Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting negative standing with syndicates for orikin reactor/catalyst worth it?

SaltShaker68

Question

Long tittle but yeah that's my question. I've read up about syndicates and their standing since I wanted to start doing that after putting it off for so long cuz some many good mods as well as parts and blueprints are in those syndicates. 

I saw that you can get orokin reactor and catalyst in each syndicates once if you go negative standing with them excluding the the obvious i.e. conclave and simaris. Yes, you can get them at rank 3-4 with them if I remember correctly but I'm greedy and poor so got to have alternatives.

With the new slight changes to the syndicates way to get standing is it even worth it. I need some advice and opinions. I know if they hate me theyll send kill squads but I think it's manageable for now. 

Other than that is there any good syndicates that doesn't clash each other and are worth it? And should I be worried or wary of anything?

15 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, SaltShaker68 said:

I saw that you can get orokin reactor and catalyst in each syndicates once if you go negative standing with them

Ok, who told you this? This is not how it works. If you're talking about rank up, you actually pay those syndicate reactors/catalyst for rank up.

Yeah, its worth doing

keep in mind it only has to be Once per syndicate, you don't have to do sacrifices again if you rank up/down again later

The idea is to Swap between the Left and Right 3 Syndicates each Prime Release.

so: be max for 3 Left. New Prime Drops

burn through Syndicate Standing buying up Relic Packs (which Can contain the new Prime)

when I'm out of standing for rank 5, turn in a Medallion for the Right Syndicates to De-Rank the Left to 4.

OMG I'm level 4 now, and suddenly full of Spendable Standing again!

Burn more Standing on Relic Packs

turn in enemy medallion, repeat till all 6 syndicates are neutralized

All Prime Relics gotten just by playing with menus. no Void Farming.

Flip to the Right side and start building up Standing again for the Next Access.

Flipping and playing both sides is vital, since you need to be able to stockpile medallions for all sides. Medallions needed for de-ranking.

anyway, yeah, the Reactor/Catalyst sacrifices are needed to set it all up the First Time, but its easier for later flips.

*Correct me if I'm wrong, I see some red-herring here for the "trick" in exchanging standing points with Relics Packs

15 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

All Prime Relics gotten just by playing with menus. no Void Farming.

By using this, you're literally using up all the points you've accumulate in previous rank up. 

For instance, you rank down from rank 5 to rank 4, you have to trade some medallions for other syndicate in order to rank down 5 to 4. Then, 'out of sudden' you get full 99,000 standing point in rank 4. But the fact it, that 99,000 'Spendable Standing' is the points you used to accumulate to rank up from rank 4 to rank 5 previously, not a free points.

In short, this method is basically using up all the points you've been accumulate previously, it doesn't comes 'free'.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Flip to the Right side and start building up Standing again for the Next Access.

This is also a myth, in order to rank down from rank 5 all you need to is spend all the points then trade the opposite medallions to further rank down to 4-3-2-1.

But the point is that if you flip up the other side of the ranking, you need to pay 44,000 + 22,000 + 5,000 = 71,000 points for nothing in return just to rank up negative rating from -2 rank just back to Neutral.

Note: Prior to you have rank 5 in either which syndicate(s) before you rank them down, the opposite syndicate(s) is definitely down to -2 rank at some point.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Flipping and playing both sides is vital, since you need to be able to stockpile medallions for all sides. Medallions needed for de-ranking.

anyway, yeah, the Reactor/Catalyst sacrifices are needed to set it all up the First Time, but its easier for later flips.

Yes, I do agreed that stockpile medallions is good, you can literally rank a syndicate up from -2 to rank 5 just by trading the syndicate medallions, prior to you got enough stockpile, since syndicate medallion's points is not counted as and bypassed daily standing limit.

But still, you need to pay 71,000 at least for nothing just to rank up the opposite side of the syndicate back to Neutral. While you can just spend the points initially on Relics Pack itself in the first place, (i) by not ranking down and buy with the points you've accumulated previously when ranking up, and (ii) by just spending medallions to trade the standing points at the first place without ranking down as well.

Besides, for those who reading, for reminder, for flipping/re-ranking to the other side of the syndicate, first time ranking up will have to scarifies resources/potatoes/prime parts.

Personal Note: I've rank up few times from "Hexis & Suda" combo to "Perrin & Loka", the back from "Perrin & Loka" combo to "Hexis & Suda", I just know roughly how the points go but not very detail, maybe you can point out what's the gimmick on your 'trick' that I missed/failed to get it. 
My current syndicates' rank as below just for a glance:-

Spoiler

Vuke1rN.jpg

44 minutes ago, YouDontCB_87 said:

*Correct me if I'm wrong, I see some red-herring here for the "trick" in exchanging standing points with Relics Packs

By using this, you're literally using up all the points you've accumulate in previous rank up. 

For instance, you rank down from rank 5 to rank 4, you have to trade some medallions for other syndicate in order to rank down 5 to 4. Then, 'out of sudden' you get full 99,000 standing point in rank 4. But the fact it, that 99,000 'Spendable Standing' is the points you used to accumulate to rank up from rank 4 to rank 5 previously, not a free points.

In short, this method is basically using up all the points you've been accumulate previously, it doesn't comes 'free'.

Reveal hidden contents

Vuke1rN.jpg

Yes this is Correct, I didn't say 'free', I said 'no void'.

I am Burning Syndicate Rep

it is not free and it has to be Earned Back in the intervening months between Prime Accesses

Think of the Syndicates as a 'battery' storing up farming time ranking them up for months, but able to discharge them all as Relics all at once.

Months farming Ranks, versus a week farming Void Relics.

This is Inefficient, but The Point of doing it this way is Instant Access.

and Hit the Sweet Spot of "WTS XXX New Prime 1000plat" which occurs if you can get in that tiny first day first hour window. But prices drastically fall each following day.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes this is Correct, I didn't say 'free', I said 'no void'.

I am Burning Syndicate Rep

it is not free and it has to be Earned Back in the intervening months between Prime Accesses

Think of the Syndicates as a 'battery' storing up farming time ranking them up for months, but able to discharge them all as Relics all at once.

I see, thanks for clarification.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Months farming Ranks, versus a week farming Void Relics.

This is Inefficient, but The Point of doing it this way is Instant Access.

and Hit the Sweet Spot of "WTS XXX New Prime 1000plat" which occurs if you can get in that tiny first day first hour window. But prices drastically fall each following day.

That's some very first hand & big brain in selling new prime move. (jot down)

I'm not sure why you're switching syndicates though.  All the syndicates offer the relic packs, so it's not like you're getting something different by buying them from a different syndicate.  Yet you're wasting a bunch of standing that could be used for more relic packs, by having to pay out the standing to rank them back up again.

For people like the OP  -- It's best to pick 3 aligned syndicates (Loka/Perrin/Veil  or  Suda/Hexis/Meridian)  - work with those 3 and get all the stuff you want, and either trade with other players for the things you want from the other syndicates (most things except the armour pieces are tradeable), or once you have everything from those 3, then switch to doing the other 3.  It's possible to do 4 at once, but personally I found it annoying and I'd recommend doing 3.

Yes you'll have to spend potatoes, forma and prime parts to rank the syndicates up, but you get access to useful augments, the relic packs and other stuff, so it's worth it.

4 hours ago, SaltShaker68 said:

is there any good syndicates that doesn't clash each other

For easy management, pick either the left or right half.

As for which half, maybe just choose based on the Syandanas offered, most of the rest can be traded.

Also if you need Potatoes, just sell Augments etc, they're a decent steady source of Plat,
way better in any case than a one-time "gift for pissing us off" (lol wut) would've been, if that existed.

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

You do not GET an orokin reactor/catalyst from ranking up with them you have to PAY an orokin reactor/catalyst in order to rank up to the next level.

I see that now lmao I rechecked it if I read it wrong since I was on mobile but thank you for the heads up.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

As for which half, maybe just choose based on the Syandanas offered, most of the rest can be traded.

Also if you need Potatoes, just sell Augments etc, they're a decent steady source of Plat,
way better in any case than a one-time "gift for pissing us off" (lol wut) would've been, if that existed.

Reread it dw I was dumb.

2 hours ago, 0bsi said:

I'm not sure why you're switching syndicates though.  All the syndicates offer the relic packs, so it's not like you're getting something different by buying them from a different syndicate.  Yet you're wasting a bunch of standing that could be used for more relic packs, by having to pay out the standing to rank them back up again.

For people like the OP  -- It's best to pick 3 aligned syndicates (Loka/Perrin/Veil  or  Suda/Hexis/Meridian)  - work with those 3 and get all the stuff you want, and either trade with other players for the things you want from the other syndicates (most things except the armour pieces are tradeable), or once you have everything from those 3, then switch to doing the other 3.  It's possible to do 4 at once, but personally I found it annoying and I'd recommend doing 3.

Yes you'll have to spend potatoes, forma and prime parts to rank the syndicates up, but you get access to useful augments, the relic packs and other stuff, so it's worth it.

I see, thank you. How annoying is it to do 4 at a time though? 

3 hours ago, 0bsi said:

most things except the armour pieces are tradeable

Armor pieces are actually tradable, but not as a set; you have to trade the chest, shoulders and legs each.

The syandana, however, is not tradable.

24 minutes ago, SaltShaker68 said:

How annoying is it to do 4 at a time though?

Very annoying.  Don't do it.

If you want to get literally everything by yourself, my suggestion is to rank up Hexis / Suda / Meridian, but all their stuff, then swap over to Loka / Perrin / Veil.

You could do it the other way around, however, I see TONS of people in trade chat trying to sell / trade their Hexis / Suda / Meridian items for Loka / Perrin / Veil items, so in the long term, you'll probably have better luck sticking with Loka / Perrin / Veil than Hexis / Suda / Meridian.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Huh?  There's three at the top and three at the bottom; how do you split that half / half left / right?

Also, the order they appear in your screen is based first off ranking, then alphabetically by name.

1 hour ago, SaltShaker68 said:

How annoying is it to do 4 at a time though? 

Too annoying, and it'll make it a lot slower.   For example....  If you choose Loka/Perrin/Veil/Meridian, then basically you can only actively level up Red Veil and New Loka, and passively level the other 2.  That includes when you're trading in medallions.

Because Perrin and Meridian are enemies, any standing you earn for one will remove the same amount of standing from the other.   So if you run a Loka mission or trade in medallions that earns 50% standing for Perrin, you're losing that 50% of standing in Meridian. 

So what you have to do is try and balance the loss you get. 

The best way I managed was to run the daily Loka missions while pledged to Veil, and vice versa  - to get Loka/Perrin up, then run Red Veil missions and regular other missions (while pledged to Veil) to bring Meridian's back up without losing any from Perrin.

But if you were running just Loka/Perrin/Veil, you can do missions for any 3 and all will remain happy.

11 hours ago, SaltShaker68 said:

I see that now lmao I rechecked it if I read it wrong since I was on mobile but thank you for the heads up.

Reread it dw I was dumb.

I see, thank you. How annoying is it to do 4 at a time though? 

4 at a time is fairly easy as long as you don't mind your 4th dipping low for a little while during farming standing for it's opposing factions. I normally run Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda and Red Veil. You farm Cephalon Suda and use allied standing to rank up Arbiters, then farm Steel Meridian and use allied standing to rank up red veil. When you need more suda or arbiters standing you run suda missions or pledge again and then bring red veil back up by running steel meridian at the same time to cancel out the loss or after recoup the loss.

Also if you didn't know you only have to make every sacrifice once even if you go back to enemy rank with the syndicate. I will switch syndicates and refarm up standing again to get the unique items because I like that more than trading.

Archived