Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime, The Fire Turkey Lizard Thing.

Ragingkitty

okay, i like how the devs put hard work into their art. and concept art. but im sorry ember prime looks like a fire turkey. not at all how i envisioned her as a prime. she is supposed to be a phoenix. but her head looks like a lizards on fire. why couldn't they just have her mohawk on fire. and her arms. looks like she is infected. why dont you give her talons comming down the sides of her arms, like the dinosaur raptors. similar to that of a bird. not to mention she looks like a muscle dude in a female costume. her shoulders are to bulky like the original war frame. and not phoenix like what so ever. please devs come up with a different design. she is supposed to be the empress of fire, not the turkey reptile thing of fire. so please new design.

mFFVIRp.gif

geoff gets me every time with this one. best line ever

anyway, I think the fire looks sweet, and the three-pronged horn made of gold? way better than cage-head (guess that could be either frost or mag prime, but in this case I mean frost prime. mag prime is cyclops prime). I like how the prime frames have alternated between white and black as their main color. I dig it

I completely disagree, to me it does somewhat resemble a phoenix and I love her design.

This. She looks absolutely awesome in my opinion. I don't see this "turkey" at all, and the only reason why she looked like a chicken was her default helm.

I see absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Ember Prime and a "turkey". It sounds like you're just trying to find another poultry connection to Ember. So I shall copy/paste this gif, as I am in total agreement with it:

mFFVIRp.gif

okay, i like how the devs put hard work into their art. and concept art. but im sorry ember prime looks like a fire turkey. not at all how i envisioned her as a prime. she is supposed to be a phoenix. but her head looks like a lizards on fire. why couldn't they just have her mohawk on fire. and her arms. looks like she is infected. why dont you give her talons comming down the sides of her arms, like the dinosaur raptors. similar to that of a bird. not to mention she looks like a muscle dude in a female costume. her shoulders are to bulky like the original war frame. and not phoenix like what so ever. please devs come up with a different design. she is supposed to be the empress of fire, not the turkey reptile thing of fire. so please new design.

i tend not to be too invested in the aesthetics of the frames. The designs are what they are, and i like seeing what else the designers produce.

it fits with the other primes, a bit too many pointy bit if im being nit-picky, but ember was a flamboyant design to begin with tbh.

Edited by MillbrookWest

i tend not to be too invested in the aesthetics of the frames. The designs are what they are, and i like seeing what else the designers produce.

it fits with the other primes, a bit too many pointy bit if im being nit-picky, but ember was a flamboyant design to begin with tbh.

her design is great. but with the prime i have major issue with how the helmet looks and her arms. i think its cool that they are making her have flames on her head. but the issue is. her helmet looks like a chicken/lizard. and her arms looks like she spent to much time with the infected

her design is great. but with the prime i have major issue with how the helmet looks and her arms. i think its cool that they are making her have flames on her head. but the issue is. her helmet looks like a chicken/lizard. and her arms looks like she spent to much time with the infected

I absolutely unequivocally disagree. I see nothing that even resembles a lizard, and her arms don't resemble anything "Infected" either. The only thing I can see you thinking this way is her shoulder, which is slightly bigger than the other one due to what looks like something mounted on it. Other than that, nothing. Are we looking at the same thing here? Because it doesn't seem like we are.

Her helm is perfect, in my opinion. The elongation where her mouth would be looks more like a beak than anything else. The long strands of gold rising above her head are heavily reminiscent to the typical depictions of Phoenixes - either long feathermanes or flames.

Just did a quick screengrab:

EmberPrimeSmall.jpg

Compare her helmet to these:

Phoenix%20Flight.jpg

phoenix-anime-animal-11714453-800-732.jp

Hell, even many humanoid depictions of Phoenixes have that same elongated bit of "hair":

phoenix_by_brandrificus-d5mv3kp.jpg

Ember Prime resembles a phoenix. That's my opinion, and with all this backing that up, I'm probably not going to change it.

Edited by SoulEchelon

thank you for the better picture. but it still is the arms, like the forearm and shoulder parts now that bother me. that concept picture put a better prospective of her helmet thank you.

Ah so we actually WEREN'T looking at the same picture. xD!

Still, I don't see anything wrong with the arms. Again I think there's something mounted on that one shoulder; thus it's bigger. The forearm being larger than normal could simply be for a particular use. Many of her abilities are activated in some way with her right hand. Fireball = released from that hand. Fireblast = slamming the ground with that same hand. Same with World on Fire. Overheat activates when Ember stretches that same hand outward. Of course it's all speculation, but her Prime frame's thick forearm could just be part of how she activates her powers.