been able to trivialize SP and even level cap content for so long that more power has zero value due to it having absolutely no practical applications.

That said I don't even care about what rewards something gives anymore anyways. I'd prefer to just have some interesting content to run.

Personally, i want to see the free roams be given some serious reworks in their rewards department. Something where the player can choose an item from a small pool of RNG items, but all items are something he may want. You'd have a list of all potential rewards, and at each bounty stage, the game would pick 3, and you'd get to choose which of the 3 you want, similar to relics. After all there is a reason why relics are so popular even among people who have everything.

Personally though, a lot of the already existing free roam rewards need to be tweaked heavily. 200 kuva (unaffected by resource boosters) for a 5 stage bounty on cetus? bump that up to 3k then we'll talk. Credits? gonna need to pull a railjack and give us a minimum of 100k for it to be even considered a reward.

Things that last more long term, that players who already have everything will come back for, kuva is a good example, but honestly we need more rewards that are just as evergreen as kuva, new ones.

Because at this point, the only reason i'd even think of going back to the free roams is for the nostalgia, and even that is stretching it as far as it'll go, haven't gone back in almost a year. Why bother, you can get more of anything i'd have come back for elsewhere. Kuva? Siphons/vitus essence/riven slivers/voidplume pinions/steel path. Credits? Index/railjack/neptune disruption. Endo? Arbitration. Relics? Disruption/almost any mission in the game XD. Standing? What for, i have everything that uses it.

34 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

I want long-term repeatable, challenging content.

I'm sure you can repeat archon hunts until you're sick of it, just not repeating shard drop

And take a look at those "long-term repeatable content" if it's not the same old RNG grind. As for challenging? Yeah sure, it's "challenging" because you can't deplete enemies health in one hit and more often than not enemies can take your health down to critical with one or two hits, not something you can see in Warframe. The so-called challenging just end up with you locking enemies to avoid getting hit while weakening enemies so what's the point?

51 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Isn't that EXACTLY what endgame materials supposed to be, slow, rare, and not spread around like candy? Like seriously, if you want shards to be less rare than now, what kind of endgame materials do the vets want exactly? Might as well make a monthly boss that drops plat.

What exactly is endgame? I'm not MMO player so I'm not exactly understand that term. However I don't feel like super slow/rare stuffs is good design. Some Shards are like this. You can have 1-2 Shard and they give you e.g. 10% duration. This is literally nothing. You do content and get nothing in return. It doesn't sounds fun.

I would personally like to get some augments, new stances (DIY) etc.

What i want in warframe is the same thing ive wanted since day 1

More power (good kind of power creep like what DE just released with archon shards) and to look cooler (theyre adding things but its becoming a bit too satuarated, like i cant put on all of these syandanas)

And i mean real power not joke mods like archon flow 

So if DE came with an update that

- Add super powered energy 

A second energy bar that builds slowly, can be activated to amplify abilities and weapons like making abilities ignore overguard. (The operator is where this boost of power would come from lore wise)

- For the melee combo counter, When you perform a different attack for just a few seconds, it adds a few combo points 

- Boost heavy attacks, make them feel way more enriching and add more to the type of attacks i can do with them, and reason to pick an attack over another. For instance maybe theres enemy that can guard and take reduced damage from everything but a slide heavy attack, theyll take extra damage from a slide heavy attack thats followed by a normal one.

- A new ultimate ability to cast in warframe mode. 30 second cooldown abilities (this isnt replacing anything)

Etc... i need to feel more like im endgame not just mods wise, visually too

Also rewards, need more rewards for that added layer of satisfaction completing missions

Id be happy with all of that. 

I'd just want anything based on achievement that set myself apart from average players. Whether the "difficulty"/achievement be a mission or just a steep grind of a resources, both would feel satisfying as a loaded/decently skilled player like myself.

Ephemeras were supposed to function this way, but they became every other cosmetic shortly after.

1 hour ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Great points, but for the Sortie have you ever gotten a Legendary mod, out of a clan of 2 thousand players, I have only heard of 2 maybe 3 ever getting it, now that is true end-game

the Shards should be easier to get than once a week, but again it should not be every day, maybe every other day or every three days.

yes the shards are end-game but I agree that it should not take years to get shards for every Warframe.

there is a difference between grinding your brains out and having fun playing a game.

Archived