Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Soloing Missions with NPC crew

PeanutButterWizard

Question

In the wiki it states, "Pilots will maneuver and destroy objectives that require outside assistance, such as Grineer point of interest external radiators."

I have yet to experience this. My Pilot is a 5 with a 5 in repair. He's never even shot at a radiator when in the Pilot role. 

This has been a Major issue for me. Having to go outside the structure myself, shoot the radiator, return inside to reveal the second radiator and repeat. 

Please tell me there is a way for my NPC Pilot to shoot those radiators.

(What is the deal with these required tags? There was none for Railjack so I used Warframes. I hope this isn't frowned upon.)

8 answers to this question

Last time I checked my guys were working pretty well.   What I do is...

- First off im the pilot on my ship.

- I dont tell my pilot guy to be a pilot until I hack the first radiator.

- Once he blows up both radiators, I tell him to go back to being the gunner or whatever my pilot is lol.  (Because they fly off to wait at the next base if they are the pilot)

--------

The pilot AI is bad,  it is buggy,  but its still faster than solo'ing the $#&%&@%$& stupid friendship gates.  

==================

Railjack is an awesome mode,  I wish they would keep hammering away on it.     Starting a mission needs completely redone so it doesnt cause such nasty desync issues.    It should have been built from the start to be launched from your orbiter and for you to return to your orbiter when its over!!  The dojo is great for building a RJ and quests like Tempestarii   but the dojo for general R should have never factored in.   

Grineer side needs revamped to be a LITTLE bit like corpus.   Now DE said there was a huge problem with grineer missions having enemies inside and outside of bases thats why corpus is more traditional with loading you into normal maps for the on-foot portion....      We just need grineer side to not have stupid inside/outside gates....   grineer side is better because you actually get to have space combat.    I think corpus/grineer can both have a good amount of space combat and still have the normal on-foot missions....    Corpus side is almost totally devoid of space combat it feels like.   AKA its NEVER an obective lol.   But its version of inside/outside gates are those stupid security nodes with the hacking drones.  Those should die in fire.   

Even though corpus veil prox sucks because of all the bubbles of nullifiers and anti shield damage,  Its a fun place to go to do various things for nightwave.    Kill stuff,  use mech, pop relics,  etc etc.   Sadly I avoid grineer side...

But like I said corpus side has issues to.  Besides the security nodes and the anti warframe stuff,   Some of those mission types really suck.   That defense tile is still one of the worst tiles in the game and they refuse to do anything about it lol...

=====================

In any event.... randoms suck... even people you recruit can suck.   But as long as you can communicate what you need them to do another person can really help things along....  Some people enjoy RJ.   I join other peoples squads all the time just for fun.   Solo or Solo+AI  are not the only options.   

a) some time ago, the pilots were broken and did not shoot at targets (this was fixed, checked a couple of times. since then did not return to the railjack. could be broken again)

b) pilots have a very peculiar idea of what target they need to track. And they completely ignore debris interference.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb PeanutButterWizard:

In the wiki it states, "Pilots will maneuver and destroy objectives that require outside assistance, such as Grineer point of interest external radiators."

I have yet to experience this. My Pilot is a 5 with a 5 in repair. He's never even shot at a radiator when in the Pilot role. 

This has been a Major issue for me. Having to go outside the structure myself, shoot the radiator, return inside to reveal the second radiator and repeat. 

Please tell me there is a way for my NPC Pilot to shoot those radiators.

(What is the deal with these required tags? There was none for Railjack so I used Warframes. I hope this isn't frowned upon.)

npc pilot is a waste. ai is miserable. I'd rather have 2 gunners, because aimbots are great. and an engi with a top weapon.

so I farmed high end missions solo.
It's annoying that I have to keep porting back. but it's worth it because I can sprint fast and railjack is always in the right spot.

you also don't need lavos or anything like that. because the 2 gunners kill all small ships solo. only do the rest with arti.

I park my RJ away far enough that the radiator points can be seen from the cockpit.  My gunner shoots them, not the pilot.  It is extremely rare I assign anyone to that role.  When I did have a pilot assigned I would always have to wait for their patrol to be a the extreme rear of the RJ so I had time to blast a cewship that I had worn down because if not the would see your aim reticle and shot charging and belt out, "Not on my watch!" And abruptly fly away. 

TLDR:Don't ever rely on pilots, you're better off not assigning the role. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Corpus side is almost totally devoid of space combat it feels like.   AKA its NEVER an obective lol.

We must be playing a different game then, because I almost always get a "Destroy X / Y Crewships" objective in Corpus missions, especially when solo, which is even worse. 🙄

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But its version of inside/outside gates are those stupid security nodes with the hacking drones.

What are you talking about here?  What is this "inside/outside" gates?  Are you talking about the transitions from RJ/archwing section to the Warframe ground combat section?

Thank you, Everyone! I appreciated your responses and will stop expecting so much from the Pilot (and from the Elite NPC crew members)! :)

Chiming in with the different ways of approaching the radiators, playing solo, was a great help as well! 

I've played solo for so long, I often forget there is a huge community of players to get help from. You guys really fill in the blanks missed by the wiki. You are appreciated.

Archived