Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So why can Nullifier fields disable Operator abilities?

(PSN)Eloraeon

Operators utilitise the void in the purest form, so while Warframes make sense, Operators should be completely unaffected from a lore perspective.

From a gameplay perspective it also doesn't make a lot of sense, as Operators don't have any abilities that would be incredibly poweful against nullifiers outside of maybe void strike, which can anyway just be activated outside of the field and still apply in it. 

Void Sling also being disabled really just seems slightly annoying, especially since if they just come in the way of the end point, the sling is stopped. Void mode being diables also almost always results in death.

I would say the same applies to overguard, but Overguard is completely unexplained in the story and also already takes more void damage, so I don't see a massive problem there. 

More of a nitpick than a gameplay problem, but makes builds that utilitise Operator (ESPECIALLY Naramon, which already is a bit weak) much worse in Corpus content. Grineer and Infested have no complete counter to operator, so Corpus having one just seems like something that should have been looked at in the Operator rework.

One would assume

that the Sentient Orphix Nullifiers are much more advanced than Corpus Nullifiers

after all, they completely break the Warframe's transference link, not just block Abilities.

And yet, Operators function fine within them, but not in the more crude Corpus nullifier fields.

Yeah. I'd agree Corpus Nullifiers shouldn't have any effect on Operator Abilities.

Whether or not Acolytes (Violence) should be able to suppress Operator Abilities is less clear cut to me, but also worth considering...

11 hours ago, (PSN)Eloraeon said:

Void Sling also being disabled really just seems slightly annoying, especially since if they just come in the way of the end point, the sling is stopped. Void mode being diables also almost always results in death.

Yeah, it's annoying. You can go to the Bubble, activate void mode, and go through Bubble. Not sure why it has to stop at Bubble.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Eloraeon said:

Operators utilitise the void in the purest form, so while Warframes make sense, Operators should be completely unaffected from a lore perspective.

And there is Limbo, master of time and space. He literally goes to another place but for some reasons Eximus or Nully can affects you.

Archived