Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE is nerfed, but Aimbot gets a pass?

-Moctezuma-

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

Pablo is sometimes all talk. He was supposed to nerf Saryn years ago.

I hope so. When I think about it though I don't think they would really single out stuff like Mesa or even Saryn unless one of them becomes horribly dominant.

Thermal Sunder rushing is definitely mission rushing though, they don't like that. I feel like it's way more likely to get noticed than something like Mesa. I think Its only saving grace right now is that you need to collect a bunch of stuff to make it work and not every player can do it yet ^^;

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Correction: he merely mentioned it in conversation and apparently got death threats. Very different situation.

Gross. 

Salt on a forum is one thing and complaining is okay but that is another. Some of the things that got said by people during the review bomb were also really repulsive too. 

Gamers can be awful humans -_-

You people cry about how disruptive things like AOE are and it's so tiresome.  Where?  Where are they disruptive?  My guess is fissures is where most of you are getting your feelings hurt because you "can't play" because the mean man with the rocket launcher got to the enemies first.  Nevermind it's all low level stuff that you could clear with an amp.  You didn't get to play ninja sniper so you're mad.

I was "disruptive" in fissures yesterday with titania.  I am frequently disruptive with off meta gear.  I literally had multiple fissures run where the rest of the team did 0 damage and kills because I was rushing because a bronze part wouldn't drop.  No launchers, no meta gear.  Still "disruptive."

You're all going to cry for nerfs until nothing is left but a handful of you wall latched up in the rafters with a latron, taking all day to kill a single enemy.  Y'all got AOE trashed, now you're here for mesa and xaku.  It'll be saryn next.  Then people will realize other frames are power houses and have top kill speeds (ain't no free lunch.  Figure out what you'll cry about next on your own.)and you'll come for them too.  

What's the end goal?  Making the game impossible to farm because kill speed is so low?

1 hour ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I hope so. When I think about it though I don't think they would really single out stuff like Mesa or even Saryn unless one of them becomes horribly dominant.

Thermal Sunder rushing is definitely mission rushing though, they don't like that. I feel like it's way more likely to get noticed than something like Mesa. I think Its only saving grace right now is that you need to collect a bunch of stuff to make it work and not every player can do it yet ^^;

They don't want mission rushing but they put drop rates at 0.0x% like that's not going to massively encourage rushing. 

No one wants an exterminate fissure to take 20 minutes only to get yet another evergreen bronze part instead of the BRONZE PART THAT'S LITERALLY THE SAME DROP CHANCE AS THE PART I'VE GOTTEN 10 TIMES IN A ROW.

They do not see the game they have made.  

Oh, and I can rush low to mid level fissures at close to the same speed as thermal sunder rushing with a dozen different builds.  It's not the build or ability.  It's the power gap.  Before the focus changes you could rush a lith fissure with operator and zenurik lightning aoe.  Rushing is a product of the game's design.  It will be here until the game dies, because if they slow the grind much more, the game will suffer for it.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

but whining about Ammo nerfs when you can do the EXACT SAME THING with ammo pads?

You aren't very smart are you? point to one time where I whined about ammo nerfs lol

I even say in the post AoE deserved a nerf, but go on, make stuff up lol

2 hours ago, AstrayRed84 said:

Plus u just seem ranting because ur toys got nerfed so everything else should get nerfed too XD ppl are so whiny in this community...

Another guy who accuses me of being salty about the aoe nerfs without even reading my posts lol

go ahead and check my profile reply history, you will see how anti AoE i've been lol

13 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

I don't understand how DE operates when it comes to nerfing stuff

Did AOE deserve a nerf? Yes.

But if AoE was such a big problem because it didn't allow players who used non aoe weapons to enjoy the missions they were in (as in, the entire room was dead before they could even kill one)

Then why does Mesa's peacemaker ability still exist? it is a literal aimbot, and all it costs is a little bit of energy, which btw, getting energy in warframe is extremely easy nowadays due to how many energy sources we have now (energy pizzas, operator energy bubble, etc)

"Oh but the line of sigth for the weapon to shoot decreases which each enemy shot at" 

People can easily recast the ability lol, just press 4 again and there you go

"Oh but that ability has its drawbacks, such as consuming energy while using it"

Do you know how easy it is to get energy in 2022? it doesn't matter if it is a high energy cost, you see these little blue things? these things are hella cheap and restore 100 energy per pulse

LargeTeamEnergyPack.png

So yeah, I think peacemaker should be removed and replaced with something that isn't a literal aimbot? lol

jTsMRJi.gif

mans actually crying about mesa.... yikes.

vor einer Stunde schrieb -Moctezuma-:

Another guy who accuses me of being salty about the aoe nerfs without even reading my posts lol

go ahead and check my profile reply history, you will see how anti AoE i've been lol

Oh i did read it. but something must make u mad that u rant about a random frame that u see once everyy 5-10 missions?!?

It makes no sense ontherwise. there are somuch powerful frames that have aoes that are way more powerful than mesa

I could see Peacemaker getting nerfed eventually, perhaps when Mesa Prime is unvaulted. That said, if Peacemaker ever becomes a problem, it'd be a better idea to just redesign the whole ability, rather than try nerfing it and hope it comes out well. However, Mesa has been the same boring camera-spinning aimbot for many years now, and Warframe has been fine, so I don't expect to see any changes to her soon.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

I could see Peacemaker getting nerfed eventually, perhaps when Mesa Prime is unvaulted. That said, if Peacemaker ever becomes a problem, it'd be a better idea to just redesign the whole ability, rather than try nerfing it and hope it comes out well. However, Mesa has been the same boring camera-spinning aimbot for many years now, and Warframe has been fine, so I don't expect to see any changes to her soon.

I hope that never happens.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

The Prime Vault still exists; it just rotates more frequently now and the available relics are easier to farm for. As of now, you cannot get Mesa relics unless you trade for them, so for all intents and purposes Mesa is vaulted.

Wrong.

https://www.warframe.com/news/prime-resurgence-returns

On September 14, the Prime Vault closes for good. In its place comes the new and improved Prime Resurgence.

Just now, Leqesai said:

Wrong.

https://www.warframe.com/news/prime-resurgence-returns

On September 14, the Prime Vault closes for good. In its place comes the new and improved Prime Resurgence.

Yes, I am aware that they changed the name, but the system is the same: 2 frames and their respective items are available for a while, then they become unavailable until their next showing. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Yes, I am aware that they changed the name, but the system is the same: 2 frames and their respective items are available for a while, then they become unavailable until their next showing. 

The system is not the same. Prime Vault is gone. Referring to off-rotation stuff as "vaulted" is inaccurate. They're simply not in the current rotation. 

Colloquially people will call off-rotation stuff "vaulted" but it is not accurate. There is no Prime Vault anymore.
It will be interesting to see how DE approaches the vernacular when Khora Prime Access ends but at this point I have no reason to believe they will continue calling stuff "vaulted" when Prime Vault is gone.

At this point I am mostly curious why the apologists are so bitter and angry.

I thought the story was the game is now exactly as it should be and the developers are perfect; what is there to be so upset about?

In so as corporate narratives, I will say I listen exactly as much as they listen to their customers, to keep things 'balanced', lol...

Heres another consideration. Aimbot usually carries negative connotation, because in many PVP games, its a form of cheating, scrubbery. You know, PVP shooters. Thing is, majority of Warframes powers and abilities would be cheap, dumb and godlike in those games. Imagine if in Call of Duty one guy on one team literally froze the entire other team, set them all on fire, turned them all to stone, stole all their guns and aimbotted, created giant tornados that swept them all up. Context matters. 

In Warframe, a lot of Warframes abilities and powers have auto targeting/auto aiming features, or are such large AOE they don't need to. Or they have homing. Mesa's theme is guns. The way Frosts theme is ice. Frost creates an Avalanche. No aim required. Mesa basically creates an avalanche too, but since guns are her theme, its bullets. Ash ninja, so swords, Styanax its spears. Garuda its talons. 

Its like some people are hung up on the term "aimbot" without considering context. We still actually have Wukong, who is aimbot, but is considered "nerfed" right now. Even though, the same arguments OP has made, would still apply, if hypothetically current Wuclone was always this way. No need to worry about energy, (even more so, since its a cast and not draining), can literally act independent of you. Does less damage, but weapons do so much damage, its not an "actual issue", and you can also spam energy pads too, if it somehow dies or you need to recast. Why is it getting a pass? Protea's turret? Xaku again. Chroma creates a Dragon turret. Looking through the entire cast of Warframe, so many have powers/abilities that involve auto targeting, homing, etc to actually hit enemies. A lot, you do have to aim at an enemy, but then if you do, its a large area of effect (think Magnetise or Gaze). Better to actually address which abilities are good/bad, like Xaku's Grasp vs Chroma's 4... Getting stuck on the term "aimbot brrr haha" doesn't really say anything. 

Like even in some PVP games, with guns, literal aimbotting on its own, can depend. In Overwatch for example, Soldier 76, isn't often meta, despite having an Ult that aimbots, because context matters. It has drawbacks, and sure, top end players in the right situation, will still destroy weaker players with it. Balance is often around characters/powers to themselves, not... stronger players against weaker content, which would be bad for multiple reasons. 

10 hours ago, nslay said:

Pablo is sometimes all talk. He was supposed to nerf Saryn years ago.

Saryn is not as good as many people think though. She is OP in ESO indeed but outside of ESO she's not particularly powerful (still more than just viable of course). And her nuke ability needs time to build up and maintain. She's not exactly low effort as a nuke warframe. Which is probably the reason Pablo hasn't  been working on her nerf.

Mesa's PM is hard to be automated and on top of that isn't particularly low effort compared to other nuke warframes. For one, it requires aiming as the reticle shrinks more as the longer the ability is activated, it has LoS checking and it locks Mesa in place. In low level mission it's not ultra effective because of how the ability works, in high level it subjects to enemy armor scaling. It's not weak that's for sure, but it's not easy to use and powerful enough to dominate usage.

14 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Saryn is not as good as many people think though. She is OP in ESO indeed but outside of ESO she's not particularly powerful (still more than just viable of course). And her nuke ability needs time to build up and maintain. She's not exactly low effort as a nuke warframe. Which is probably the reason Pablo hasn't  been working on her nerf.

I feel the same way.

In fact, my favorite way to play Saryn is to skip the spore-cycle altogether and focus on her ability to super-boost her damage. 

Archived