Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

khalls gerrison/drifter camp expansion

onion_taster

The drifter camp has felt empty and unused even after the insertion of Khalls garrison. It's a beautiful space that's really well done. But it also has nothing to it in terms of depth of play or any real reason to go there after the new war besides the mission.

I have no idea how hard this idea would be to implement, or how resource-intensive it would be considering the already huge task of duruvi paradox around the corner. But adding a zoo-type area after you cross the bridge under Khall where all the animals you catch from both Fortuna and Cetus would give the opportunity for older players to spend the millions of resources they have and show off that they have the best collection of animals. As well as giving meaning to the drifter camp as a whole. 

Perhaps after reaching rank 5 and finishing the new war konzu or someone will prompt the player that there is a person who is exiled/can't work/something to the nature of you can buy them and have them work for you. Upon this, you have the opportunity to pay 1-2 million credits to purchase them and have them work for you (or some sort of weekly payment of 50k credits). They will show up in your drifter camp and take care of the animals and also function as a vendor for zoo-related decorations and upgrades to the surrounding terrain. Then the player can use animals and fish that they catch from fortuna and cetus to inhibit the zoo stall areas they set up within the camp.

I have more to this idea but as it stands i feel like a 4th grader rambling about a book they read for class so im going to stop here.

On 2022-09-22 at 3:28 PM, kasuto_kitygya said:

The drifter camp has felt empty and unused even after the insertion of Khalls garrison. It's a beautiful space that's really well done. But it also has nothing to it in terms of depth of play or any real reason to go there after the new war besides the mission.

I have no idea how hard this idea would be to implement, or how resource-intensive it would be considering the already huge task of duruvi paradox around the corner. But adding a zoo-type area after you cross the bridge under Khall where all the animals you catch from both Fortuna and Cetus would give the opportunity for older players to spend the millions of resources they have and show off that they have the best collection of animals. As well as giving meaning to the drifter camp as a whole. 

Perhaps after reaching rank 5 and finishing the new war konzu or someone will prompt the player that there is a person who is exiled/can't work/something to the nature of you can buy them and have them work for you. Upon this, you have the opportunity to pay 1-2 million credits to purchase them and have them work for you (or some sort of weekly payment of 50k credits). They will show up in your drifter camp and take care of the animals and also function as a vendor for zoo-related decorations and upgrades to the surrounding terrain. Then the player can use animals and fish that they catch from fortuna and cetus to inhibit the zoo stall areas they set up within the camp.

I have more to this idea but as it stands i feel like a 4th grader rambling about a book they read for class so im going to stop here.

Your formatting is hard to read for dark mode uses because it's reading black on black, and while I do support the notion of giving that back area more uses, (very hard to atm because the destructible rocks that respawn.) in the meantime have you considered using decorations to fill in that void for the moment? and speaking of, the room is twice as big as every other orbiter room, it should really have twice as much deco cap ngl.

Archived