Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack AI needs some more context based scripts

Naomi37

Hi, Right now i'm farming out Spectra Vandal so been doing a LOT of Railjack and I have an AI flying my ship most missons while I focus on getting objectives.

As the AI in these missons is meant to fullfill the role of a player I would like to request some updated AI for the pilot based on actions the player is taking or the state of the misson. Here is a list of updated AI I'd like to see in order of which the AI should change behaviours.

0) If attacked, stop flying the ship and kill anything in the room.
1) IF a player is charging The Tunguska Cannon (Forward Artillery) The AI should check where the player is aiming and try to hold still unless what the player is aiming at moves into a position it can't be hit.
2) IF a player exposes a weak point on an objective (normally Radiators) the AI should try to move in a position to look directly at the object (allowing gunner AI or players on guns to destory it easily)
3) IF a player loads itself into the slingshot barrel face the ship towards the nearest thing it can launch itself into.
4) IF the ship is fighting a sheilded crewship use 1 mutantions charge (30s CD) to knock out its protection alteratively have it move to positions to shoot the shield protectors.
Else Fly towards nearest piroity taget and maintain 1500 - 2500 range( Crewship) or 1000 - 15000 (objective) If the crew member has pilot 5 include the bonus objective (as 5 pilot intristics shows it for players) and mark it for others.

These checks and reactions should allow a pilot AI to become a fairly good pilot for players and relive some frustration.

To display what I mean I have created a speed run. I decided the max time I'd like to see on the misson is 3 minutes per a segment and have the following segments; Bonus objective, Main objective 1, Main objective 2, Crewships 1 to 5, Fighters, Crewship 6. This means target time; 18 minutes. unknown.png

But this is what i meant but the game needs this.. Look at my speed run splits here, Bonus objective requires no AI help. took me 1 minute 18 seconds, By 3 minutes and 2 seconds I had cleared the first objective. But the core here.. is 18 minutes of that screen shot waiting for the AI to open the vent.

I posted an idea related to this sometime ago.

Basically if we're playing solo, we could take control of crew members temporarily, switching to their own view.

For example, if you're inside the objective, you could go to tactical menu, press the crew member and click "take control". You would then use the crew member as if it was your player/frame temporarily. Shoot the radiators if you selected a gunner, fly the ship if it's the pilot, whatever. After that you release control, and you're back in your frame inside the objective.

Not exactly what you want,  which to be fair seems way too OP - even more than what already is. but would be pretty fun IMO.

6 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I posted an idea related to this sometime ago.

Basically if we're playing solo, we could take control of crew members temporarily, switching to their own view.

For example, if you're inside the objective, you could go to tactical menu, press the crew member and click "take control". You would then use the crew member as if it was your player/frame temporarily. Shoot the radiators if you selected a gunner, fly the ship if it's the pilot, whatever. After that you release control, and you're back in your frame inside the objective.

Not exactly what you want,  which to be fair seems way too OP - even more than what already is. but would be pretty fun IMO.

I honestly Just want the AI to work.. Im okay with a bit of derp, but just having simple the players are trying to do this scripts would stop things like what i'm still in;
unknown.pngNow the timer is up at 37 minutes for this segment..still waiting for the raditor

We have supassed 1 hour on this test run. I am calling this one invalid something must of gone wrong with the misson if after an hour its still not broke it. I do know it can be broken by the AI as its done it on previous runs but going to restart this run.

1) &  3) - they're already supposed to hold position when a player's using the Tunguska Cannon/Archwing Slingshot, though it's still pretty flawed.

2) - Pilots/Gunners already do target things like radiators.  That said, sometimes they can destroy them all no problems, and sometimes they just bug out on the second radiator.  For some reason the bug makes em aim at a completely different spot, so the only way they're gonna hit the 2nd radiator is by pure accident.  Soon as you enter the RJ again tho, it seems to fix it cuz they'll immediately destroy the radiator.  It's a bug ive been hoping they'd fix for quite some time now :')....

4) pilots being able to use munitions to take out crewship shields would be nice.  From my experience, they do generally fly towards objectives and once they get in range they start roaming around looking for something to shoot.  It's just that the range seems to be a big larger than the suggested values are.  Getting in range of certain objectives (like Missile Platform and ShipKiller) is a bad thing though, so it would be nice if they had some logic to tell them to stay at a safe distance away from hazardous objectives.

Overall though, yes, crewmates could definitely use some adjustments that would truly make them great.

The problem with the AI of any game is that the more sophisticated an AI is, the more processes it entails and therefore consumes more hardware. If the AI of warframe is improved as some demand and as this game throws you 50 enemies in a room, that would be quite disastrous since many machines would try too hard and could not run the game correctly..

13 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

1) &  3) - they already can hold position when a player's using the Tunguska Cannon/Archwing Slingshot, though it's still pretty flawed. 

2) - Pilots/Gunners already do target things like radiators.  That said, sometimes they can destroy them all no problems, and sometimes they just bug out on the second radiator.  For some reason the bug makes em aim at a completely different spot, so the only way they're gonna hit the 2nd radiator is by pure accident.  Soon as you enter the RJ again tho, it seems to fix it cuz they'll immediately destroy the radiator.  It's a bug ive been hoping they'd fix for quite some time now :')....

4) pilots being able to use munitions to take out crewship shields would be nice.  From my experience, they do generally fly towards objectives and once they get in range they start roaming around looking for something to shoot.  It's just that the range seems to be a big larger than the suggested values are.  Getting in range of certain objectives (like Missile Platform and ShipKiller) is a bad thing though, so it would be nice if they had some logic to tell them to stay at a safe distance away from hazardous objectives.

Overall though, yes, crewmates could definitely use some adjustments that would truly make them great.

1) they do not hold positon more than pointing guns to shoot like always and though fairly good at holding aim at the edges they can spin wildly at times I missed a shot beacuse of this today so it is still a thing. This would be easy to do script wise you have the Tunguska Cannon charging script and you just add a suspend for the pilot AI and then a resume in the firing script or the abort firing script nice and simple.

2) They do target them with guns if the ship gets in position, this is why I was saying to change its movement not firing, also as shown in the screenshots it can break on first and seconds. but yes that bug.

3) With the slingshot I want to face something to do the animation where you enter by blasting into it, its awesome and right now the cannon doesn't really do that. so Im saying not hold still, but move to face so they can blast in.

but yeah improvements lets make the ships pilot aim towards things is the long and short and not fire at the invunerable crewship other than breaking that invun

21 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

The problem with the AI of any game is that the more sophisticated an AI is, the more processes it entails and therefore consumes more hardware. If the AI of warframe is improved as some demand and as this game throws you 50 enemies in a room, that would be quite disastrous since many machines would try too hard and could not run the game correctly..

Okay, see this AI isn't that tricky to do and won't take up that much more proncessing power. im not looking to improve Enemy AI, im looking to improve the rail jack pilot AI's lets take the first change. this is as simple as adding a line in the script that charges the cannon to suspend pilot AI and a line after its fired, or if fire is cancled to resume the AI proncessing wise you'd free up processing by suspending it until it fires.

The aiming scripts would take a bit more time as they have to check the facing of the ship is towards the targets. but the archwing AI already faces the player to shoot, all you'd need to do is use a modified verison of that to check if something is in the way and move around to try and see that point. some processing but not nearly as bad as your making it out to be.

Archived