Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Kahl’s Next Break Narmer Mission

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

While I do agree the Tenet weapons are a horrible implementation, I think 2 weekly timers (Sunday and Wednesday) is reasonable.

there would be 4 weekly timers  Maroo and Clem missions reset on Mondays Palladino reset on Thursdays. However I think the bigger issue with tenet weapons was they did not reset on a set day but every 4 days. That can easily get confusing or be lost track of much more so than something that resets on the same day every week.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Kahl’s second ‘Break Narmer’ mission, Junk Run, is available if you’ve ranked up to Encampment in Kahl’s Garrison before the rollover occurred on Sunday. If you have yet to take on Kahl’s Sneaky Sabotage, Junk Run will await you after his next rollover.

Speaking of Kahl’s next rollover, we’re moving that date/time to align with the Archon Hunt rollover of Wednesday, September 28th at noon ET, meaning there will be no rollover this Sunday, September 25th. We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

We plan to eventually move both Kahl’s Break Narmer missions and Archon Hunts to align with the classic Sunday reset (think Nightwave). We’ll update you when we’ve made that change!

Thank you!

it mean i have nothing to do at weekend because everything already done and get less points because kahl mission always available every 5 days but if we changed this then it become longer at 7 days.

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

While you are here , could you have the eart (planet) timing for day and night match the timing of PoE (node) ?

I just feel odd when I go to a mission on earth and its day , while for poe it's night.

Unfortunately they are different lengths making this difficult to change. Day and night on earth nodes is 4 hours while Day on the plains is 1 hour 40 minutes and Night is only 50 minutes. Making the plains match earth nodes timer would probably let people farm too many eidolons while at the same making them more unlikely to be able to farm eidolons at all if they have less than 4 hours of playtime available to them. Changing the nodes to match Plains time would make it a lot more of a PITA to farm the night plants for the silver grove quest or farming the spectres later on.

26 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Changing the nodes to match Plains time would make it a lot more of a PITA to farm the night plants for the silver grove quest or farming the spectres later on.

I do not follow this , it's already a pita to farm either of them as they are on a 4 hour interval. So you can have the bad fortune of having to wait 4 hours to scan the plants you need.

A shift to poe time would actually make it more accessible for players with less time as you then have to wait a maximum of 1 hour 40 minutes as compared to 4 hours.

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I do not follow this , it's already a pita to farm either of them as they are on a 4 hour interval. So you can have the bad fortune of having to wait 4 hours to scan the plants you need.

A shift to poe time would actually make it more accessible for players with less time as you then have to wait a maximum of 1 hour 40 minutes as compared to 4 hours.

You only have 50 minutes of night. That leaves you drastically less time to collect night plants than 4 hours. Especially if you aren't there right when night starts. Considering I almost always miss night on the plains (just let both orb vallis and plains narmer missions exist at the same time for god's sake) I'm happier with the 4 hour rotation because I can hop on at different time on my weekends than I can during the week and pick up the plants then. If the duration of night and day was actually even say 1 hour 30 minutes for both I would be all for the change. They probably don't want to give eidolon farmers an extra 40 minutes though considering people can apparently do 3x9's and I've heard legend of 3x12's

25 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

You only have 50 minutes of night. That leaves you drastically less time to collect night plants than 4 hours. Especially if you aren't there right when night starts. Considering I almost always miss night on the plains (just let both orb vallis and plains narmer missions exist at the same time for god's sake) I'm happier with the 4 hour rotation because I can hop on at different time on my weekends than I can during the week and pick up the plants then. If the duration of night and day was actually even say 1 hour 30 minutes for both I would be all for the change. They probably don't want to give eidolon farmers an extra 40 minutes though considering people can apparently do 3x9's and I've heard legend of 3x12's

You are missing something crucial.

Earth (planet ) cycles are fixed , based on real time so players that have a fixed time available for playing will always get the same day or night tile at the same time they log in.

Poe cycles skew a little bit , so over 3 days you will gain access to both day and night at the same time of the day.

Here you are talking about spending a weekend , i am saying you can do it in half that time.

And 40 minutes not being enough to scan? Well good thing you can do it over a few days and not wait for the weekend either.

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

In that case I would support consolidation.

I was wrong, a friend corrected me, Maroo and Clem's missions reset on 00:00 UTC Monday which for DE  is 20:00 EDT Sunday so they it would only be two resets.

16 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You are missing something crucial.

Earth (planet ) cycles are fixed , based on real time so players that have a fixed time available for playing will always get the same day or night tile at the same time they log in.

Poe cycles skew a little bit , so over 3 days you will gain access to both day and night at the same time of the day.

Here you are talking about spending a weekend , i am saying you can do it in half that time.

And 40 minutes not being enough to scan? Well good thing you can do it over a few days and not wait for the weekend either.

and I still manage to miss Nights on the plains nearly every time I can play even with them moving around. Being able to predict exactly when day or night can happen in the future can be a benefit too. You're going about changing my mind the wrong way. My issue is that 50 minutes is too short, telling me how I only have to wait 1h40m for it to change doesn't matter if I don't want to or cannot wait for night to come around again. The Rare plants don't spawn every time. I'd rather spend the time all at once when I am able and want to scan than play the guessing game with striking it lucky on it being night and having to spread it out over multiple days instead of waiting for one day on the weekend.

In the previous Khal mission, sneaky sabotage, even afte hotfix 32.0.6, k-drive parts spawned inconsistently. I've done 4 additional runs after hotfix 32.0.6, each run lasting about an hour, scouring every nook and cranny of the map for the k-drive parts. 2 runs had no k-drive parts spawn, 1 run had 3 parts spawn and the last run had only 2 parts spawn. Because of that I wasn't able to complete the challenge.

Is this going to be addressed or fixed now or in the future, or is it gonna be forgotten like the plethora of bugs in game that have been reported for years and DE has ignored and will probably keep ignoring?

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I was wrong, a friend corrected me, Maroo and Clem's missions reset on 00:00 UTC Monday which for DE  is 20:00 EDT Sunday so they it would only be two resets.

and I still manage to miss Nights on the plains nearly every time I can play even with them moving around. Being able to predict exactly when day or night can happen in the future can be a benefit too. You're going about changing my mind the wrong way. My issue is that 50 minutes is too short, telling me how I only have to wait 1h40m for it to change doesn't matter if I don't want to or cannot wait for night to come around again. The Rare plants don't spawn every time. I'd rather spend the time all at once when I am able and want to scan than play the guessing game with striking it lucky on it being night and having to spread it out over multiple days instead of waiting for one day on the weekend.

How does that change at all over the weekend where you can pick whenever you want to log in ?

I see some people are asking to keep the staggered reset, but I disagree. For me that's very confusing, and it would make keeping up with everything much more stressful. In fact, I didn't even realize that they had a different reset time, as I intuitively assumed the Archon Hunts reset on Sunday night just like everything else. Now I'm left worrying about whether I've missed a run or not...

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We plan to eventually move both Kahl’s Break Narmer missions and Archon Hunts to align with the classic Sunday reset (think Nightwave). We’ll update you when we’ve made that change!

Thank you!

Nice.

Honestly from my point of view and wanting to give constructive criticism I pretty pretty much hate 100% that it’s being rolled over where everything is a week. I personally enjoyed having something to do every 3-4 days. It also gives you a different shard in Kahls garrison in case you don’t like the current archon giving the player more choice

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Kahl’s second ‘Break Narmer’ mission, Junk Run, is available if you’ve ranked up to Encampment in Kahl’s Garrison before the rollover occurred on Sunday. If you have yet to take on Kahl’s Sneaky Sabotage, Junk Run will await you after his next rollover.

Speaking of Kahl’s next rollover, we’re moving that date/time to align with the Archon Hunt rollover of Wednesday, September 28th at noon ET, meaning there will be no rollover this Sunday, September 25th. We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

Thank you!

Bring back 100% ammo max or atleast 70% for Merciless arcanes please....;)

People arguing for staggering don't make sense since they are thinking that it somehow gives you something extra to do "in the mean time" like you somehow lose activities if the reset is on a different day. Putting all resets on the same day is only a straight advantage for scheduling purposes and those complaining haven't thought about it enough.

17 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

I preferred having things staggered some.  Everything being on Sunday night is convenient to remember but just dumps a bunch of things to do at once.  Figured the archon off shift was partially to help with the matchmaking allowing people to focus on different things different days of the week. 

Having things to do "all at once" is good since you still get all week the same as its always been to do those things. If you need to stagger those things then just stagger them yourself. Let people knock out the content in one day if they have the inclination. 

Hello again!

Wanted to provide additional information on reset cadence for Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions and Archon Hunts. Because we moved the next Kahl mission to Wednesday, September 28th - ‘Break Narmer’ missions will need to return to a normal cadence after the fact.

After Kahl’s next mission on September 28th, we will be setting Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions - as well as Archon Hunts -  to reset every Sunday at 00:00 GMT (Nightwave reset) starting on October 2nd. 

For clarity, resets will occur as such:

• The next ‘Break Narmer’ mission will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • The next Archon Hunt will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • October 2nd will then bring the following ‘Break Narmer’ and Archon Hunt missions, resetting on Sundays.

Thanks all and we’ll see you on Wednesday!

58 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

Hello again!

Wanted to provide additional information on reset cadence for Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions and Archon Hunts. Because we moved the next Kahl mission to Wednesday, September 28th - ‘Break Narmer’ missions will need to return to a normal cadence after the fact.

After Kahl’s next mission on September 28th, we will be setting Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions - as well as Archon Hunts -  to reset every Sunday at 00:00 GMT (Nightwave reset) starting on October 2nd. 

For clarity, resets will occur as such:

• The next ‘Break Narmer’ mission will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • The next Archon Hunt will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • October 2nd will then bring the following ‘Break Narmer’ and Archon Hunt missions, resetting on Sundays.

Thanks all and we’ll see you on Wednesday!

theres an issue with only 4 gene stamps spawning, is the QoL changes that kahl's challenges carry over to re-runs (within the same week) coming soon?

15 hours ago, FuriousRat32 said:

In the previous Khal mission, sneaky sabotage, even afte hotfix 32.0.6, k-drive parts spawned inconsistently. I've done 4 additional runs after hotfix 32.0.6, each run lasting about an hour, scouring every nook and cranny of the map for the k-drive parts. 2 runs had no k-drive parts spawn, 1 run had 3 parts spawn and the last run had only 2 parts spawn. Because of that I wasn't able to complete the challenge.

Is this going to be addressed or fixed now or in the future, or is it gonna be forgotten like the plethora of bugs in game that have been reported for years and DE has ignored and will probably keep ignoring?

On Prime Time #319 they started off talking about this change and mentioned making challenges like that one being cumulative over multiple runs so if you have trouble finding them in one go.  So if you get three in one run you'd complete the challenge on the next part you find in any other run.

19 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

How does that change at all over the weekend where you can pick whenever you want to log in ?

it means instead of having a wide window to login during and knowing exactly when it will be night I'll have exactly the same issues as I do hunting vomvalysts, farming wisps, or trying to play corpus narmer missions:

1. Log in see if it's the right time.
    1. It's the right time, cool.
      1. Run missions
      2. Don't have enough time to complete the task I'm doing
      3. Be annoyed.
    2. It's the wrong time, damn.
      1. Do I have enough time to wait for it?
        1. Yes
          1. Find something to distract myself in game
            1. get too distracted and miss the next night period.
            2. It's my own fault, but now I'm annoyed at myself for not paying attention and the game for having a needlessly inconvenient and constantly changing time gate.
          2. Quit warframe and set a timer.
            1. Come back for night
            2. Run Missions
            3. Don't have enough time to complete the task I'm doing
            4. Be annoyed.
        2. No. Play a different game instead.

Or the other alternative:

1. Check warframestat.us
    1. It's the right time.
      1. Run missions
      3. Be annoyed.
    2. It's the wrong time.
      1. Play a different game instead.

Look I get that having the bad luck to almost always start warframe when It's Day on the Plains is a me issue but I really don't want to have to deal with that on earth too. At least if the Night on Plains was longer I would have both a greater chance of encountering it and more time to accomplish what I'm there for without having to wait/play for ~5 hours just to get 1h40m of night.

27 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

it means instead of having a wide window to login during and knowing exactly when it will be night I'll have exactly the same issues as I do hunting vomvalysts, farming wisps, or trying to play corpus narmer missions:

1. Log in see if it's the right time.
    1. It's the right time, cool.
      1. Run missions
      3. Be annoyed.
    2. It's the wrong time, damn.
      1. Do I have enough time to wait for it?
        1. Yes
          1. Find something to distract myself in game
            1. get too distracted and miss the next night period.
            2. It's my own fault, but now I'm annoyed at myself for not paying attention and the game for having a needlessly inconvenient and constantly changing time gate.
          2. Quit warframe and set a timer.
            1. Come back for night
            2. Run Missions
            3. Don't have enough time to complete the task I'm doing
            4. Be annoyed.
        2. No. Play a different game instead.

Or the other alternative:

1. Check warframestat.us
    1. It's the right time.
      1. Run missions
      3. Be annoyed.
    2. It's the wrong time.
      1. Play a different game instead.

These points remain true even now. So i really can't agree with you on this. 

28 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Look I get that having the bad luck to almost always start warframe when It's Day on the Plains is a me issue but I really don't want to have to deal with that on earth too. At least if the Night on Plains was longer I would have both a greater chance of encountering it and more time to accomplish what I'm there for without having to wait/play for ~5 hours just to get 1h40m of night.

Yes , it is a you problem and there are those that will have the same point of view as you , just as there will be those that agree with mine as well.

I am perfectly ok if they are both one hour each , i just want a bit more consistency and not have to wait 4 hours or the weekend to scan a particular thing and missing that wait another week.

And You are more concerned on spending as much time as possible hunting for plants (really ? You need 4 hours to scan enough plants ? Pretty sure we can agree on a shorter duration )

Archived