Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a hulk frame!

Vaml77

In terms of appearance, we got Atlas, Grendel and Hildryn (She-Hulk).  In terms of transforming into an invincible "Hulk mode", we got Valkyr with her 4 and possible Baruuk with his 4.

I suppose a new frame could be created to combine the looks and the ability?

Give them no shields, and a passive that gives scaling DR as their health drops.

Steal meat hook from the bone widow as a 1, give them excals old superjump and have it trigger heavy impact at start and finish for a 2. Roar AOE armor strip and attack speed increase as a three, and for a 4 a cone shaped AOE that does damage and ragdolls enemies.

Honestly most of this stuff exists in game already... now I want a frame that can just slot 4 abilities from other frames.

50 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

His entire leverian is just how he punched a space rock really hard.

and it was better than most of New War lol. sometimes I wish they'd give us a "VR Leverian" where we actually play a mission from the warframe's past: fighting the Philanthropist as Styanax, the Myrmidon as Ivara, and yes, punching a big space rock as Atlas.

we'd sort of get closer to the Hulk Cosplay if DE let us use Arch-melees in normal missions, so we could wield the Knux. 

A real Hulk frame would be cool, with grapples, smashes and similar things that involves using enemies and the environment as weapons. Probably the only well made part about Marvel's Avengers Hulk gameplay mechanics. Really fun grabbing mobs and using them as weapons or ripping up the earth to use as a melee weapon or throw at people.

Could really see it in WF with Bonewidow mechanics expanded on and given to a frame.

#1 Leap, simply leaps to target location, could also be a short hover after which you pick where to land, kinda like the devastator in Outriders.

#2 Grab can hold 2 enemies, if 2 are already held you will punch enemies with your enemies held, left swing, right swing, left swing and so on. Holding button will throw an enemy. Could potentially be used to grab containers and canisters or chests aswell.

#3 Groundpound, AoE with more damage if enemies are held

#4 Earsmash frontal cone AoE with high single target damage on the enemy at the final center point, more damage if enemies are held, also deals damage to held enemies.

Passive Dauntless Rage, works like adaptation, stacks to 90% but the DR is added to all damage types. 5% per stack maybe, or less to balance it. 5sec duration before stacks start to decay. Does not stack with adaptation.

Somewhere in there should be some form of life sustain.

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

In terms of appearance, we got Atlas

... i aint... but... have y-.... have you ever seen the hulk???

Like... li... Does he look like a tall skinny man???  Did you really mean in terms of appearance? Atlas? A a giant muscular brute? WHAT?

This is that, "I want the hulk!", "We have a hulk at home"

Type of energy right here, what the heck

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

you guys are crazy? atlas? valkyr? baruuk? omg....

Im convinced these people never seen the hulk before... atleast Rhino is a decent try, he's sorta a hulking brute type with his hard stomp and charge. Just needs to be bigger, and punch, and grapple things

Lol valk 😂😂😂 they have watched something where hulk is dressed as a cat with kitty claws i guess, a scene where hes all stretched out and flexible, gives a little hot "meow 😉😚" 😂😂😂 maybe we're missing out 😂

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

... i aint... but... have y-.... have you ever seen the hulk???

Like... li... Does he look like a tall skinny man??? Wha... wha???

Set him in his Agile Animation Set and slap on some of the "bigger" attachments.  With a bit of fashionframe imagination, I'm sure you can create a somewhat convincing Hulk out of Atlas.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Lol valk 😂😂😂 they have watched something where hulk is dressed as a cat with kitty claws i guess, a scene where hes all stretched out and flexible, gives a little hot "meow 😉😚" 😂

That you cannot see the resemblance between Valkyr and the Hulk shows that you only see the Hulk for what he looks like and not for what he is on the inside.  The uncontrollable rage, the hysterical transformation into an invincible killing machine...  Valkyr is probably the most Hulk-like Warframe of them all.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

#1 Leap, simply leaps to target location, could also be a short hover after which you pick where to land, kinda like the devastator in Outriders.

#2 Grab can hold 2 enemies, if 2 are already held you will punch enemies with your enemies held, left swing, right swing, left swing and so on. Holding button will throw an enemy. Could potentially be used to grab containers and canisters or chests aswell.

#4 Earsmash frontal cone AoE with high single target damage on the enemy at the final center point, more damage if enemies are held, also deals damage to held enemies.

Passive Dauntless Rage, works like adaptation, stacks to 90% but the DR is added to all damage types. 5% per stack maybe, or less to balance it. 5sec duration before stacks start to decay.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AegisGrey said:

Give them no shields, and a passive that gives scaling DR as their health drops.

Steal meat hook from the bone widow as a 1, give them excals old superjump and have it trigger heavy impact at start and finish for a 2. Roar AOE armor strip and attack speed increase as a three, and for a 4 a cone shaped AOE that does damage and ragdolls enemies.

I feel seen.

Is what grendal's concept should have been.

The only upside to being fat is the impact of mass. So for instance, most heavyweights have instant KO power, just from their weight alone.

Hulk/juggernaut/marshmallow man, should have been grendal.

Instead we got someone who eats a lot, then vomits, hmm...

In so far as the hulk's lore, I'd say no, or with reservations.

Hulk at the core, is uncontrollable rage, where you'd have to lose control of your warframe, in exchange for improved stats.

In hulk form the game would have to play for you, reflecting the loss of control.

Now with the wukong afk complaints, I am not sure there'd be support for a at least partial bot frame.

7 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Hulk/juggernaut/marshmallow man, should have been grendal.

Instead we got someone who eats a lot, then vomits, hmm...

I suspect that the devs did find inspiration from Mr. Stay Puft the Marshmallow Man when creating Grendel.  Or more precisely, find inspiration from the character that inspired Mr. Stay Puft, Michelin's Bibendum:

0bd6bd55b9264fada575e0175a1b0700_facts_b

Bib has seen multiple facelifts and looks like this now, but he absolutely still is the face for gourmands the world over:

Chef_Bib_2014_MG_Chicago_V1.0.0.jpg

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

A real Hulk frame would be cool, with grapples, smashes and similar things that involves using enemies and the environment as weapons. Probably the only well made part about Marvel's Avengers Hulk gameplay mechanics. Really fun grabbing mobs and using them as weapons or ripping up the earth to use as a melee weapon or throw at people.

Could really see it in WF with Bonewidow mechanics expanded on and given to a frame.

Passive Dauntless Rage, works like adaptation, stacks to 90% but the DR is added to all damage types. 5% per stack maybe, or less to balance it. 5sec duration before stacks start to decay. Does not stack with adaptation.

Somewhere in there should be some form of life sustain.

Doesn't really fit the warframe, bcos unlike the Hulk, warframe actually wields guns and melee. Rhino is the only frame that is closest to Hulk. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)AegisGrey said:

Honestly most of this stuff exists in game already... now I want a frame that can just slot 4 abilities from other frames.

I bet such a passive wouldn't stack with Adaptation, just like Caliban.

10 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Set him in his Agile Animation Set and slap on some of the "bigger" attachments.  With a bit of fashionframe imagination, I'm sure you can create a somewhat convincing Hulk out of Atlas.

Might as well say that for every warframe

10 hours ago, MqToasty said:

That you cannot see the resemblance between Valkyr

And say that for every beserker type lol

Archived