Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Kahl’s Next Break Narmer Mission

[DE]Megan

On 2022-09-21 at 3:44 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

Thanks for the update but I have a quality of life issue with Kahl I need fixing. Whne playing Kahl, I don't know which ability I'm on. There's no indication vat all. For Warframes the abilities highline blue and there are 4 dots under the crosshair. We need something like that for Kahl.

40 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

These points remain true even now. So i really can't agree with you on this. 

Yes , it is a you problem and there are those that will have the same point of view as you , just as there will be those that agree with mine as well.

I am perfectly ok if they are both one hour each , i just want a bit more consistency and not have to wait 4 hours or the weekend to scan a particular thing and missing that wait another week.

And You are more concerned on spending as much time as possible hunting for plants (really ? You need 4 hours to scan enough plants ? Pretty sure we can agree on a shorter duration )

No, I don't need the full 4 hours to scan plants but if earth node's nights were on Plains' time and I wanted to farm plants for 1 hour It would take at minimum 2 hours and 40 minutes of my time with most of that being spent waiting for it to change to night again. At least on the 4 hour timer if I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes of my time I'd actually be farming the plants for the entire duration.

1 hour would probably be fine, personally I'd prefer 2 hours if it's all the same though. I just don't want it to match the plains because 50 minutes for night is not enough time for any of the farms I've done there and earth plants have finickier and more hidden spawns requiring more time and runs.

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

1 hour would probably be fine, personally I'd prefer 2 hours if it's all the same though. I just don't want it to match the plains because 50 minutes for night is not enough time for any of the farms I've done there and earth plants have finickier and more hidden spawns requiring more time and runs

Since plants only required for optional apothics that doesnt requires lots of resources from earth specifically imo it's safe to stay it never been a global issue. People are not farming daily if at all for these so timers don't need a change. 

If you having issues scanning when you need them my tips:

- wukong

-oxylus with scan matter

-resource booster if you think its necessary

- cephalon 2x chance widget perk when you scan and capture mission solo. 

Literally fly through with scanner equip to see highlighted greenary and oxylus scans too while moving around simple. 

18 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

After Kahl’s next mission on September 28th, we will be setting Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions - as well as Archon Hunts -  to reset every Sunday at 00:00 GMT (Nightwave reset) starting on October 2nd. 

So back to doing everything in a single day, then not playing warframe for a whole week, got it

3 hours ago, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

Since plants only required for optional apothics that doesnt requires lots of resources from earth specifically imo it's safe to stay it never been a global issue. People are not farming daily if at all for these so timers don't need a change. 

If you having issues scanning when you need them my tips:

- wukong

-oxylus with scan matter

-resource booster if you think its necessary

- cephalon 2x chance widget perk when you scan and capture mission solo. 

Literally fly through with scanner equip to see highlighted greenary and oxylus scans too while moving around simple. 

Apothics aren't optional if you want to finish the silver grove. I'm not having problems scanning plants I'm having a discussion with another user about changing the 4h earth day/night node cycle to match the Plains of the Eidolon 1h40m day and 50 minute night which I do not want because 50 minutes is too short to comfortably accomplish anything I've had to farm at night on the plains.

On 2022-09-21 at 5:28 PM, Voltage said:

I feel like it would probably be better in the long run if all weekly rotations reset at the same time as to be predictable for the player instead of being a nightmare to track like Tenet Melee weapons from Ergo Glast.

Right, technically speaking, there's no benefit or downside to them resetting at any specific time in terms of when people can do them, you can do them every Wednesday if you want even if they reset every Sunday, but it's certainly easier to TRACK that reset if everything resets at the same time and not have to remember a ton of different times different things reset, totally agree with you.

On 2022-09-22 at 8:43 PM, [DE]Zach said:

Hello again!

Wanted to provide additional information on reset cadence for Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions and Archon Hunts. Because we moved the next Kahl mission to Wednesday, September 28th - ‘Break Narmer’ missions will need to return to a normal cadence after the fact.

After Kahl’s next mission on September 28th, we will be setting Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions - as well as Archon Hunts -  to reset every Sunday at 00:00 GMT (Nightwave reset) starting on October 2nd. 

For clarity, resets will occur as such:

• The next ‘Break Narmer’ mission will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • The next Archon Hunt will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
  • October 2nd will then bring the following ‘Break Narmer’ and Archon Hunt missions, resetting on Sundays.

Thanks all and we’ll see you on Wednesday!

Needs to be its own announcement. Plus, no more hotfixes?

So if I understand this correctly, Kahl’s Sunday mission this Sept 25th is being pushed back to Wed Sept 28th and then it's eventually going to be moved back to Sunday?

I don't understand how this makes any logical sense at all.  Shouldn't you move the Wed Archon hunt to Sunday reset and just make that one change instead of moving to wed and back to Sunday?

I tend to lose confidence in game developers when they do things that make no logical sense at all.  Like making weapons that are totally useless because of the self harm, then making them very useful, then creating content that matches that usefulness, then nerfing them so bad that they are no longer useful at all and then creating newer content that once again is like when the Wolf of Saturn was first introduced, just bullet sponges and not having the weapons to use against those bullet sponges because they have been nerfed into oblivion.

So this is announced in this way, on the forum and a huge disappointment to be honest, instead of a notification in game so we know what to expect ahead of time?

Who is making these decisions at DE?  Is there people fighting among themselves and this is the result of something like that?

that's the worse idea you've got DE. Having event mid-week  was a good idea. 
With my endgame  clan we do and finish the nightwaves the monday.
It's the Nightvawes day, if you put all the events the same day,  we will finish  all the things in one day and after having nothing new for all the week.

Too  much is too  much

This is such a stupid decision, why the #*!% did you change something that reset on a weekly basis already to be with the same time with the only random reset thing in the game. Just to then potentially reset it back why the #*!% was this a decision in the first place. You should have just make it so the first hunt have a shorter running time and just move it to the weekly reset then. And remove the sculpture and the riven from the archon hunt. 

On 2022-09-21 at 9:44 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Üdv, Tenno!

Kahl második 'Break Narmer' küldetése, a Junk Run , akkor érhető el, ha elérte a Kahl's Garrison táborhelyi rangsorát a vasárnapi átfordulás előtt. Ha még meg kell küzdened Kahl alattomos szabotázsával, a Junk Run vár rád a következő borulása után.

Ha már Kahl következő fordulatáról beszélünk, ezt a dátumot/időpontot áthelyezzük a szeptember 28-án, szerdán déli ET órára esedékes Archon Hunt átgörgetéséhez, ami azt jelenti, hogy ezen a vasárnapon, szeptember 25-én nem kerül sor. Van néhány kulcsfontosságú küldetésjavításunk, amelyeket szeretnénk élesíteni, mielőtt a küldetés elérhető lenne, és célunk a gyorsjavítás szerda reggel. 

Azt tervezzük, hogy végül mind a Kahl's Break Narmer küldetéseket, mind az Archon Huntst áthelyezzük a klasszikus Sunday resethez (gondoljunk csak a Nightwave-ra). Értesítjük, ha végrehajtottuk ezt a változtatást!

Köszönöm!

The game is getting boring.  It's even more boring now.  No challenge.  And instead of improving, you are making the situation worse like now.  I'm sorry, but that's the truth.  A lot of people left it because there was nothing they could do.  It's just boring.  I was waiting for Kahl to arrive today and when I saw that there were no missions, I immediately quit the game.  This isn't the old Warframe anymore. Sorry. 😞😭

Sadly i don't appreciate that change, now we will have all the reset in the same time, for end game playeurs we just have to connect on Monday, do Everything in one day or less and (maybe the new or median playeurs will be overwhelm with too much to do that day) then wait for the next week... Puting some "big" event on different days could provide some interest to launch the game everydays, but if you want to do it that way, juste put the reset of Paladino and Archimedian Yonta for there selling riven and Kuva on Monday too. I could see things like: 

-Monday >>> Night waves reset / Maroo ayatan hunt / Tenshin steel path honnor. 

-Tuesday >>> Khal Veil breaker mission. 

-Wednesday >>> Archonte Hunt. 

-Thursday >>> Riven and Kuva day by Paladino and Archimedian Yonta ( or more by the future if possible). 

-Friday >>> a futur event you could create. 

-Saturday and Sunday >>> less event days so people that can't connecte in the week could take time to do some events.

Thanks for reading.

13 hours ago, Prince_El-Ahrairah said:

Right in the very first post by Megan "We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning."

Thanks, but I should have been clearer. I was replying to the post in the quoted text not the original post.

'Mission fixes' for the new one that is coming is not what I am referring to. It's hotfixes for things like ammo, and all the other collaterally impacted aspect of gameplay.

So you move khal mission to wednesday, and in the future again to monday...This will cause to loose 105 points, what is equivalent for a shard and some extra points.

If you move it backwards, to not loose those points, It may cause people to not get some/total of previous week if they are doing kahl missions on monday/tuesday or wednesday before reset...

I don't understand claps for these.

On 2022-09-21 at 10:44 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Howdy, Tenno!

Kahl’s second ‘Break Narmer’ mission, Junk Run, is available if you’ve ranked up to Encampment in Kahl’s Garrison before the rollover occurred on Sunday. If you have yet to take on Kahl’s Sneaky Sabotage, Junk Run will await you after his next rollover.

Speaking of Kahl’s next rollover, we’re moving that date/time to align with the Archon Hunt rollover of Wednesday, September 28th at noon ET, meaning there will be no rollover this Sunday, September 25th. We have a few crucial mission fixes we would like to go live before the mission is available, and we aim to Hotfix Wednesday morning. 

We plan to eventually move both Kahl’s Break Narmer missions and Archon Hunts to align with the classic Sunday reset (think Nightwave). We’ll update you when we’ve made that change!

Thank you!

why you guys are changing the time resets? now i have to wait longer for khals new content... just give us new content why it does have to align with archon hunt it dosent make any sense it would be nice you guys would give some reasoning for this random move. 

4 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

why you guys are changing the time resets? now i have to wait longer for khals new content... just give us new content why it does have to align with archon hunt it dosent make any sense it would be nice you guys would give some reasoning for this random move. 

More annoying is why they change to wednesday and then again chage it to sunday in same week, they should change to wednesday and leave it there, to keep some content for mid week

5 hours ago, Gryzbi said:

Sadly i don't appreciate that change, now we will have all the reset in the same time, for end game playeurs we just have to connect on Monday, do Everything in one day or less and (maybe the new or median playeurs will be overwhelm with too much to do that day) then wait for the next week... Puting some "big" event on different days could provide some interest to launch the game everydays, but if you want to do it that way, juste put the reset of Paladino and Archimedian Yonta for there selling riven and Kuva on Monday too. I could see things like: 

-Monday >>> Night waves reset / Maroo ayatan hunt / Tenshin steel path honnor. 

-Tuesday >>> Khal Veil breaker mission. 

-Wednesday >>> Archonte Hunt. 

-Thursday >>> Riven and Kuva day by Paladino and Archimedian Yonta ( or more by the future if possible). 

-Friday >>> a futur event you could create. 

-Saturday and Sunday >>> less event days so people that can't connecte in the week could take time to do some events.

Thanks for reading.

I like it and I think the same. It's much more interesting to get into the game.

But there is a benefit to having them reset on staggered times, and that is to facilitate finding squads. When Nightwave resets, it's easy to find a squad to go find 3 cache in a sabotage mission. You don't really even have to go looking. If you wait three days, no one bites. Leaving Archons on Wednesday will concentrate the early rush on a different day and make jumping into a mission with a full squad much easier.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Broadway6 Heavy said:

But there is a benefit to having them reset on staggered times, and that is to facilitate finding squads.

This is a very good point.

While it is somewhat diluted by a reset happening "at midnight"( or generally "when most normal people sleep" 🙂), staggering missions on a "per day" basis infers THE best chance of finding a squad. And that is true for all kinds of squads: "friends-based", "pre-made" and "random".

Archived