Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deep down, the Tenno are still the Orokin.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

They are obssessed with beauty. Other Orokin Empire characters like the entrati treat Tenno kindly while constantly insulting everyone else. The Tenno are also immortal, having reduced death to a mere sting. The Tenno also throw around their power recklessly as they dominate the system with impunity. It could be argued that this is still the Orokin Empire. Also I want a Tenno civil war to bring back clan wars. 

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

They are obssessed with beauty. Other Orokin Empire characters like the entrati treat Tenno kindly while constantly insulting everyone else. The Tenno are also immortal, having reduced death to a mere sting. The Tenno also throw around their power recklessly as they dominate the system with impunity. It could be argued that this is still the Orokin Empire. Also I want a Tenno civil war to bring back clan wars. 

This is what happens when you bring your spawn to work day, I won't be surprised if every mother of the Tenno was a Karen.

3 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

It was more attitude comparison, rather than biological.

...Even so...

Obsessed with beauty? where? Us players being obsessed with Fashionframe is not a cananical thing that makes the tenno obsessed with beauty 

The entrati treats us well while treating everyone badly? we are quite literally the only chance they have on Deimos, nobody is going there to save or help them, we saved them. they...shouldn't treat us well to have an ally that can do what they can't? 

Plus...after the Khal quest, it's pretty much being said that they will find other allies to help themselves.. 

Tennos are not immortal. TNW pretty much smacked this notion in our faces when Ballas made us into a little shishkebab. 

The fact that the Tenno has been able to come back from death is due to Eternalism, wich means that technically, hell...not even technically... that just means that everyone has miriads of different lives and can be taken from another timeline and put into another one. 

Pointing my finger to Teshin that is dead, but not really since he's still alive in the Duviri paradox timeline. 

about the Tenno using their powers with impunity...impunity for what? who should punish us? 

Vey hek? we are mercenaries that help the good guys in every way possible. it does mean that at times we could do stuff that is borderline evil but it always is for the better of the good guys. 

Alas...war will stain your hands of blood. there is really no way around it

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

They are obssessed with beauty. 

"Fashion frame" is a sarcastic joke that points out asking for true endgame content is inherently self-defeating

-----

Besides that, consider a major theme about Warframe: all history before the Orokin was wiped out. They succeeded where so many fascists before them failed, they rewrote history and installed themselves as the new epoch of human history. You cannot dig deep enough to escape them

The Tenno have done their best to reject the Orokin evils, but they can only do so much to move past an Orokin identity. Without any point for reference before the Orokin, the natural bias of the mind will still have some Orokin baggage. This was the awful truth New Loka learned in the Silver Grove: to truly escape all Orokin origins is impossible. All the plants on Earth, all the humans they have ever known, have Orokin ancestry at some level. It's miniscule, but never zero. Rather than chase an impossible dream, the true goal should be to rise above your roots. To learn from the Orokin evils and do better, to build a better world

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The Tenno also throw around their power recklessly as they dominate the system with impunity

We are powerful, but canonically the forces of the enemy are much stronger. Grineer and Corpus control half of the system each, all we can really do is precision strikes against military bases; we never really change the status quo. Look at our Relays; we built one on every planet, but the Grineer managed to wipe out most of them very quickly, and the rest are constantly under threat from both factions. If we can't even defend those, we definitely can't dominate the whole system.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The fashion obsession isn't exactly cannon as it's a community meme.

The factions we help are friendly because we help them, while the factions we're rude to are the ones we're fighting against.

Tenno are immortal due to the void/wally incident, which is vastly different from the Orokin method of forcibly transferring their soul (oro) into someone else's body.

And if Tenno were dominating the system then there wouldn't be Grineer, Corpus, and Infested everywhere still.

They're really nothing alike.

2 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Tennos are not immortal. TNW pretty much smacked this notion in our faces when Ballas made us into a little shishkebab. 

Which lead to the Operator arriving aboard the Zariman, very much alive.

Also, the plural form of Tenno is Tenno.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I agree with everything except for the PvP part.  The Tenno have absolutely inherited the Orokin hubris that led to their downfall.  The Tenno have not learned one bit from what caused the Orokin empire to collapse, and if not for the fact that there are so few of us, would probably end up following in their footsteps.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

They are obssessed with beauty.

ehh, I think you may be mixing up in-game universe Tenno with the people playing them; as IRL players you're totally right, we are pretty much turning into the Orokin: draping everything in gold, being total doorknobs to one another and all that, but this is because the Orokin themselves are basically the endpoint of all of humanity's worst traits: all our vanity, incompetence and imperialism reaching it's apex and manifesting into the ultimate empire that leads to an ultimate, catastrophic collapse. I'd argue that in some ways we're already in an Orokin age, it's just not gold enough and we just don't have Kuva or any form of immortality yet, but not for lack of trying..

in terms of the tenno within their universe, they are simply warriors, who do not care about appearance, only following the orders of the Lotus to try and maintain the balance of power within the system and deal with those who present a major threat to innocent life: if lotus told the Tenno to dress up in gold and garish colours, they would likely do it, but at the end of the day fashionframe isn't canon: if you look in the Leverian, frames and many weapons are depicted as totally default (no skins/default colours), and that's how they were being used.

Fashionframe, whilst certainly our endgame, is NOT Canon. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

The Tenno are immortal. Immortality =/= invincibility. The Tenno are immortal, but they are not invincible.

• 1 month later...
On 2022-09-22 at 3:33 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

The Tenno are also immortal, having reduced death to a mere sting.

On 2022-09-22 at 10:34 AM, OniDax said:

The Tenno are immortal. Immortality =/= invincibility. The Tenno are immortal, but they are not invincible.

Um, Tenno are most certainly not immortal. Or have you guys forgotten about Rell, the dead Tenno?

On 2022-09-22 at 9:54 AM, (PSN)max141064 said:

The fact that the Tenno has been able to come back from death is due to Eternalism, wich means that technically, hell...not even technically... that just means that everyone has miriads of different lives and can be taken from another timeline and put into another one. 

Eternalism has little to do with us coming back. We are tied to the void, that is what makes us immortal and coming back for more. Eternalism just means that there is an alternate version of us, it does not mean we are taken from another timeline. In reality, there are only two versions of us with direct access to eachother, the tenno and the drifter. All other versions are branched from either of those two versions, but in order for any of those branched alternates to have direct access to either tenno or drifter it would require a new Zariman event, which there hasnt been on either side of the actual rift.

If say the drifter would have died on his side, he'd be dead permanently if it happened prior to meeting with the tenno. Now however he is tied to the void and immortal in the same way as the tenno are. As to Teshin, it isnt positively post death Teshin we saw on duviri, it may just happen to be their Teshin. We also dont know yet when the duviri questline will play out, but since the drifter is goofing around as a mundane swords tooting horseback riding pleb chances are it takes place prior to him going to our side for TNW shennanigans. Time will tell.

People should really read up on eternalism before thinking it is some get out of jail freecard made up by DE. What DE made up is the Zariman, which is the bridge/gate that allows for us to actually interact with the alternate version that was branched from the classroom crossroads deal. Outside of that there are still rules.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Um, Tenno are most certainly not immortal. Or have you guys forgotten about Rell, the dead Tenno?

Tenno are Immortal. Here is the thing, Rell is never confirmed actually truly dead. We put him to rest but the rest is from the burden of keeping the Man in the Wall at bay. There is various forms of rest without it being death. Likely Rell still exists but he is in a sleep like state.

The Tenno are immortal through more quantum-based shenanigans where they're interlocked with all their other versions. That's what that cinematic of the New War showed with all the versions of the operator dying until you got to one that was (relatively) unharmed by the process of the Void infusion. Tenno can be killed, but the way they function just has them reverting to a state at the very least mimicking a timeline where the killing blow never happened, which is gameplay-wise how you can pop your operator back out immediately after they're killed without a scratch on them.

Even while stabbing the operator Ballas himself said: "You can't kill the Devil, Tenno, but you can send it back to Hell." He did kill the operator then, but due to the Paracesis' unique nature it delayed the operator's revival, which is why they were distorting as they drifted into the Void. It never stopped it however.

5 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

Tenno are Immortal. Here is the thing, Rell is never confirmed actually truly dead. We put him to rest but the rest is from the burden of keeping the Man in the Wall at bay. There is various forms of rest without it being death. Likely Rell still exists but he is in a sleep like state.

Tell is only alive if ghosts are alive, because he's a ghost

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

it takes place prior to Drifter going to our side for TNW shennanigans

Aaaaaand this is what killed a solid portion of my hype for The Duviri Paradox; my expectations were that it would happen after The New War, NOT before it

I still have some hype for Duviri left, but none of that is for its storyline anymore

This (along with less recent "happenings" from other games, coughWoWShadowlandscough excuse me) has taught me to curb my expectations heavily, at least when it comes to gaming

Story-wise: I am more hyped for what comes after Duviri, assuming there are (hopefully) more story updates afterward, and also assuming that Soulframe isn't going to be what actually "kills" Warframe (as some doomsayers have already been "theorizing")

EDIT - Okay, fine, I'll say it: I really, strongly dislike prequels... with the ONLY exceptions being those that are set in the DISTANT past, with little-to-no effect on the storyline of the originals in their continuity. For instance, when it comes to Star Wars... I hold KoTOR 1, 2, and TOR in much higher regards than Episodes 1-3. If Warframe wanted to do prequel storylines THAT badly, I would have very much preferred one that is set during the Orokin Empire, from a completely different / "new" character's perspective.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

but in order for any of those branched alternates to have direct access to either tenno or drifter it would require a new Zariman event, which there hasnt been on either side of the actual rift

not quite a Zariman event, one just needs to get involved with Wally, as seen with Baro in making his deal. Zariman is just our particular divergent point from Drifter reality.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Rell's death was special tho, he created a transference loop in his frame which was later destroyed.

The only confirmed ways to kill a tenno are by destroying his mind or by aging, the latter of which has not been seen outside of Rell even tho canonically years have passed since the tenno awoke from cryo sleep.

Archived