Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Psychic Bolts

KrAyZy

Nyx Psychic Bolts are not working as intended. Psychic bolts are not stripping shields of corpus despite having 125%+ strength and 100% defensive strength strip. I've tested other armor and shield stripping abilities and it seems to be only localized to Nyx after this last patch update.

Edited by KrAyZy
typo

• 4 weeks later...

You'll need to supply more details, ideally builds and videos, if you're still seeing something wrong.  The bug as we understood it was that Nyx Bolts could not fully remove shields from Corpus enemies on the Steel Path and we fixed that in update 32.0.7

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

You'll need to supply more details, ideally builds and videos, if you're still seeing something wrong.  The bug as we understood it was that Nyx Bolts could not fully remove shields from Corpus enemies on the Steel Path and we fixed that in update 32.0.7

I experienced the issue in this week's Archon Hunt.  The ability seems to work properly in other mission types.

Build:

W9wZquM.jpg

Before casting Psychic Bolts:

mjxodcX.jpg

After casting Psychic Bolts:

vYD2PQ1.jpg

Enemy Shields Still Exist:

HEfUJdo.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

This spoilered post from MostlyUseless is inline with my experience. The Nyx I was using had a floor of 169% power strength, as seen in the attached image. Upon further testing I've found no issues stripping armor or shields from enemies on Steel Path. The issue appears to only crop up in Archon Hunts, or at minimum the Archon Hunt vs Nira.

Qu1DPGf.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Turns out that Archon Hunt was indeed the problem, it added the enemy defense buffs in a slightly different way than the Sortie, which confused the ability.  Making games is hard. Fixed for next update!

Is it possible the same issue might affect other armor strip / defense reduction abilities in Archon Hunts or maybe other odd modes?

I've only got one, really minor case specifically in mind:  today's Infested Mobile Defense sortie had the Augmented Armor modifierand I noticed  Fusion Strike wasn't changing their status bar color to red.  I looked at the wiki and it says "Armor removal effects have their potency reduced to 1/4th of their listed value. For example, 100% removal would be reduced to 25% and require 4 casts to fully remove armor."  I went back and tested again with Sonic Fracture, spamming the hell out of it, and couldn't get a red health bar.  I'd guess I hit some targets 7 or 8 times with 177% ability strength. 

• Like 3

On 2022-10-18 at 1:48 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Is it possible the same issue might affect other armor strip / defense reduction abilities in Archon Hunts or maybe other odd modes?

I've only got one, really minor case specifically in mind:  today's Infested Mobile Defense sortie had the Augmented Armor modifierand I noticed  Fusion Strike wasn't changing their status bar color to red.  I looked at the wiki and it says "Armor removal effects have their potency reduced to 1/4th of their listed value. For example, 100% removal would be reduced to 25% and require 4 casts to fully remove armor."  I went back and tested again with Sonic Fracture, spamming the hell out of it, and couldn't get a red health bar.  I'd guess I hit some targets 7 or 8 times with 177% ability strength. 

Just a little addendum to this:  there was a grineer armor sortie the next day, and Sonic Fracture worked as described in the wiki, i.e., it took 4 casts of 100% armor strip to actually strip completely.  Fusion Strike seemed to be working the same. 

• 6 months later...

I have a bit to add to this, Psychic bolts fails to do anything most of the time when playing nyx while not host. The only part of the ability that will always work is the initial stagger, so this ability is great when playing alone but when not hosting a squad you will be better off not using it.

@[DE]Momaw

I`ve been talking about Ash`s teleprot issurs for years and nothing has been done and even worst DE knows its an issues but are not fixing it but someone talks about nyx`s issues and you are investigating it? that`s not fair.

So I'll present Ash`s teleport but and let`s see if it will be fixed in a hotfix or in the echos of duviri update.

TYPE: In-Game

DESCRIPTION: Ash`s teleport doesn't open enemies up to finishers consistently.

REPRODUCTION: Teleport to enemy. 

EXPECTED RESULT: It should open enemies up to finishers every time you teleport to an enemy.

OBSERVED RESULT: Enemy is not affect by the ability.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time I teleport to a enemy.

Proof

Spoiler

Issue 2:

There is another issue with teleport where the stun is not strong enough to interrupt enemy’s movement or an animation.

If an enemy is under a fire or an electric proc and Ash teleports to that enemy it will not open them up for a finisher. 

Proof

# Ash - inconsistent teleport 1 by Aaronj-c

Also if Ash casts his Smoke Screen near an enemy, then teleports to it straight after it will not open it up for a finisher.

But if I teleport to an enemy then cast Smoke Screen, the stun from smoke screen will override Teleport`s stun animation on the enemy and interrupt it, what does this mean? This means Smoke Screen`s stun has a stronger interruption than teleport.

Proof

# Ash - inconsistent teleport 2 by Aaronj-c

# Ash - 3rd cant overide stagger by Aaronj-c

Based on the ppl I have talked to, theses issues are also on Xbox and PC, besides this Ash needs a revisit, he has issues most ppl don`t know about.

Edited by (PSN)Vexx757

12 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Seems like enemies on Steel Path Circuit aren't always defense stripped properly. The bolts would touch them but one out of five times not do anything.

Can confirm i've encountered this a few times, certainly felt like déjà vu. 

Edited by RoadCrewWorker