Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Kahl’s Next Break Narmer Mission

[DE]Megan

Howdy, Tenno!

Kahl’s second ‘Break Narmer’ mission, Junk Run, is available if you’ve ranked up to Encampment in Kahl’s Garrison before the rollover occurred on Sunday. If you have yet to take on Kahl’s Sneaky Sabotage, Junk Run will await you after his next rollover.

Speaking of Kahl’s next rollover, we’re moving that date/time to align with the Archon Hunt rollover of Wednesday, September 28th at noon ET, meaning there will be no rollover this Sunday, September 25th. We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

We plan to eventually move both Kahl’s Break Narmer missions and Archon Hunts to align with the classic Sunday reset (think Nightwave). We’ll update you when we’ve made that change!

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We plan to eventually move both Kahl’s Break Narmer missions and Archon Hunts to align with the classic Sunday reset (think Nightwave). We’ll update you when we’ve made that change!

Awesome!

Thank you for this future change.

Edit:

Any chance you can move the reset for Palladino's Riven Sliver Shop to the sunday reset too while you're at it?

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Kahl’s second ‘Break Narmer’ mission, Junk Run, is available if you’ve ranked up to Encampment in Kahl’s Garrison before the rollover occurred on Sunday. If you have yet to take on Kahl’s Sneaky Sabotage, Junk Run will await you after his next rollover.

Speaking of Kahl’s next rollover, we’re moving that date/time to align with the Archon Hunt rollover of Wednesday, September 28th at noon ET, meaning there will be no rollover this Sunday, September 25th. We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

Thank you!

Bummer. I was under the impression the Sunday/Wednesday gap was intentional as to give something to do more consistently mid-week instead of everything on a single day.

15 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Any chance you can move the reset for Palladino's Riven Sliver Shop to the sunday reset too while you're at it?

I agree. Having Paladino reset weekly at a set time instead of "7 days from time of purchase" would be preferable and would make sense as other shops like Teshin also follow the Sunday-Reset pattern.

11 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Bummer. I was under the impression the Sunday/Wednesday gap was intentional as to give something to do more consistently mid-week instead of everything on a single day.

Agreed, I didn't like it at first, but after thinking about it, having different things to do throughout the week is better than everything getting reset on the same day

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Noooo! :( It was actually kind of nice to have them staggered, give us something to look forward to rather than just waiting for Sunday for everything.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

And the kuva reward from Zariman as well please? 

Kinda strange to have the forma crafting to be on a 23 hour timer so that it doesn't feel like you are missing out on reward drop daily if you play past a certain time and always having that constant feeling of having to log in later each day yet we have these other two items in the game that are set on a arbitrary weekly schedule that resets when you pick up the reward.

E: Sorties is even on a different schedule? And then Ergo Glast's shop has something strange going on as well.

I'll throw my cents into the ring as well I guess. I liked having different reset days as well, since it staggers out my play across the week instead of letting me do everything on Sunday. I could still do all of my playing on one day if I wanted to, but staggering it did pull me back in on more days than I was playing before and there was less of the "gotta clear my checklist" mindset.

What about just making it a three / four day cycle like Ergo Glast's Shop instead of a weekly thing? Make The Garrison and Archon hunts reset every Sunday and then Wednesday so that it keeps a consistent rotation for example.

It would create a nice medium between the daily resets and weekly resets we have right now.

Hey could we actually leave archon's reset on Wednesday?

Having maroo and clem reset on Monday gives me a reason to log in monday, Having Archons reset on wednesdays gives me a reason to log in wednesday, Baro gives me a reason to log in on friday, and Kahl will give me a reason to log in on Sunday If I want to do the missions right when they are fresh. Gives a 3 things to do a week, 4 on baro weeks.

I actually prefer when things are scatered during the week, because when everything and the kitchen sink needs to be done on monday, it is quite the task, that's 2 sorties, the weekly ayatan mission, the tasks from nightwave and khal.

I understand, you have 1 week to do it, but having that elite archon sortie on wednesday actually provided clearance, you could focus on other things and then when the sortie becomes available on wednesday you can actually do it without thinking on the other tasks you are yet to do.

I don't enjoy nighwave, so getting rid of the tasks is actually a priority for me so other tasks can be done at a more casual pacing.

I preferred having things staggered some.  Everything being on Sunday night is convenient to remember but just dumps a bunch of things to do at once.  Figured the archon off shift was partially to help with the matchmaking allowing people to focus on different things different days of the week. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Thank you!

Will you include the carry over QoL changes like finding gene seeds and such, in this hotfix

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Thank you!

Hi thank you for the new mission, have a question though. I was able to complete 5/6 challenges in one playthrough, however I was unable to find even one person for the Remove veils using veilbreaker challenge. Is this perhaps the wrong challenge?? Oh did see grineer flying and shooting was I suppose to not kill them with weapons? Even they didnt appear to have a veil unless I'm missing something. 

16 minutes ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Hi thank you for the new mission, have a question though. I was able to complete 5/6 challenges in one playthrough, however I was unable to find even one person for the Remove veils using veilbreaker challenge. Is this perhaps the wrong challenge?? Oh did see grineer flying and shooting was I suppose to not kill them with weapons? Even they didnt appear to have a veil unless I'm missing something. 

Putting it in a spoiler for people that don't want to see the answer

Spoiler

You are supposed to wait for the jetpack grineer to land then use veilbreaker on them to free them, there are 6 in total if I recall correctly. They are kahls brothers after not he probably wants to save them rather than kill them. :)

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I feel like it would probably be better in the long run if all weekly rotations reset at the same time as to be predictable for the player instead of being a nightmare to track like Tenet Melee weapons from Ergo Glast.

16 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Putting it in a spoiler for people that don't want to see the answer

Hide contents

You are supposed to wait for the jetpack grineer to land then use veilbreaker on them to free them, there are 6 in total if I recall correctly. They are kahls brothers after not he probably wants to save them rather than kill them. :)

Thanks yeah i was able to get answer from alliance. I actually got it and now on archon hunt. Thank you so much for responding was definitely confused for a sec. It May help someone else later with same question. Good luck tenno

Not sure why people think moving the reset will change their weekly flow. 

It still leaves 7 days to do the new missions. If you like logging in on Wednesdays to do an Archon Hunt, you still can! You do not have to log in at the Monday reset time and clear all the content in one go. Considering some of the posts here indicate people already have a routine with how they play, just stick to it. 

Very good change DE, thanks!

I would also love to see daily resets become the same time (sortie and syndicate rep for example) although this might be quite the change considering it's been 2 different times for years now and people are way more used to this than the 2 different weekly times. 

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I feel like it would probably be better in the long run if all weekly rotations reset at the same time as to be predictable for the player instead of being a nightmare to track like Tenet Melee weapons from Ergo Glast.

While I do agree the Tenet weapons are a horrible implementation, I think 2 weekly timers (Sunday and Wednesday) is reasonable.

Archived